Are providers influenced to change or not change rates because of perceived pressure from hobbyists?

I was looking at an ad and noticed that a provider was hesitant to increase her rates because of "the lynch mob in the locker room".

Is this particular provider the only one who has felt this? I know providers change rates all the time with little or no fanfare.

Providers, have you ever been influenced to raise or not raise your rates because of perceived pressure from hobbyists?

sixx
Wouldn't perceived pressure from hobbyists be considered market pressure?
I was looking at an ad and noticed that a provider was hesitant to increase her rates because of "the lynch mob in the locker room".

Is this particular provider the only one who has felt this? I know providers change rates all the time with little or no fanfare.

Providers, have you ever been influenced to raise or not raise your rates because of perceived pressure from hobbyists?

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
I've heard girls mention they're afraid to raise their rates because of things people may say. I understand the apprehension, but I don't think it's a good idea to base one's income on the negative things others *may* say.

I'm not sure who you are referring to, so I can't comment on her situation. But most girls enter the market at much lower rates than when they become established. I don't see anything wrong with getting a pay increase after some time in the bull pen. (Damn, that was a shitty analogy. Sorry, lol) So... How much time and how much money? Well, that's for the individual provider to decide and for the market to carry (or not carry). Either way, a few negative comments are to be expected, but not necessarily heeded.
Somehow I doubt the hotter providers who are actually in high demand with pm/voicemail boxes full could care less about anything that takes place in the men's locker room nor should they.
It comes down to economics. If a provider doesn't care about dropping down a few notches on the average income Joe's "to do" list or encouraging mongors to seek out more affordable fillies with greater menu options on other boards & BP then power to her. This doesn't even include the extreme hotties we see passing through from Dallas and Houston at extremely competitive rates. I reviewed one such girl two weeks ago. Her rate was $220 but I gladly paid $250 because her incredible looks, attitude and service were IMO worth $400+ so I feel I got a bargain.

Most on ECCIE shop here for the safety aspect but many are becoming much more willing to accept a slightly higher risk to get far more bang for the buck. Seems to be a rapidly increasing trend lately.
I don't hobby extensively so am willing to spend a little more for the safety but I most likely would shop around other sites or BP and take a few chances if I were hobbying as regularly as some of you mongers. I do however have a few girls who call on occasion (With my permission) to fill in an empty block at a discounted rate. I don't seek it nor expect it but I also don't mind it.
Wouldn't perceived pressure from hobbyists be considered market pressure? Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
You must consider the source.

If the same guys who never spend over $X, are griping because a favorite raised her rate to $X.5, then their comments are moot. Sure, they can say all day that they *may* pay over $X if the right gal came along. BUT... if there's no evidence they ever have (no reviews of anyone over $X) then those comments shouldn't be taken into consideration. Their unwillingness to pay over $X has more to do with their own reasons rather than the ladies they are projecting them on.
I've heard girls mention they're afraid to raise their rates because of things people may say. I understand the apprehension, but I don't think it's a good idea to base one's income on the negative things others *may* say.

Agreed...... Price yourselves any place you think you should be...... Guys will pay or they won't..... then adjust accordingly....

I'm not sure who you are referring to, so I can't comment on her situation. But most girls enter the market at much lower rates than when they become established. I don't see anything wrong with getting a pay increase after some time in the bull pen. (Damn, that was a shitty analogy. Sorry, lol)

yeah... just like wives .. after they get established some tend to take Greek off the menu......

So... How much time and how much money? Well, that's for the individual provider to decide and for the market to carry (or not carry). Either way, a few negative comments are to be expected, but not necessarily heeded. Originally Posted by KaraLynnKelley

Probably the most current example of how no one really listens to what consumers SAY is the current gas price increases.... None of these stations could care less how much we as consumers complain or curse them.....

Ladies shouldn't either.....

I think Ladies should take everything written on the board in a non personal manner as criticism about the product offering and make educated decisions on their participation as well as levels of service and pricing....

The only thing I really think a lady needs to be concerned about as she increases price is that REVIEWS become more critical of her looks, age and performance.

Guys will sometimes pay $300 an hour at times for a hot 19yo that offers 1 pop and CBJ ....

but if some middle aged provider with some cosmetic defect tries to raise her prices to $300 an hour because she perceives her services and TCB to be better she may very well run afoul of that critical eye.....

if a lady is worried about LOCKER ROOM reviews then she probably has a valid concern..... Guys will tear her apart in the locker room after a rate increase....

