It's Trophy Time! (I hope)

I am leaving next Friday (10/18) for the Colorado wilderness.

My favorite time of the year!

My favorite time of the year! Originally Posted by bigtex
Going to visit your favorite pot farm?
Going to visit your favorite pot farm? Originally Posted by ExNYer
Only if there is a trophy bull elk lurking nearby!

Beautiful country! Lived in that region for a time while I was in college. It looks as if it might be a tad more white this year than is typical for this time of year. Enjoy!
Beautiful country! Lived in that region for a time while I was in college. It looks as if it might be a tad more white this year than is typical for this time of year. Enjoy! Originally Posted by I B Hankering
A "tad white" doesn't bother me. For someone who has lived most of my life within 50 miles of the Gulf of Mexico, I have probably logged in as many snow-days as anyone around.

This will be my 11th Fall hunting trip to either Colorado, Wyoming or Northern N. Mexico. I am used to it! Friday cannot get here soon enough for me!
I hope you come back to a "full freezer." Did you remember to move the fish out of the way?
Did you remember to move the fish out of the way? Originally Posted by gnadfly
Who wants to know?
At least the Political Forum will die down for a little bit! ROTF!

Have a great trip, I doubt you will miss much here while you are gone.

Have a great trip, I doubt you will miss much here while you are gone. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Well, he won't miss TheRock18. Then again, no one will.

Have a great trip, I doubt you will miss much here while you are gone. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
I suspect the usual suspects will still be slinging shit when I return.
You all been slinging shit for the last couple years, I doubt its gonna change much in a week or two.
You all been slinging shit for the last couple years, I doubt its gonna change much in a week or two. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
You say that as if you haven't slung your share!
Who me?

I've never been elk hunting, but my Dad did so several times with a few friends and associates back in the 1960s. He always reminisced about the great times and all the camaraderie, and brought back some pretty damned good meat, too!

I suspect the usual suspects will still be slinging shit when I return. Originally Posted by bigtex
No doubt about that. For the time being, though, you're unlikely to miss much. A few spammers and bump-happy trolls are trying to make a cesspool of the political forum.

Have a great trip!
IHe always reminisced about the great times and all the camaraderie, and brought back some pretty damned good meat, too! Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
You're right on all 3 counts!