Memorial Day

Have a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend everybody!!!!!!!!!!
Also take a minute to remember what the holiday is really about.
Also take a minute to remember what the holiday is really about. Originally Posted by oldtiger
Formerly known as decoration day.

Please don't desecrate the graves of the men who died fighting the war against northern aggression with union flags.

To all of those who have served, currently serve - and especially in dedication to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice - thank you. Thank you for serving our country with such an unselfish love and unwavering pride. May we all remember exactly why we honor our service members on Memorial Day, and remind ourselves that while many of us are enjoying the long weekend and spending time with family and friends - these freedoms are not entitled to us. We have these liberties because of the sacrifices given day in and day out by our military. When you see a Veteran or a service member - stop to say thank you. Not just on Memorial Day - but every day.
  • Mokoa
  • 05-22-2015, 10:52 PM
Not hobby related.

Moved to the proper forum.

And also...

Also take a minute to remember what the holiday is really about. Originally Posted by oldtiger
Exactly...

like holiday pay if you work it? Thanks for the extra cash!

:thumbup :
To all of those who have served, currently serve - and especially in dedication to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice - thank you. Thank you for serving our country with such an unselfish love and unwavering pride. May we all remember exactly why we honor our service members on Memorial Day, and remind ourselves that while many of us are enjoying the long weekend and spending time with family and friends - these freedoms are not entitled to us. We have these liberties because of the sacrifices given day in and day out by our military. When you see a Veteran or a service member - stop to say thank you. Not just on Memorial Day - but every day. Originally Posted by MilkMaid
This veteran thanks you for realizing what this holiday is all about. Salute !
We owe so much to so few!!

Thanks to all our brave men and women in uniform!!

Happy Memorial Day!!!!
To all of those who have served, currently serve - and especially in dedication to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice - thank you. Thank you for serving our country with such an unselfish love and unwavering pride. May we all remember exactly why we honor our service members on Memorial Day, and remind ourselves that while many of us are enjoying the long weekend and spending time with family and friends - these freedoms are not entitled to us. We have these liberties because of the sacrifices given day in and day out by our military. When you see a Veteran or a service member - stop to say thank you. Not just on Memorial Day - but every day. Originally Posted by MilkMaid
You're welcome, and thanks for remembering. Now go have beers and raise a glass to our fallen brothers!

And buy a Vet one too. They should make a buy a vet a beer day!
Not many things are as humbling as looking at a National Cemetery. Men and women have lost it all in the name of duty and honor and, as they are laid to the ground, once again they are wearing the uniform of that white tombstone, reminding us all, that even in death, that brave soul is the part of the collective soul of what makes this country great: that so many serve unselfishly, even till death.

May all of you have a peaceful Memorial Day, and please remember the family and loved ones who were left behind. They too are heroes.

Camille
Way to kill the thread, Camille. Who can top that?
Thanks, Camille for such an excellent expression of feeling and honor for our beloved fallen.
Love it!! As I'm prior service I would like to thank everyone who has and is still serving!! 50 OFF my fs on Monday!! Thank you again you guys!
Not many things are as humbling as looking at a National Cemetery. Men and women have lost it all in the name of duty and honor and, as they are laid to the ground, once again they are wearing the uniform of that white tombstone, reminding us all, that even in death, that brave soul is the part of the collective soul of what makes this country great: that so many serve unselfishly, even till death.

May all of you have a peaceful Memorial Day, and please remember the family and loved ones who were left behind. They too are heroes.

Camille Originally Posted by Camille Fox
Way to kill the thread, Camille. Who can top that? Originally Posted by inspector farquar
Love it!! As I'm prior service I would like to thank everyone who has and is still serving!! 50 OFF my fs on Monday!! Thank you again you guys! Originally Posted by Quinci
Thank you for your service Quinci, and Camille- for those of you who didn't know, Camille is Prior service too. Glad we're all on this side of the fight, and glasses up to those who aren't, past and present. I luckily, or unluckily, lost very few brethren. Here's to them.

Yeah Camille!!! Your are truly a lovely lady!!