It's unfortunate that more guys lack the testicular fortitude to actually do their reviews in the proper forum but there is always less WKing and posturing in the LR... especially when negative information is being shared....

But on the other hand......

Why is she reading the Locker Room to begin with?

• Vyt
  • 03-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Somehow I doubt the hotter providers who are actually in high demand with pm/voicemail boxes full could care less about anything that takes place in the men's locker room. Originally Posted by Codybeast
This. Generally women I know who jack up their rates do so because they're overwhelmed by calls and are trying to 'triage'. It really is market pressure and it works in both directions - women who don't see any business will run specials, give discounts to regulars, etc.

Why is she reading the Locker Room to begin with? Originally Posted by Whispers
An excellent question...

If the same guys who never spend over $X, are griping because a favorite raised her rate to $X.5, then their comments are moot. Originally Posted by KaraLynnKelley
If she is a favorite of his, I assume he has been seeing her at $X. If that's the case, then I hardly think that is a moot point, she may be losing a regular.

Sure, they can say all day that they *may* pay over $X if the right gal came along. BUT... if there's no evidence they ever have (no reviews of anyone over $X) then those comments shouldn't be taken into consideration. Their unwillingness to pay over $X has more to do with their own reasons rather than the ladies they are projecting them on.
Of course, it's up to the provider to decide whose comments to take into consideration, and someone who's unwilling to pay her previous (lower) rate wouldn't be her market anyway. However, someone who has been paying her previous rate but unwilling to pay the new rate probably should be taken into consideration.

Even if a guy who is not her target market gives honest opinion, it's not a bad idea to take it into consideration. I'm completely qualified to evaluate many things I'm not in the market for.

It might also be surprising to find out where a man really spends his money, even if it's not apparent in his reviews.

I'm not sure who you are referring to, so I can't comment on her situation. But most girls enter the market at much lower rates than when they become established. I don't see anything wrong with getting a pay increase after some time in the bull pen. (Damn, that was a shitty analogy. Sorry, lol) So... How much time and how much money? Well, that's for the individual provider to decide and for the market to carry (or not carry). Either way, a few negative comments are to be expected, but not necessarily heeded. Originally Posted by KaraLynnKelley
Well stated....

I think Ladies should take everything written on the board in a non personal manner as criticism about the product offering and make educated decisions on their participation as well as levels of service and pricing....

Some can but they are a rare breed.

But on the other hand......

Why is she reading the Locker Room to begin with?

I think that is the question of the day. Yes, I know there are now ways to see things BUT I feel you give up the right to complain in an open forum if you choose to view what you should not IMO....

Originally Posted by Whispers
sixx
Originally Posted by KaraLynnKelley
Green is green. He is spending his money somewhere. I for one would spend the $$$ if my name were Charlie Sheen and I had money to piss away. Why? Because I feel every woman I have seen is worth even more.
However like many mongers I have to watch my dollars these days. As a responsible individual with no safety net I can only allot x amount for unnecessary wasteful recreation .
Fortunately for me there is NO shortage of traveling beauties plus a few local petite ATFs who are well within that budget.

Even if the actual (not so veiled) purpose of the thread might be to bring attention to the fact that providers should not even be aware of what is going on in the locker room I still think the actual subject matter is worth addressing.
If she is a favorite of his, I assume he has been seeing her at $X. If that's the case, then I hardly think that is a moot point, she may be losing a regular.
Of course, it's up to the provider to decide whose comments to take into consideration, and someone who's unwilling to pay her previous (lower) rate wouldn't be her market anyway. However, someone who has been paying her previous rate but unwilling to pay the new rate probably should be taken into consideration.

For sure. This is why most girls grandfather regulars they have enjoyed.

Even if a guy who is not her target market gives honest opinion, it's not a bad idea to take it into consideration. I'm completely qualified to evaluate many things I'm not in the market for.

Of course you are. But if I'm someone you've never been attracted to and you wouldn't come see me at $X, your opinion does not hold much weight in my decision to increase my rate. Will I totally disregard it? Depends. If you say something like, "XX for that? Hell no!" Then yes, I'll ignore it. On the other hand if you say, "I wouldn't see her at $X, so I am definitely not going to see her at $XX. But she does have a great reviews so I can understand why she'd up her entry fee. Maybe she should consider $X.5 first/instead of $XX" Now that's constructive input that I'll definitely give some thought to. Not as much as my target market, but definitely a second thought.

