MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell Says Hillary Won

Yeh, it's that Electorial College thing again.

Of course, before Tuesday at about 8:00 PM CST, when it dawned on everybody that Hillary WAS NOT going to get her "300+" Electorial Votes that every pundit predicted, everything was just fine. She had her "Blue Wall" that could not be penetrated. She could count on 270 before one vote was cast.

But that was before 8:00 PM CST on Tuesday Night. The Gods went mad. Now, the rules must be changed. We must right this terrible wrong.

Of course, if the roles were reversed, the Electorial College would be a great, and sound, institution.

This is some of the best comedy on TV.
It's "Electoral", JS. I'm sure in Houston y'all like to pronounce it with that cute little i-a-l ending...however in Dallas (and the rest of the educated free world) the rest of us usually speak (and spell) in the manner words were intended.
Hillary *won* the popular vote. that's all she got.

she lost with 20 states to Trumps 30 states.
United States Constitution: Article 2, Section 1:
“Each state shall appoint, in such manner as the legislature thereof may direct, a number of electors, equal to the whole number of senators and representatives to which the state may be entitled in the Congress: but no senator or representative, or person holding an office of trust or profit under the United States, shall be appointed an elector.”

This established our Electoral College.
The elimination of the Electoral College would overnight make irrelevant the votes of Americans in approximately 25 states because candidates would only be interested in campaigning in large population states making small states meaningless zeros. There is no threshold of what constitutes a “majority” under National Popular Vote. Therefore, a presidential candidate could be elected with as little as 15% of the popular vote. Under the National Popular Vote scheme, chaos would ensue in any close election. Under the Electoral College no single faction or region of the country can elect a president ensuring broad representation across America.
United States Constitution: Article 2, Section 1: Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
exactly. i have wavered on the electoral college over the years but have come to the conclusion it is as reverent today as it was when written by the founding fathers.

it's demographics really .. and statistics .. and lies .. bahahahaha
That's why they were called our "forefathers" ..... because they had the "foresight" to set up the election process correctly ..... if you live in a state that only has 3 or 4 electoral votes it ensures your vote is just as important as someone who lives in a state with 55 electoral votes ..... please read very carefully the second quote in Chica Chaser's comment above ..... yes the system can allow the loser to have more popular votes but the men that set up this system of voting were extremely smart individuals ..... and they got it right .....
It's "Electoral", JS. I'm sure in Houston y'all like to pronounce it with that cute little i-a-l ending...however in Dallas (and the rest of the educated free world) the rest of us usually speak (and spell) in the manner words were intended. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
I'm surprised my spell check did not catch that.

Thanks for pointing it out. Do you have anything else to add to the conversation?
The Electoral College was premised on states having some autonomy. States used to be important. It really doesn't fit with the direction the US has gone in the last 100 years or so. Rather than getting rid of the EC, we'd be better served by returning power to the states that the federal government has unconstitutionally taken from them.
and now with all your education you have, in Jan. I'm sure you can learn to say President Trump HaHa
It's "Electoral", JS. I'm sure in Houston y'all like to pronounce it with that cute little i-a-l ending...however in Dallas (and the rest of the educated free world) the rest of us usually speak (and spell) in the manner words were intended. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
Some people still confuse a republic for democracy.
Our founders understood that and made sure that all states would have a say in the election.
Had this not been the case, we would not have there United States of America.

It does seem that the loser of the electoral votes cries about the system regardless of which party they support.
The Electoral College was premised on states having some autonomy. States used to be important. It really doesn't fit with the direction the US has gone in the last 100 years or so. Rather than getting rid of the EC, we'd be better served by returning power to the states that the federal government has unconstitutionally taken from them. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
yeah, with the passage of the 17th admendment. the balance was broken.
bill o'rielly had a good story tonight ,replay at 10 et
And know we have the spoiled POS liberals and the leeches of society and the " college educated " millennials (and younger ) out rioting over their preferred lyin, cheating, never-started-a-campaign-for-a-government-job-where-she-didn't-have to-use-her-husbands-name-to-succeed-and-can-break-any-law-that-she-desires. Thank God I live in Texas and will soon be moving to an even more " country " area of the state. I can only hope that the rule of law is soon restored after 8 years of odummer's meddling at the local level. If not " click-click " ...
yeah, with the passage of the 17th admendment. the balance was broken. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
EXACTLY!
The Electoral College was premised on states having some autonomy. States used to be important. It really doesn't fit with the direction the US has gone in the last 100 years or so. Rather than getting rid of the EC, we'd be better served by returning power to the states that the federal government has unconstitutionally taken from them. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Probably the most abused Amendment of all

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.