First Ashley Madison, Could Eccie be Next??

Sorry ladies, did not mean to exclude you. I threw this out in the Men's Lounge and forgot to solicit your thoughts??

Sound off on the recent hack of Ashley Madison and what are your thoughts or concerns about ECCIE being hacked? What precautions are you taking to protect yourself?? I'm single so I have nothing to loose if anything is discovered about me on this site. My friend all know that I'm similar to Charlie Harper on Two and a Half men. LOL

AM was personal. directed at AM specifically. part of it being how much fakeness is on it (as another member here reminded me in another thread).

little of that here. any hack would be most likely targeted at specific individuals. not the site as a whole. examples being faking someone else as had been done multiple times.

it's more likely AFF would be hacked than eccie. not to mention here it'd be more likely they'd get more info on the girls than the guys. not to mention the majority of it not being fake and the mods doing a good job of keeping it that way.
I wonder if all of my personas would be outed ...
  • bon69
  • 08-22-2015, 06:51 PM
I'm not concerned. I'm single and anyone can I have my email or phone number. I'm not ashamed one bit.
I wonder if all of my personas would be outed ... Originally Posted by pyramider
I thought everyone already knew...
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reason...n-you-thought/

Ponzi much?
Who cares about either one? Unless I am being caught in the act I haven't done shit and everyone who suddenly becomes interested in how I spend my time can kiss my ass.
Where the next sexy girl at?
  • WTF
  • 08-23-2015, 07:21 AM
Who cares about either one? Unless I am being caught in the act I haven't done shit and everyone who suddenly becomes interested in how I spend my time can kiss my ass.
Where the next sexy girl at? Originally Posted by Moto
If you are a government worker that used a government computer, you might be worried. If you access from a business computer...you might be worried if that is grounds for termination...
If you are a government worker that used a government computer, you might be worried. If you access from a business computer...you might be worried if that is grounds for termination... Originally Posted by WTF
If you're a government worker using government resources to partake in this you're an idiot. Why on earth would anyone working for the government use a system that's monitored to begin with?
So who has downloaded the database and searched for friends family and neighbors? My copy is downloading now and should be ready by the time I get back from church and brunch. I'm thinking I can find at least one person
  • bon69
  • 08-23-2015, 09:00 AM
So who has downloaded the database and searched for friends family and neighbors? My copy is downloading now and should be ready by the time I get back from church and brunch. I'm thinking I can find at least one person Originally Posted by citizen44
Maybe you should have downloaded it before Church. Just in case while you are there......
If your Email address has a government or military domain YOU ARE SOL

If your E mail address has a company domain YOU ARE SOL

If you spelled your RL world name out e.g. joe.blow@gmail.net YOU ARE SOL

If you logged from a company or government computer YOU ARE SOL especially if the IT administrator will search for their IP addresses being used. The more bad stuff that IT finds the more secure their job will be.
If you're a government worker using government resources to partake in this you're an idiot. Why on earth would anyone working for the government use a system that's monitored to begin with? Originally Posted by Mojojo
are you really asking that? the world (and the govt.) is full of idiots. it wouldn't surprise me at all.

not to mention, who monitors the monitor?
If your Email address has a government or military domain YOU ARE SOL

If your E mail address has a company domain YOU ARE SOL

If you spelled your RL world name out e.g. joe.blow@gmail.net YOU ARE SOL

If you logged from a company or government computer YOU ARE SOL especially if the IT administrator will search for their IP addresses being used. The more bad stuff that IT finds the more secure their job will be. Originally Posted by instfixer
the first 3, not so much. the 4th one is dependent. what if it is IT doing the logging in wherever? also one of the previously mentioned idiots could have lost sole ownership of their computer session.

as for the first 3, examples of how those are wrong would be AM itself. sometime after the hack happened AM turned off e-mail verification (believe they activated it again now) thereby letting anyone make up any e-mail they wanted. an example was given of the president of the usa complete with govt. domain for the address. that doesn't really means mr. o signed up on AM even though their records would reflect that.
the download finished. If anyone is fearful as to whether your info is listed in the data, just reply in this thread with your real world name and CC # and I will let you know if I find it
  • bon69
  • 08-23-2015, 11:59 AM
If you're a government worker using government resources to partake in this you're an idiot. Why on earth would anyone working for the government use a system that's monitored to begin with? Originally Posted by Mojojo
You would think. But allegedly some higher level Homeland Security personnel and the Top IT guy at the WH used their govt computers for this. Now you would think an educated IT guy, White House or not, would know he is leaving a tech trail. The only thing I can guess is their little brain has completely taken over their thought process.
  • bon69
  • 08-23-2015, 12:01 PM
the download finished. If anyone is fearful as to whether your info is listed in the data, just reply in this thread with your real world name and CC # and I will let you know if I find it
Originally Posted by citizen44
Oh... OK let me find my CC