What to do?

If you have a video of a local female celebrity in a compromising position? what do you do next? Sell it? If so how much?
If you have a video of a local female celebrity in a compromising position? what do you do next? Sell it? If so how much? Originally Posted by mlbaker

Honestly, no, you should not sell it. You could legitimately be bordering on blackmail/extortion charges and even if you did find someone to pay you for it she could always sue you for more money than the video was worth in the first place.

Of course now you have me curious...I'm guessing its related to a female news anchor? I mean, you might as well share with us, if ever there was a website full of people who can keep a secret this is it...lol!
share it with eccie gents
Member since 2010 and only 1 post...no reviews. Makes one wonder after reading this one and only post.
Fred has a point.
A lot of long time non-posting lurkers popping up lately.
Most civie boards have a time frame non-use expiration date built-in that deactivates unused accounts.

And the Big L has a point in that there's lawsuits and criminal charges filed every day over stuff like that.
Fred has a point.
A lot of long time non-posting lurkers popping up lately.
Most civie boards have a time frame non-use expiration date built-in that deactivates unused accounts.

And the Big L has a point in that there's lawsuits and criminal charges filed every day over stuff like that. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
The term "non-use" is interesting. Did he check in, and not say anything?

I just had a request for a password change, and I did it quickly. When I came back on the password I thought I was going to use didn't work. After two days I figured it out and got back on. But, it didn't seem that one could just get onto the site without registering and getting an account. I think we used to be able to view without checking in. This time, I was more concerned about getting the password right. I kept getting locked out.

So what is it now, can someone just get on the site and look without checking in?

JR
The term "non-use" is interesting. Did he check in, and not say anything? Originally Posted by JRLawrence
I assume your phrase "check in" means "log in". No one actually needs to log in, it's an openly viewable site.

So what is it now, can someone just get on the site and look without checking in?
JR Originally Posted by JRLawrence
It's always been that way.
Thus, lurkers abound.
Only need an account if you want to post or PM.

Anyway, the non-use phrase I used is admittedly weak in that logging in would reset a clock.
My intent was to go after zero postings and not being involved in the community.
If you have a video of a local female celebrity in a compromising position? what do you do next? Sell it? If so how much? Originally Posted by mlbaker
Legally, you probably could get away with it as long as it was taken in a public place with no expectation of privacy. Also a strong possibility of that person using their money and fame to make trouble for you. If it was something other than above, then you probably will not get away with it.

Morally, no you should not sell it.

Wormy fucks that do things like that should be dealt with harshly.
local female celebrity
Putting aside for now the probability that you're just a complete asshole, those three words just answered your next question about what it's worth:
JACK SHIT.
I believe the answer is to send it to me and I can let you know what to do. Unless you mean it is a Britt McHenry type rant and then you should post it everywhere.
Doing anything other than keeping it to yourself and never showing it to anyone or destroying the video would be a completely classless act. Is that who you are?
JR Originally Posted by JRLawrence
No way man, you can't just lurk...there is a hard and fast rule in place..guideline #115 I think.that it states that at least one post has to be made every decade/10years or the account will be declared inactive..

Hope this helps clear things up.