Curious me & gf are coming for jazz fest

Which areas would you recommend for airbnb?
Thanks Victoria
City Park, Mid-City, Bayou St. John, Marigny, French Quarter for proximity to Jazzfest and relative safety. There probably aren’t a ton of choices this late in the game but I’m sure you’ll find something. Good luck, have fun. If you’re a music fan, Jazzfest is the best time to be in New Orleans.
Thanks for the info I’ve been to jazz fest in my hometown MTL .New Orleans been a spot few gals reunited from different part of USA and me Canada to have fun for many years Yes I rode the bull in bourbon lol
Usually things are sold out but they are still hotels available and Airbnb .Contrary to Hang out fest in Alabama we are attending the following month
Victoria
I think my guest room is open......
I think my guest room is open...... Originally Posted by onguard
LOL
Take a look at some of the newer cool locations in this great city, like St. Claude and Freret. Bywater is completely cool now. 7th Ward can be iffy. Uptown further up than Napoleon is the most posh, but it lacks nightlife. Gentrification continues, despite pandemics and inflation. There are a lot of good options.
I always liked uptown best.
I must say I like them because I have had some great experiences in them, but I also acknowledge the downside associated with them, in how they affect the rental housing market, and specifically with Providers.

I know one Provider who invested a lot of her own money in her apartment, only to have the Landlord evict her so he could convert it to an AirBnB. Another Provider I follow on Twitter has expressed her disdain in them because of how it has affected her life. So, just a caution with discussing them in this Forum, and perhaps a suggestion that there are also nice hotels and established BnB's in the city.
I must say I like them because I have had some great experiences in them, but I also acknowledge the downside associated with them, in how they affect the rental housing market, and specifically with Providers.

I know one Provider who invested a lot of her own money in her apartment, only to have the Landlord evict her so he could convert it to an AirBnB. Another Provider I follow on Twitter has expressed her disdain in them because of how it has affected her life. So, just a caution with discussing them in this Forum, and perhaps a suggestion that there are also nice hotels and established BnB's in the city. Originally Posted by Pooyie!

I've always preferred condos or apartments vs hotels, but not necessarily for this business.My rates aren't high enough to justify the expense on either and not being single, would be hard to pull off. For vacations, have always gone with time shares tho.