Would this work?

So if I was looking for girls on STG and was worried about it being a sting. Would just asking for a massage be a way to see if she is real or a sting? Could I get busted for just getting a massage? I figure if she is legit I would find that out during the massage and could book for more in the future.
You are more likely to get scammed than be part of a sting, which you just found out from what I saw. Pay for premium access and read reviews. Best way possible.
And be advised cops do NOT need to say they are cops if u ask them directly.
Not sure if it works the other way but girls have claimed they've been busted without money changing hands as soon as she mentioned sex or got undressed.

It's their word against yours.
You can get charged with prostitution EVEN without actually being in the same room. Just intent. The Pennsylvania statue on it is pretty simple and leaves a lot of gray area. If u pull into a hotel parking lot and they know u r there for room 210 hooker u can be arrested without stepping foot into the hotel or seeing her.
You probably wouldn't be convicted without a direct exchange of money for services (the "services" don't need to actually happen, just the exchange of money with the clear intent is sufficient), but that wouldn't stop someone from being arrested, even if LE knows they won't be able to make it stick. The point is to put you through a lot of hassle and embarrassment (and possible risk to your family, social, or professional situation, just from merely being arrested). The current policy in PA (or at least in Allegheny County), is that unless there's another offense at the same time, minor stuff like this is currently supposed to be "catch and release" - they're supposed to hand you a citation and send you on your way, and you get a court date later on. But depending on the agency and individual officer involved, they might ignore that and take you into custody anyway - you'd probably spend the night in jail, get a preliminary arraignment that day or the next day, and most likely be released ROR if you have a relatively clean record. The whole point of that is specifically to hassle you, even if they know the matter will eventually be dropped.

As someone much wiser than me used to say, "You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride"...
They can easily make up a second offense, by saying the use of your phone was a "tool" in the furtherance of a crime. Look at police blotters in some local newspapers, they always pile a secondary onto the arrest. Now, Allegheny County may to busy to deal with taking you into custody on charges that will probably get reduced, but many of these smaller townships don't have a whole lot going on and usually they will have a very willing judge there to make you an example for the rest of us.
BTW, Vman, the fact you are on STG, which they would claim is a well known source of prostitution, I doubt it would matter, especially in a smaller town, for LE to arrest you even though u were "only looking for a massage". Laser is right, the main reason they would do this is to embarrass the hell out, stuff their coffers with fines and court fees of you and cause serious fallout to you and your family if you are in that type of situation.
Yes, because of the size of Allegheny County (and the number of people in the court system at any given time), they generally won't bother with consensual hobby-related stuff (as well as lots of other minor offenses) unless someone calls in a complaint, or unless it's close to election time or something...

But, if you wander out into Westmoreland County or something... I've seen them take people into custody, and hold them on ridiculous bail, as well as convicting people and sentencing them to actual jail time, for the most trivial things... They don't have nearly as much going on in areas like that, and they don't have nearly as many people in the system as Allegheny County does. In Allegheny County, you pretty much have to physically harm someone before you get a sentence beyond probation, as long as you show up for all your court dates.
They can easily make up a second offense, by saying the use of your phone was a "tool" in the furtherance of a crime. Look at police blotters in some local newspapers, they always pile a secondary onto the arrest. Now, Allegheny County may to busy to deal with taking you into custody on charges that will probably get reduced, but many of these smaller townships don't have a whole lot going on and usually they will have a very willing judge there to make you an example for the rest of us.
BTW, Vman, the fact you are on STG, which they would claim is a well known source of prostitution, I doubt it would matter, especially in a smaller town, for LE to arrest you even though u were "only looking for a massage". Laser is right, the main reason they would do this is to embarrass the hell out, stuff their coffers with fines and court fees of you and cause serious fallout to you and your family if you are in that type of situation. Originally Posted by tspeedman412

They always pile on charges as a tactic to make at least one stick. From personal experience, a good lawyer can make most, all but one, and sometimes all go away. That's if you have the money for a true good lawyer.
If you're worried about a sting, simply don't go. That's the only way you're going to protect yourself from getting busted. The popo can make the rules and break the rules in an instant to suit their needs. If they want to make a bust, they'll make a bust.
FWIW, they likely won't throw you in jail for very long because a gainfully employed perp pays fines better than a perp who is in jail.
I PERSONALLY never physically hand the girls money. "Oops officer, I must have dropped that wad of cash", but again, that's not going to cover your ass if they want to bust someone.