A REAL "STAND YOUR GROUND" INCIDENT.....

Homeowner Shoots 2 Intruders, Kills 1

CLEVELAND — After being beaten and pistol whipped in his own home, a 24-year-old man managed to get to his personal weapon and shoot two robbery suspects.

According to the Cleveland Division of Police, the homeowner encountered the men when he returned to his Rudyard Road home.

They allegedly attempted to rob him in the driveway then took him inside where they beat and pistol whipped him.

It happened Tuesday around 2:20 a.m.

One intruder was pronounced dead at the scene. The other was arrested a few blocks away and was being treated at MetroHealth Medical Center for a gunshot wound to the knee.

The homeowner has a concealed carry permit. Police said the suspects were males in their 20s.

The incident remained under investigation.

http://fox8.com/2013/12/17/homeowner...uders-kills-1/
Yes, this much closer to what stand your ground is all about. There is also a little bit of the castle law working here too.
Actually it is not. It is just a simple case of self-defense. Stand Your Ground Is just legal justification for shoot first and ask questions later if you are losing an argument.
Simpleton understanding of the law; not even close to being correct.

Actually it is not. It is just a simple case of self-defense. Stand Your Ground Is just legal justification for shoot first and ask questions later if you are losing an argument. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Yesterday, sixty-nine years ago on December 16, the Germans launched "Operation Watch on the Rhine" or, as U.S. troops came to call it, "The Battle of the Bulge." Men like PFC Vernon Haught, with Company F, 325th GIR, stood their ground.

Bet you wished you could have sucked his dick 'eh In Bred Hank.
Bet you wished you could have sucked his dick 'eh In Bred Hank. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
You're a brainless, fucking moron, Ekim the Inbred Chimp. Nothing in that post remotely provoked such an asinine and juvenile insult from your grammatically ignorant, moronic-ass, Ekim the Inbred Chimp.
Simpleton understanding of the law; not even close to being correct. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
I would think that either a "stand your ground" defense or self-defense would be equally applicable in this case. Below is from the 2013 Florida statutes regarding stand your ground.

Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or
(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.
You're a brainless, fucking moron, Ekim the Inbred Chimp. Nothing in that post remotely provoked such an asinine and juvenile insult from your grammatically ignorant, moronic-ass, Ekim the Inbred Chimp.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering

I call 'em like I see 'em you flaming faggot.
Then it is obvious you are blind, LittleEva.
I call 'em like I see 'em you flaming faggot. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
You took an honest remark commemorating real American heroes and bent it towards your own twisted and demented perversions, Ekim the Inbred Chimp; so, it's evident that you are as blind as you are stupid, Ekim the Inbred Chimp. Why is it that you keep denigrating American service personnel, Ekim the Inbred Chimp?

You took an honest remark commemorating real American heroes and bent it towards your own twisted and demented perversions, Ekim the Inbred Chimp; so, it's evident that you are as blind as you are stupid, Ekim the Inbred Chimp. Why is it that you keep denigrating American service personnel, Ekim the Inbred Chimp?

Originally Posted by I B Hankering

Fuck you cocksucker, and your perversions..Take your ad hominid comments your blue dress and get ready to walk the streets tonight.
Then it is obvious you are blind, LittleEva. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Kiss my ass old man...
Originally Posted by LexusLover
I love how SOME gun owners are so tolerant of the opinions of others. (Sarcasm) This guy obviously believes if your opinion is different than mine you are wrong. Very open minded.

As Voltaire said, and a statement with which I agree:

"I do not agree with what you have to say. but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."