Just a reminder...

• WTF
  • 11-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Just a reminder...

Red Kettles & Bell Ringers

As you open your pocketbooks for the next natural disaster, or the Christmas season, please keep these facts in mind:
The American Red Cross President and CEO Marsha J. Evans' salary for the 2011 was$951,957 plusexpenses.

The United Way President Brian Gallagher receives a $675,000 base salary along withnumerous expensebenefits .

UNICEF CEOCaryl M. Stern receives $1,900,000per year (158K) per month, plus all expenses including a ROLLS ROYCE.
Less than 5 cents (4.4 cents) per donated dollar goes to the cause.

Meanwhile...
The Salvation Army'sCommissioner Todd Bassett receives a salary of only$13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization.96 percent of donated dollars go to the cause.

Lions Club International uses no money donated by the public for administrative expenses. All money received goes directly to the chairity that it is meant for.

The American LegionNational Commander receives a $0..00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!

· The Veterans of Foreign Wars National Commander receives a $0..00 zero salary
Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!

· The Disabled American Veterans National Commander receives a$0..00 zero salary.

· The Military Order of Purple HeartsNational Commander receives a$0..00 zero salary.

· The Vietnam Veterans Association National Commander receives a$0..00 zero salary.

No further comment is necessary.
Please share this with everyone you can.

WTF, thanks for the timely information.
got any info on the Wounded Warrior project?
Very interesting information.

Thanks!
What's wrong with making money at your job WTF? You make it sound as if all your donation just goes to pay the directors of these organizations.

Are you a marxists?
  • WTF
  • 11-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Im just putting the information out there Lama, donate as you wish. Personally I donate to the new hot hooker charity!
I'd rather give my money to these charties than to have it stolen from me my the government to pay for one of Michelle's vacations.
  • WTF
  • 11-26-2012, 09:11 AM
I'd rather give my money to some big tittied hottie trying to pay for college than have it stolen from me by our government to pay for rich folks wars ,fought for them by the middle class. But that is just me. Not sure what this has to do about me posting facts on charities
I'd rather give my money to some big tittied hottie trying to pay for college than have it stolen from me by our government to pay for rich folks wars Originally Posted by WTF

Oh Gwad!

Rich folks wars??? The armed forces are full of volunteers who die so that you can give money to big titted hotties who are trying to pay for college and for you to throw your silly stick bombs WTF.

....to pay for college...
I thought WPF and TTH and the other libs on here told us that private charity interfered with government handouts and that we should leave charity to the government.

Otherwise, I totally support those charities, and others. Private charity is infinitely superior to government.
If most of the cash is going to the company running the charity it isn't a charity.It is a business.
If most of the cash is going to the company running the charity it isn't a charity.It is a business. Originally Posted by ekim008
I can't think of one "charity" that is not a business ..

Every time there is a disaster, the Red Cross sops up on the shortcomings of others and then disappears. Shameful.

The 911 fund did it for me with the Red Cross.
Did you read the thread?
I was in a flood in 1994 and lost 98% of everything I owned, including my house, and I didn't have that all-important "rising water" addendum on my homeowners insurance. (Didn't know that was a separate rider. I was raised in the earthquake-prone, blazing California dessert. We just worried about shake and bake.) I have to say that both the Salvation Army AND the Red Cross were lifesavers. Nowadays all my actual fundraising efforts go to animal charities (see my sig line), but I ALWAYS give a few dollars to every Red Kettle I see. I am not particularly fond of organized religion, but the SA is a good organization, and their people walk the talk about Jesus, mercy, and kindness.
Donating to the poor is the right thing to do. Looking for excuses not to help others in need is not cool. If the charity is legit and I can donate then I will. What people choose to do with it is not my problem. It is a donation.

If I can give money to a homeless person on street then I will. How he or she uses that money is not my concern. I gave it to them, it is theirs now.