What to do

I just sold 2 rental properties and made a pretty good size profit. I’ve never had this much money all at once. Any ideas or suggestions that’s not sexual related

Thanks
Add/start a firearms collection.
  • quzi
  • 02-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Park it in a money market fund until you figure it out. Personally, I'd park it in an S&P 500 index fund but I have higher financial risk tolerances than some. Can't recall off the top of my head but I think Schwab has an account where your plastic has no ATM fees and I believe no fees on foreign transactions. A buddy used his at a strip club ATM that charged $20 and he got that refunded.
I agree with quiz re: Money Market or a CD and then take time to find someone to advise you or to do some research. I like indexing also and would recommend you look at this, not as a recommendation for investing in that company, but as a approach to investing. Also, remember, the lower the risk, the less the return, in general. Also consider tax free municipals. Some are making good returns.

https://assetbuilder.com/who-are-we
First of all you better look at any tax liability
Sounds like it's too late for a 1031 exchange (I'm assuming you don't want another investment property with the proceeds); set aside the capital gains tax first and foremost, then park the remaining balance somewhere that generates some kind of dividend.

The more liquid the funds are the less you'll see it grow, but you'll have access to it when/if you need it.

I'm thinking an overnight tryst with your current ATF should be on your hobby radar; after that, have fun - I have no doubt you'll find plenty of ways to spend the money :-)
  • Loxly
  • 02-10-2019, 03:45 PM
AFLAC has been paying dividends for 25 years.
Thanks fellas, it’s a lot of good advise. I’m leaning towards a USAA conservative fund for the meantime. It’s not to late for a 1031 I’m stil looking around.
telco savings pays 3.5% on CDs

Safe and insured unlike stocks