Gift card instead of cash?

I saw an ad on Craigslist and got curious. She wanted a Walmart gift card instead of cash. This kind of got my hobby senses up and I opted out. Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a scam here and what it is. Or some kind of LE sting.

PS She only wanted $50 on the gift card too, also kind of concerning for me.

Maybe her baby needs pampers and she needs a form of payment that her pimp finds useless...

^^^^^What MILFY said

Maybe her baby needs pampers and she needs a form of payment that her pimp finds useless...

Originally Posted by milfy2002
Someone as entrepreneurial as a pimp will surely know there is good use to come from a Walmart giftcard.

With a balance as low as fiddy the juice may not be worth the squeeze. Pimps are notoriously lazy.

Im sure the rest of the hustle is you send the details of the card so they can verify before meeting...followed by silence while the account is emptied.
Not really related but a couple years ago the walmart card system was so poor that they could see the fraud happening in real time but were unable to stop it.
  • BLM69
  • 10-27-2016, 03:30 PM
I've done the Wal-Mart gift card for payment with a regular before and was burned so she thought, I left to my nearest Wal-Mart with my receipt and transferred the funds over to a new gift card,

This individual did have a pimp/bf as he had approved payment after he heard the balance beforehand, I'm sure a hard lesson was learned that day and maybe even more for her, I would of loved to see the look on their faces trying to pay at the checkout line LOL
I've done the Wal-Mart gift card for payment with a regular before and was burned so she thought, I left to my nearest Wal-Mart with my receipt and transferred the funds over to a new gift card,

This individual did have a pimp/bf as he had approved payment after he heard the balance beforehand, I'm sure a hard lesson was learned that day and maybe even more for her, I would of loved to see the look on their faces trying to pay at the checkout line LOL Originally Posted by BLM69

This is why legit providers always ask for the card AND the receipt.