super bowl eats

O.K. not much going on this weekend, weather sucks for fishing, dont like either team in the super bowl, so what is everyone fixing to eat for the big day? Me I bbq, all the time. tomorrows menu is St. louis cut ribs, drunken chickens, hog hindquarter, sausage, and veggies grilled on the pit as well, for appetizers, bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp with jalapenos, and shrimp in garlic butter, and plenty to drink,
I'm not cooking this year, just hanging out at a bar with friends but if you're doing bacon wrapped shrimp, I like to butterly the shrimp and fill it with a thin slice of onion, serrano pepper and fill the rest with cream cheese before bacon wrapping them. Another favorite of mine is the peppers a little smaller than poblano, can't remember the name so forgive me but I stuff them with chopped up shrimp, cream cheese, onion, serrano's and then bacon wrap them on the pit. If you like spicy food, after bacon wrapping the shrimp throw them in a louisiana hot sauce/butter mix right before throwing them on the pit. The butter takes some of the tang out but you can't soak it in the sauce or the bacon gets chewy and doesn't cook all the way.

When I was in the AF and in VA, we'd get soft shell crabs and either soak them in Frank's red hot sauce/butter mix and put them on the pit naked or deep fry them and put them in the sauce to make a buffalo crab sandwich with a little ranch like you get the chicken sandwiches at Hooters.
damn good idea on the hot sauce, love the spicy food, will try it tomorrow, It is finally raining, glad I have a roof over the pit,,,
Slow roasted pulled pork with homemade BBQ sauce, beer simmered sausage then grilled. Short ribs, Chinese style whole snapper and all the usual sides
is that this weekend?
I need to be where you are sounds so yummy!!
I'm not cooking this year, just hanging out at a bar with friends but if you're doing bacon wrapped shrimp, I like to butterly the shrimp and fill it with a thin slice of onion, serrano pepper and fill the rest with cream cheese before bacon wrapping them. Another favorite of mine is the peppers a little smaller than poblano, can't remember the name so forgive me but I stuff them with chopped up shrimp, cream cheese, onion, serrano's and then bacon wrap them on the pit. If you like spicy food, after bacon wrapping the shrimp throw them in a louisiana hot sauce/butter mix right before throwing them on the pit. The butter takes some of the tang out but you can't soak it in the sauce or the bacon gets chewy and doesn't cook all the way.

When I was in the AF and in VA, we'd get soft shell crabs and either soak them in Frank's red hot sauce/butter mix and put them on the pit naked or deep fry them and put them in the sauce to make a buffalo crab sandwich with a little ranch like you get the chicken sandwiches at Hooters. Originally Posted by sharkey

I think those peppers are call "Pasilla Peppers" smaller and thiner than poblanos. Or we can call them "Poblano Spinners"
I think those peppers are call "Pasilla Peppers" smaller and thiner than poblanos. Or we can call them "Poblano Spinners
I can see the look on the guys face at HEB,, "I am looking for the Poblano spinners"
Pablano spinners...love it UtrSkr!

Some great food on here.

For me...Chicken & andouille gumbo is on & crawfish etouffee will be on later.

Cmmere - original Cajun Cowboy!
Hot wings, of course! Shredded brisket, grilled onions, peppers, and tomatos, guacamole served like fajitas. Washed down with lots of cold beer and lots of cheering for the Giants!
I went to a friends place, we had brisket, pulled pork, ribs, sausage and hot wings. His wife made potato salad and I cooked a pot of beans.
It was all good until the Giants won.