Too Hot or Bad Traffic Ruin Hobbying?

Anyone else cut back during the heatwave and back to office traffic?

I normally only hobby in evenings (when most providers don't want to make themselves available unfortunately). Better traffic, end of workday, easier to sneak away as I'm "out with the boys" if anyone asks etc.

Now that I finally took some time off work, decided to try midday scheduling.

Goddamn I miss COVID lockdowns. I cannot deal with the stupid drivers and the excessive heat just to go bust a nut.

I feel like it's not worth it anymore to drive out of my way, possibly be sweating roundtrip and risk getting into an accident or delayed for other obligations.

Just me here?

I normally only hobby in evenings (when most providers don't want to make themselves available unfortunately). Better traffic, end of workday, easier to sneak away as I'm "out with the boys" if anyone asks etc.

Goddamn I miss COVID lockdowns. I cannot deal with the stupid drivers and the excessive heat just to go bust a nut.

I feel like it's not worth it anymore to drive out of my way, possibly be sweating roundtrip and risk getting into an accident or delayed for other obligations.

Just me here? Originally Posted by nookiebandit
I feel the same way. For years now, I almost exclusively book weekend appts. For the same reasons you stated. When I book Saturday morning appts the weather is cooler, the traffic is lighter and the lady I want to see is freshly showered, rested, etc..

When I was younger, my wants/needs & priorities were different. I went to any lengths to get laid like driving extremely far, cancelling other plans to meet up with a lady, staying up late (even on a work night) just to meet someone.

Now my priorities have shifted. I hobby on my time schedule, not the ladies. Plus I'm getting very picky about what I want or don't want. I don't settle anymore and refuse to pay some of the inflated prices I see when the lady is offering almost nothing.
Heat no. Traffic yes. I recently turned down a BJ from an old GF of mine because she now lives over 30 minutes away. And she gives really good BJ's
Traffic sort of, heat definitely. AMPs and Studios effectively deal with heat (great beginning showers), but Indy's gonna have to wait until the Temp can break below 92 or so.. Maybe November
I don’t fuck much with traffic for anything. Increasingly, if something’s not in my neighborhood, I’m not going. I rarely venture north of Northwest Highway or south of downtown. Or west of Love Field or more than a mile east of Central. I picked the area because it’s close to the things I do and because there’s not much traffic.
Heat does work as detractor for me. I need more motivation to go to 115 deg garage, sit in car and wait for it to cool down and drive. Same again when you get roasted on the way back from your date. Mild weather is mood setter.

Distance of 15+ miles is an issue. If there is someone on TDL, then I would keep her in mind and schedule with her when in her area. If someone is really resistible, then distance can be overlooked.

Just me here? Originally Posted by nookiebandit
No.I have noticed that heat tends to mean slow business....
No.I have noticed that heat tends to mean slow business.... Originally Posted by GayleMeyers
I didn’t even think about the correlation between heat and slow business, but it sure makes sense.

Fortunately, temps will moderate. Traffic ain’t going away, though.
Man-- even back when the hobby was my only source of income-- I'd find reasons to take off during the summer-- or travel up north. Lots of gents are willing to brave DFW traffic-- but not when its 110 degrees out.
Lots of gents are willing to brave DFW traffic-- but not when its 110 degrees out. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Glad to know it's not just me. Not that it's any help to the situation. I suppose One could shift to late night visits to mitigate heat, but that introduces new problems.
I do not mind driving in the heat but I hate the Providers who run their AC at 80 to save on utility bills. Ask them to crank up the AC and it's "i'm comfortable" but babe were going to be sweating profusely in 10 minutes. I like the outcall as I lower the temp to 70 before she gets here.
Yep could not agree more,

For my cases, I do prefer the afternoon or before 7:00 just because I do not know the area very well but damn Dallas is hot. After a good session with lady, once I get into my car all joys are gone due to heat.
  • jkk
  • 09-03-2023, 10:56 AM
110 dry heat no problem for me. I am still seeing 1 a day.
I do not mind driving in the heat but I hate the Providers who run their AC at 80 to save on utility bills. Ask them to crank up the AC and it's "i'm comfortable" but babe were going to be sweating profusely in 10 minutes. I like the outcall as I lower the temp to 70 before she gets here. Originally Posted by ahab11
Visit providers at hotels ,, you can put the temp down to 60 lol
Visit providers at hotels ,, you can put the temp down to 60 lol Originally Posted by LustyBustyGina38FF
My kinda gal. I gots to have it cool.