Prostitute gets 21-year sentence for strangling elderly man

First I have heard of this case from Western New York. I thought the use of the quote "a permanent and gaping hole" was an interesting choice. I also wondered if the client was into erotic asphyxiation....

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/poli...icle220691.ece

Updated: October 15, 2010, 10:36 AM

A*******, a [staff edit by jymie: prohibited topic] and mentally troubled prostitute, wept this morning as a judge ordered her to spend the next 21 years in prison for strangling one of her elderly clients last January.

After tearfully telling members of ********* family that she was "deeply sorry," ******* put her hands to her face and wept loudly before court officers handcuffed her and took her from court.

Defense attorney ******* last month negotiated a plea to get her murder indictment reduced to a first-degree manslaughter charge and a commitment from State Supreme Court ********* to a prison term of no more than 22 years.

Prosecutor ******** told ****** that family members of the 72-year-old victim feel ******* has left "a permanent and gaping hole" in their lives.

***** told the judge that *******, 34, of B***** Boulevard, has twice attempted suicide at the Erie County Holding Center.

She also "takes full responsibility" for killing ****** in his Cornwall Avenue flat last Jan. 28, ******** told the judge.

********, who is bipolar and suffers from depression and schizophrenia, has a 15- to 20-year history as a [staff edit by jymie: prohibited topic]street prostitute, authorities said.

[staff edits by jymie, masking real names in article]
  • cnym
  • 10-15-2010, 04:39 PM
*******, who is bipolar and suffers from depression and schizophrenia, has a 15- to 20-year history as a (.....................) street prostitute, authorities said. Originally Posted by TommyD
Reading this story makes feel so sad.
A life was lost because she killed him.
Her life is also now lost !!

Where is the NY State social system that is supposed to help people with such ailments. They knew about her history for 15 to 20 years and no one helped her to get out of the situation that she is in. Is it because she is a (................) and a prostitute, so lets leave her to rot in the dark corners of society.
She suffers from depression and schizophrenia, more than likely could not hold a job. Got involved in (..................) and played tricks to feed her (..............) addiction.
Do we really think that her 21 year jail is going to help her, she might be able to get off the (...............), but will more than likely attempt to commit suicide again and again.
What a waste of life.

Very sad
Sorry, I would have just posted the link only if I had thought about all of the edits.