What is this site worth?

Somehow or another, I found a real interesting link that supposedly tells what a website is worth. I really don't know how accurate this is, or what the criteria is for getting the worth of a site, but it was interesting.

http://www.worthofweb.com

Today I did a search on several hobby sites and came up with this. Maybe these figures will shift during the week, day, or month, but I really don't know.

eccie net = $625,317
eros-houston = $14,967
p411 = $324,781
ymwv.net = $144
eraps.net =$3903
tube8.com = $147.62 million

Here is a search on other sites, taken from random.

Facebook = $7 billion
Youtube = $4.6 billion
chevrolet = $2.76 million
ford = $10.85 million
corvetteforums = $1.24 million
chron.com = $15.0 million
nfl.com = $20.55 million
twitter.com = $2.05 billion

I can't help but wonder why the giant gap between chevrolet and ford websites.
What anything is worth is what someone is willing to pay for it. There are no magic formulas
$144 bucks!?! Something Tells me WayWard would take a couple of lap dances and a burger & fries from CinderTasha for YMWV.......

Talk about inflated value........

JaD
mmmmmmmm Taco Bell
$144 for YMWV? That's a steal at half the price...

eccie net = $625,317
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
That doesn't even begin to cover the mod's salaries!
Somehow or another, I found a real interesting link that supposedly tells what a website is worth. I really don't know how accurate this is, or what the criteria is for getting the worth of a site, but it was interesting.

http://www.worthofweb.com

Today I did a search on several hobby sites and came up with this. Maybe these figures will shift during the week, day, or month, but I really don't know.

eccie net = $625,317
eros-houston = $14,967
p411 = $324,781
ymwv.net = $144
eraps.net =$3903
tube8.com = $147.62 million

Here is a search on other sites, taken from random.

Facebook = $7 billion
Youtube = $4.6 billion
chevrolet = $2.76 million
ford = $10.85 million
corvetteforums = $1.24 million
chron.com = $15.0 million
nfl.com = $20.55 million
twitter.com = $2.05 billion

I can't help but wonder why the giant gap between chevrolet and ford websites. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN

Simple.. Ford's outsell Chevy and Ford NEVER took a loan from the Government for a bailout.
This calculator can't be right. It says BP is worth $30,261,264!
Thanks for posting the link to that interesting site, John.

However, those numbers must certainly be only SWAG numbers, but I would expect Ford's site to be worth more than Chevorlet.

Face book lost several billion dollars on the first day of its IPO fiasco.

. . . This must all just be vapor money!

it says my website, www.luxurydaphne.com is worth $117 dollars. take that Padre.
BP charges $12 for one simple post. One that goes to the bottom of the list after a few hours lol. I believe thats accurate. I'm a cheap poster and spend an average of $30 per day. And thats an average. $30 for 30 days lol. And some girls are multi posters and post those expensive side column ads lol. BP makes to damn much money!!!
Rather than what this site is worth...as previously said, only what a qualified buyer would pay.

I think the more interesting fact would be, what is the site's monthly or yearly cash flow.

Between membership fees, advertising dollars, and free Mods (which I would guess do 90% of the work, a brillant sales pitch by St Chris) and the creation of the Spiderhole (to place most of the shit stirrers out of the Mods' hair, but maintain their membership fees)...I would imagine it's a good investment

BTW....not expecting Mgmt to reply to what cash flow is, of course NOB,,,,,but it would be interesting to take an educated guess, lol
Those fools - the ones that bought the co-op paid $2500.00 for my site....They also paid for all the assets, and projected revenue.......Everything is percieved value.
Between membership fees, advertising dollars, and free Mods (which I would guess do 90% of the work, a brillant sales pitch by St Chris) and the creation of the Spiderhole (to place most of the shit stirrers out of the Mods' hair, but maintain their membership fees)...I would imagine it's a good investment Originally Posted by vkmaster
Ahhh....the Spider Hole.....now, if only I could have access to that....we could have some REAL fun.
All you have to do is ask me for access in PM.......but, you already knew that.