tipping

Ok, I'd like some input on tipping. I know its (usually) not required, but basically, if I had a good enough time that I plan on coming back, I usually do tip.

I know I'm a good tipper in restaurants, but then, I know what most people do as I used to work in restaurants.... I know what gets their attention.

My question is - what are the ranges?

What tip would you as a provider remember?

I'm sure its different - if you are seeing someone for a $100 massage or a $300 hour....

I remember in the restaurant days - guys would make a big deal over sliding the cute waitress a $5 w/ their number... and the stories the girls told about those guys while having sex with me after closing.....

Clearly, I don't want to be the $5 guy! hehe

So, on a $100, I've been doing $20? ish?

But on a $300, $20 feels like $5.... so I was thinking $50? or $25?

Meh, any thoughts?
Always got tipped..50 was the norm....
100 was a NICE GUY! I dont know what has happened in the last 10 years but I do know providers bitch about it all the time... xxoo Annie
Tips are always nice & greatly appreciated but I never expect them. But $50 at least is a good tip imo. Plus tips make me remember you a lot more. So when we see eachother again I'm willing to schedule last minute, etc..
Greg, do you tip the mechanic for a timing belt replacement?
Always appreciated, never required. Even a $20 tip on a 300/hour date is nice. I guess its really about attitude and how the girl feels about it. Even when I get tipped $20 bucks I feel like "hey you just bought me lunch " Always happy to get a tip.
Tips are always nice & greatly appreciated but I never expect them. But $50 at least is a good tip imo. Plus tips make me remember you a lot more. So when we see eachother again I'm willing to schedule last minute, etc.. Originally Posted by keri2114

THIS is what I wanted to know, thanks.

Preferred status.

I know the young bucks will think if they "do her right" they will get preferred.

I'm experienced enough to know - i really doubt that anyone stands WAY out in that regard.
Greg, do you tip the mechanic for a timing belt replacement? Originally Posted by johnathan

It depends. If I take my Nissan to the Firestone and I don't know the name of the guy doing the work - no, I do not.

However, when I take my convertible Mustang to the PRO MECHANIC down the street, I call ahead, make sure he has time, get the parts ordered in advance, try and schedule for a Friday when I'm off work early, usually hang around while he works and talk cars.

If its a longer job, I"ll order his favorite pizza and when he's finishing, take a cooler out of the back of my mercedes and give him a iced down 12 pack of his favorite beer.

I guess it all depends on HOW you want your car serviced.
In other words, I want the car I care about worked on by a mechanic who loves his job, and I want him to know that I appreciate the extra time he takes to make sure that MY job is done right.

People won't tend to care about you anymore than you do.
In other words, I want the car I care about worked on by a mechanic who loves his job, and I want him to know that I appreciate the extra time he takes to make sure that MY job is done right.

People won't tend to care about you anymore than you do. Originally Posted by gregster
my thoughts exactly!
I never expect a tip---but when I do I always "show my appreciation"!

I think the best tips I got were gifts catered to my taste...example: In Des Moines I received a 6pack of coke in the old fashioned bottle for my morning session,then another one in the evening for my session then!
That was so thoughtful of the guys! I luv when they read my showcase/webpage and get a "feel" for what I like!

and if you do wanna tip cash...whatever you want is fine with me! lol
I would personally only tip if the session she did was way beyond the norm and legendary......
I will buy alcoholic spirits of her choosing and foods she would like and things like that.

But even then instead of tipping I will just do return business to them instead. I'm sure that's much better than a tip. Any provider who expects tips and bitches should raise her rates according to her needs......
Ya'll wonder WHY there are no quality girls returning to NOLA.. DUH.. This board is soooo cheap yet they expect the most. lol good luck.
I enjoy morning sessions so I usually leave enough for the lady to buy a nice lunch.
It depends. If I take my Nissan to the Firestone and I don't know the name of the guy doing the work - no, I do not.

However, when I take my convertible Mustang to the PRO MECHANIC down the street, I call ahead, make sure he has time, get the parts ordered in advance, try and schedule for a Friday when I'm off work early, usually hang around while he works and talk cars.

If its a longer job, I"ll order his favorite pizza and when he's finishing, take a cooler out of the back of my mercedes and give him a iced down 12 pack of his favorite beer.

I guess it all depends on HOW you want your car serviced. Originally Posted by gregster

I am involved in an automotive shop that does specially work. We are NOT "Firestone" and several of the tech's have been there 20+ years. We work on a lot of high end and custom cars. I can tell you that tips happen but are rare and pizza and beer are a pipe dream unless you personally know the guy.

People won't tend to care about you anymore than you do. Originally Posted by gregster

That mechanic is charging you a lot more than "Firestone". It's like the difference between backpage and a $300/hour girl. You are already paying them a premium price.