It might also be surprising to find out where a man really spends his money, even if it's not apparent in his reviews.

Yup, but how would I get this information? I can't base decisions about my livelihood on information I don't have. I think I am missing something with your last statement? You're usually very clear, so I'm sure I'm overlooking something plain as day, lol.
Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
Green is green. He is spending his money somewhere. I for one would spend the $$$ if my name were Charlie sheen and I had money to piss away. Why? Because I feel every woman I have seen is worth even more.
However like many mongers I have to watch my dollars these days. As a responsible individual with no safety net I can only allot x amount for unnecessary wasteful recreation .
Fortunately for me there is NO shortage of traveling beauties plus a few local petite ATFs who are well within that budget.

Even if the actual not so veiled purpose of the thread might be to bring attention to the fact that providers should not even be aware of what is going on n the locker room I still think the actual subject matter is worth addressing. Originally Posted by Codybeast
For me it matters. I'm a black provider. I don't really put much stock into the opinions about my rate from guys who are not attracted to black women, or think black providers should charge less than market. So yeah, I do consider the source.

Great thread, Sixx!
Hi Guys and gals, I'm new here to the boards. Let me horn in on this. I have one client who I keep my rates especially low. The reason for this is because he has an odd fetish. He wants me to pretend I'm alseep, that I'm his sleeping beauty. I jsut lie there and he massages my feet, hands and body. Then he moves on to the deed. All while I'm "pretending" to be alseep. I do nothing. No foreplay. My eyes are closed. No talking....for this, I charge the low rate of $150 for the hour. My rates are higher for everyone else, but based on the services, or lack there of, he gets a discounted rate. I mean, I'm LITERALLY doing nothing.
For me it matters. I'm a black provider. I don't really put much stock into the opinions about my rate from guys who are not attracted to black women, or think black providers should charge less than market. So yeah, I do consider the source.

Great thread, Sixx! Originally Posted by KaraLynnKelley
I really don't get that analogy as you would have no clue as to just how many and which mongers on the board would or would not see black providers especially ones bigoted enough to think you should charge less just because of ethnicity.
No one in his right mind would Ever admit such a thing publicly unless he wanted to get lynched by both sides.
This is not really a source you could consider because in reality you wouldn't know.
I really don't get that analogy as you would have no clue as to what mongers on the board would or would not see black providers or especially which mongers are bigoted enough to think they should charge less just for being black. No one in his right mind would Ever state such a thing publicly unless he wanted to get lynched by both sides.
That is not really a source you could consider because you wouldn't know. Originally Posted by Codybeast
With all due respect, how would you know what I know? I wouldn't speak on something unless I knew for sure...and this is something I know well. I'm quite clued-in so don't discount my statement simply because no one has in their tagline, "Not available to black providers." And why would anyone be publicly lynched for saying he's not attracted to black women?

I'm not trying to make this about race at all, but I do know that there are men who are not attracted to black women. Who cares? I don't and I don't place weight on their opinions. It would be the same way if I was over 40 or a BBW, or anything else. There are enough people who DO like women like me and their comments matter more than those who don't. That was the point of my previous statement.

I'm going to sleep now, but when I have time this week, I will link to threads with men publicly stating they are not attracted to black women, since you think I'm pulling things from the sky. But I am tired and lazy now, lol Good night!
With all due respect, how would you know what I know? I wouldn't speak on something unless I knew for sure...and this is something I know well. I'm quite clued-in so don't discount my statement simply because no one has in their tagline, "Not available to black providers." And why would anyone be publicly lynched for saying he's not attracted to black women?

I'm not trying to make this about race at all, but I do know that there are men who are not attracted to black women. Who cares? I don't and I don't place weight on their opinions. It would be the same way if I was over 40 or a BBW, or anything else. There are enough people who DO like women like me and their comments matter more than those who don't. That was the point of my previous statement.

I'm going to sleep now, but when I have time this week, I will link to threads with men publicly stating they are not attracted to black women, since you think I'm pulling things from the sky. But I am tired and lazy now, lol Good night! Originally Posted by KaraLynnKelley
OK I believe you. I've just never seen it on the open forum anyway. Of course you wouldn't know about the locker room. A monger actually stating a provider should charge less because of her color. Can't imagine him getting away with that but I could be wrong.

**Actually the more that I think about it I suppose it's no different than how many feel toward BBW's so I guess you're probably right on the money.
Anyway back to rates. Sweet dreams beautiful.