Get a burner or is there an app for that

For reasons beyond my control my texting for the hobby has been compromised. It's probably due to ADD and or my stupidity.

Do I get a burner phone? Is there an app that won't register? I just decided NO MORE BP, and now this.
  • BLM69
  • 07-28-2017, 07:24 AM
Google Voice
Google Voice Originally Posted by BLM69
So I can text from there?
Will it look like a "Blocked Call" on the providers end?
LMGTFY
There's an app called Burner (oddly enough). It allows you to create and burn phone numbers. I pay $5 a month for unlimited texting/talking and I can block numbers or burn my number at any given moment. None of my SBs knows my personal number.
I like to use the TextPlus app. You get unlimited text messages. You do have to buy minutes to actually make Phone calls but a good $5 worth of minutes is good enough.

I've been happy with it. Also you can select any area code you desire.
I prefer a burner phone, as it can be easily tossed and easily replaced. Just pull the SIM card and put it in another phone. Clear the history and stash the SIM between uses. So, if the burner is found, it cannot be used to make callbacks. No app to hide or delete, if security is compromised. No need to worry about if you closed the app, when SO picks up your phone. No data to be recovered. No traceable machine code. Total separation from your regular device. The only traceable data is location recorded while it is on, which may correspond with your other devices.
If you go with a burner, make sure you throw away the receipt in a secure place....
Hushed, Sideline, the appetly named "Burner".
TextNow allows you to make free calls and texts. Totally unlimited. Be sure to be aware of your data plan though if you have one. If you have limited data I recommend using the app on wifi. I've never had an issue with it
TextNow allows you to make free calls and texts. Totally unlimited. Be sure to be aware of your data plan though if you have one. If you have limited data I recommend using the app on wifi. I've never had an issue with it Originally Posted by sweet.treat69
Left here and went all kinds of change o_O

Welcome back.

Google Voice will link to all your RW stuff, sideline is more discreet.

And pay cash for the burner and the card with minutes.

If you go with a burner, make sure you throw away the receipt in a secure place.... Originally Posted by Son of W. Axl
Use a different google account for GV

Google Voice will link to all your RW stuff, sideline is more discreet.

Originally Posted by milfy2002
Google voice and sideline are great.