Avon Colorado

Going to be visiting for a few days in mid july. Anything fun to do that far out?
Going to be visiting for a few days in mid july. Anything fun to do that far out? Originally Posted by Ojmonroe
You are in the Eagle Valley ... TONS of stuff. Lots of hiking, mtn biking, even 14ers. You are close to Vail, Aspen, Glenwood Springs, Leadville. So hot springs, restaurants, museums ...

Looks like you are from sea-level, so make sure to acclimate at least 2-3 before trying anything heavily athletic, EVEN IF you are already in great shape! Drink LOTS of water (a lot more that you think you need due to very low humidity and altitude). And have fun.
You are in the Eagle Valley ... TONS of stuff. Lots of hiking, mtn biking, even 14ers. You are close to Vail, Aspen, Glenwood Springs, Leadville. So hot springs, restaurants, museums ...

Looks like you are from sea-level, so make sure to acclimate at least 2-3 before trying anything heavily athletic, EVEN IF you are already in great shape! Drink LOTS of water (a lot more that you think you need due to very low humidity and altitude). And have fun. Originally Posted by cotobygold
All great suggestions.

I always tell visitors to Colorado to drink water, drink water, drink water and when you're not thirsty, drink more water.

Don't forget sunscreen. At our elevations here, you can and will get sunburned very easily when outside.
While out adventuring, watch your speed on I 70
If you play golf, there are some very nice courses in the valley. Also white water rafting in the Colorado River.
There are plenty of really cool waterfalls that have a very short hike to get to them. They are pretty nice to adventure out to
Most definitely there’s a lot of fun here visit my site for places to have more fun then ever ��
Thanks babe