Please Delete My Account....

Hahaha.........not really. I know this may seem like a cruel joke and some of you had a smile on your face and were dancing a little jig as you clicked on the link. Sorry, but you will have to keep dreaming of when that day arrives.

The topic is: Why do people post "Delete my account"? We've all seen a ton of posts about why we all come to the hobby, but it seems like there is a non-stop tide of guys into the hobby and back out again.

Now for the ladies, I totally understand this. Little girls don't dream of growing up one day to be providers. Ladies come to the hobby as a last economic resort to support themselves and their families. When I see a provider post this, I have a little mental image of her grabbing a diploma and hopefully heading off to a safer and happier life.

For guys on the other hand, the hobby is a blast. We are literally the fat kids in the candy store. So when I see a guy post this, it makes me curious. I will usually look to see how long he was on here, what (if any) his reviews were like, and what kind of poster was he. I can tell by comments in these threads that many others do the exact same thing.

What I'm not looking for is the usual member response like "there are as many different reasons as there are stars" or "who cares". ( I know, I just guaranteed those responses. Who will be the first?)

What I am looking for is insight from the mods. I'm sure most don't give a reason, or maybe there are 100 different reasons given. But do you see any common themes?

I'm usually thinking it's something like
1). Caught a disease
2). Was caught by wife
3). Couldn't afford it
4). Moving somewhere Eccie gets no coverage (got the shirt)
  • D.G.
  • 08-22-2015, 07:26 PM
All the peolle who start a please delete my account thread a re gone so there is no one to answer your question .
All the peolle who start a please delete my account thread a re gone so there is no one to answer your question . Originally Posted by D.G.
Hey girl....mods are still here.....like he suggested.
All members who request their accounts closed have to supply a reason before it is disabled
All members who request their accounts closed have to supply a reason before it is disabled Originally Posted by Pistolero
aaaaaaND....??????
All the peolle who start a please delete my account thread a re gone so there is no one to answer your question . Originally Posted by D.G.
The truth of that statement unveils the humor of it. And almost no typos. Finally one of your posts I can read.
Yeah I clicked the link with hopeful joy, much like a child at Christmas expecting to find brightly wrapped presents under the lighted tree. Only to find the Grinch had come instead.
Just kidding C4.
But D.G. has revealed the futility of your post and your trollish nature. Do you really miss CD that much? Not to worry, another target of your misguided affections will line up in your sights soon enough.
Be Patient.
Ok sure why not. You're spot on with most of it.

The most common reasons given for guys and providers have more in common than people might think.

Most common reasons for disable requests are:

MEN
  • The hobby isn't for me/I'm tired of it/spending too much time here/I'm a sex addict and this isn't good for me, I'm retiring
  • Getting married/have a serious SO, no longer interested in hobbying
  • Moving somewhere Eccie isn't used so no need for this account
  • I found Tebow, you're all going to hell...

PROVIDERS
  • Got a job/graduated/moving onto something new, I'm retiring.
  • Getting married, no longer providing
  • Moving somewhere Eccie isn't used

Most common reasons for guesting requests are:

MEN
  • Family found out about hobbying, need the account to go away now!
  • Going through a divorce/custody battle/court case need this to go away for awhile, I'll be back!
  • Someone is threatening to out me so I need to go underground, I'll probably be in touch to set up a new account

PROVIDERS
  • Family found out about hobbying, need the account to go away now!
  • Going through a divorce/custody battle/court case need this to go away for awhile, I'll be back!
  • Someone is threatening to out me so I need to go underground, I'll probably be in touch to set up a new account
I thought i could use my lonestar card but nooooo. Cant find a provider that will take goverment cheese in trade. I think i am being followed by a purple hippo in a thong.....
All members who request their accounts closed have to supply a reason before it is disabled Originally Posted by Pistolero
Why do a reason need to be supplied? I'm just curious. I had requested to have my account disabled but was told I needed to give a reason. As I was typing my reason, my girlfriend said it was ok to keep my account. Well, she isn't my girlfriend anymore.
  • D.G.
  • 08-22-2015, 09:11 PM
Probably just an exit survey . Customer retention and al that .
Why do a reason need to be supplied? I'm just curious. I had requested to have my account disabled but was told I needed to give a reason. As I was typing my reason, my girlfriend said it was ok to keep my account. Well, she isn't my girlfriend anymore. Originally Posted by PaulWalker
Its so we can determine which deactivation option is the best fit for the person's situation.
Thank you Mr. Hippo. Your time and response is much appreciated.

I find it strange that when a person is posting, I'm not overly curious as to the facts of their life. When I see a "Delete" post though of someone whose handle I recognize, it's as if I feel a slight sense of loss and I'm all the sudden curious as to who they were and what their life is like.
Okay, I retired for 4 years or so, and came back, just sayin'....
Who gives a fuck? I mean really bro you come up with some asinine posts.
Lol you are to much 😂