Who are the bikers here?

I'm planning a trip in the spring down that way and am looking for a little info, maybe a wing man if anyone is interested in doing some riding.
I have ridden all over the country from South Texas. From your neck of the woods a great trip would be south to Riverton, Va. Jump on Skyline Drive there which turns into the Blue Ridge Parkway and take it all the way to Cherokee, NC. From Cherokee head south and pick up the Moonshiner 28, that will take you past Fontana Dam and will end at Deals Gap. Buy the T Shirt at Deals Gap then skip the Tail of the Dragon (way over rated) and head south on 129 to until it intersects with 143 (Cherohola Skyway). When you pass the Tennessee line 143 will become TN 165.

165 will take you to Tellico Springs. From there take 68 south into northern Georgia (road changes to GA 60) until you hit HWY 76. Once on 76 go east a few miles near Blairsville, GA there is an awesome biker resort called the Copperhead Lodge. http://www.copperheadlodge.com/

From Blairsville you can choose many options heading west. You have about 1 good day of riding until the mountains are gone. This is the long way but the most fun route. I rode to Gettysburg in 2013 from south Texas. Took me 6.5 days with no days over 400 miles. in the mountains you probably won't quite make that many.
I should have been more specific....I'm planning a trip to south Texas in the spring. Want to see that area and do some border hopping. Texas has the best fucking women around without a doubt but love my Mexican ladies too. Id be leaving from San Antonio and headed for the border.
I should have been more specific....I'm planning a trip to south Texas in the spring. Want to see that area and do some border hopping. Texas has the best fucking women around without a doubt but love my Mexican ladies too. Id be leaving from San Antonio and headed for the border. Originally Posted by sjomonty
The best riding in the state is Big Bend national park which is quite a ways from SA but the hill country is right there which has a lot of great roads for 2 wheels. Riding south Texas is pretty bland. Lots of bikers in Bandera and I can give you some great routes there. If you plan to visit the border towns you might want to mix up the great riding and playing with different options.

Best bet would be to ride the hill country, you might get lucky there and then head south. The 3 Twisted Sisters is a pretty good ride but I have an augmented route that makes it a little better.
The best riding in the state is Big Bend national park which is quite a ways from SA but the hill country is right there which has a lot of great roads for 2 wheels. Riding south Texas is pretty bland. Lots of bikers in Bandera and I can give you some great routes there. If you plan to visit the border towns you might want to mix up the great riding and playing with different options.

Best bet would be to ride the hill country, you might get lucky there and then head south. The 3 Twisted Sisters is a pretty good ride but I have an augmented route that makes it a little better. Originally Posted by capitan1962
Perfect ,exactly what I'm looking for. In a different time I would be tempted to run from SA to Big Bend then take 53 to Piedras Negras....but I assume the days or running around Mexico are over. Especially since I will be there without a wing man.

3 twisted sisters looks great. I might head out of SA, hit those roads first then bust it to the border. I want to do some tequila drinking and blues listening as well as riding. Chicas are also on the list.

So I thinks the sisters, west to the border, then south border hopping along the way and back to SA via South Padre and Corpus Christi.

Thanks for your help, I cant wait to get down there.
Send a PM and I will give you my version of how to run the 3 Sisters.
I never get tired of the Twisted Sister's route. Don't forget to visit the Apple Store not the computer place.
  • dcarr
  • 03-16-2019, 05:11 PM
South Texas being the RGV by the border is not a great place to ride. I have a few of my favorite rides but they aren't that exciting. I've had more motorcycle license since I was 15. Be glad to cruise with you starting from the McAllen area.
South Texas being the RGV by the border is not a great place to ride. I have a few of my favorite rides but they aren't that exciting. I've had more motorcycle license since I was 15. Be glad to cruise with you starting from the McAllen area. Originally Posted by dcarr
Sent you a PM. How is action on the other side of the border these days?
  • dcarr
  • 03-19-2019, 02:13 PM
I don't cross anymore. Had my passport revoked.