A GOP GOVERNOR WHO COULD RUN AGAINST BILLARY.......

Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin.....he is talking about abolishing the state income tax.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said that his administration is considering eliminating the state income tax; that is, if his administration can figure out a way to do it.

“There are many states that do very well, better than most states in the country, that have no income taxes,” told local reporters on Monday, according to WisPolitics.com. “That’s one thing for us to look at. Is that feasible? What would that mean in terms of an economic boost? That’s not only for individuals, but small businesses in this state.”
The mere mention of this has got to be driving the left batty in Wisconsin. I bet they wish they could recall him again !

The question that needs to be answered is where the money will come from if the state income tax is abolished. The money to run the state government has to come from somewhere and unless that amount needed is lowered, the burden simply shifts to state sales taxes and possible shifting of expenses such as education from the state level to the local level.
It's simple, Speed.... they'll get the money from the FEDS!

LMAO!
Sure he can run just like anyone else get the nomination..
  • CJ7
  • 12-18-2013, 04:11 PM
The question that needs to be answered is where the money will come from if the state income tax is abolished. The money to run the state government has to come from somewhere and unless that amount needed is lowered, the burden simply shifts to state sales taxes and possible shifting of expenses such as education from the state level to the local level. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
magic, where else ?

abra ka dabra .. Poof ! right before their eyes $20 billion lands in the state account.
Walker said he was CONSIDERING eliminating the state income tax, you tax and spend liberals...

I think he would make a fine candidate.

• Old-T
  • 12-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Of course you think he would make a fine candidate. Why worry about details--just say you are for eliminating some tax here or there and that's all some sheep need to hear.

He might want to see if the same dynamics that work in NV, FL, TX, etc would work in WI. I doubt they have the other income sources some other states have. But if he can do it in a sane way, why not.

Lets drop income tax and seriously raise taxes on firearms, alcohol, and air travel for starters. Really big hikes to replace the income tax. And tax churches along with other non-profits. major increases in farm taxes.

Curious how those kinds of things would go over.

Without explaining how the revenue would be made up--or specifically what would be cut--that is a hollow, meaningless statement.
Of course you think he would make a fine candidate. Why worry about details--just say you are for eliminating some tax here or there and that's all some sheep need to hear.

He might want to see if the same dynamics that work in NV, FL, TX, etc would work in WI. I doubt they have the other income sources some other states have. But if he can do it in a sane way, why not.

Lets drop income tax and seriously raise taxes on firearms, alcohol, and air travel for starters. Really big hikes to replace the income tax. And tax churches along with other non-profits. major increases in farm taxes.

Curious how those kinds of things would go over.

Without explaining how the revenue would be made up--or specifically what would be cut--that is a hollow, meaningless statement. Originally Posted by Old-T

CONSIDERING... can't you read?
  • WTF
  • 12-18-2013, 08:56 PM
CONSIDERING... can't you read? Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Maybe he will consider giving our resident Scarecrow, I mean COG a brain
  • Old-T
  • 12-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Oh, I can read quite well thank you.

He said he is considering eliminating the tax but gave no clue how to replace it and/or make the requisite cuts, and I said that until he does it is a very hollow consideration.

What part of that do YOU have trouble comprehending?
You people act like he's put no thought into this. Eliminating the income tax is a great idea. It will require planning. He wasn't just sitting around and thought "Hey! I think I will eliminate the income tax."

It's a good idea. If he's serious, I might consider voting for a major party candidate. But I doubt it.
Yeah, that would be a great strategy for the Republican candidate in '16. Replace a progressive tax with increases in regressive taxes. Mitt 2.0.
Well, I wish the Governor of Texas would consider eliminating the Texas Income Tax, if he could only figure out how to replace the revenues collected by the State from the Texas Income Tax.

You mean you all (in Texas) have been evading your Texas Income Taxes all these years?
Actually Perry DID sign into law an Income Tax....it was enacted in 2006 and is called a Franchise Fee.the rate is about 0.7% on net sales of a businesses.
  • Old-T
  • 12-19-2013, 08:53 AM
You people act like he's put no thought into this. Eliminating the income tax is a great idea. It will require planning. He wasn't just sitting around and thought "Hey! I think I will eliminate the income tax."

It's a good idea. If he's serious, I might consider voting for a major party candidate. But I doubt it. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I am not necessarily for or against income taxes, but if he has indeed done all this thinking, then share the logic that says it is viable, and why. Quit playing "I have a secret". If you haven't thought it through more than what he said, he shouldn't say it yet.

On a side note--did he have this as a major piece of his campaign? If so, I have no problem with him pushing the idea. But if this is the first time he is mentioning it, and somewhere claims "I have a mandate from the citizens of WI to do this", that is a foul. Again, I don't know whether he did or not.