Food Stamps

I assume there is a good bit of taxes paid by my fellow patrons on this site. I assume there is not a lot of reported income by our providers, at least not from this hobby. I'm not judging that.

But, does anyone have an opinion on a young capable woman (no kids) getting $200 a month in food stamps while she's renting her ass for over $100 an hour? I'll judge that, and judge it bullshit.

I'd like it stopped.
in

hehehe this could be pure SHMB gold
I agree with you on that. No kids and she earns plenty to support a single young woman, even if times are slow. $200/month doesn't go far these days, but...
If you think that's appalling, feel free to visit the "Welfare Recipient" homes on Christmas Morning. My father, whom was a founding member of our local Optimist Club, would deliver food baskets on Holidays. He will be happy to tell you all of the First Class Gadgetry, and other expensive gifts Tax Dollars pay for while the Drug Money, or other such income goes unclaimed.
If this is your first eye opener at the corruption of our Welfare System, then open your eyes a little wider. It will make your head explode.
Unfortunately short of reporting this woman to local social services, there's not much else that can be done, and in the Grand Scheme of things, what she is doing is only a snowflake on the iceberg.
I assume there is a good bit of taxes paid by my fellow patrons on this site. I assume there is not a lot of reported income by our providers, at least not from this hobby. I'm not judging that.

But, does anyone have an opinion on a young capable woman (no kids) getting $200 a month in food stamps while she's renting her ass for over $100 an hour? I'll judge that, and judge it bullshit.

I'd like it stopped. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap

The system is flawed. There is no way to track people who get paid under the table. You can't stop it.

It's not any of my business. Me getting upset and up in arms won't reduce or eliminate her getting food stamps. Have to just go about my day.
This thread will be like a fucktard trying to figure out hobby economics.
If social services were to raid a mp, it would be like winning the lottery !
Originally Posted by JONBALLS
Originally Posted by jokacz
sure...... spoiler...

If you feel that strongly about it , you should report her to the police or social services. Maybe you could have a discussion with her and explain to her how she's hurting society and , thus, herself. More than likely you want someone else to do the dirty work for you.
While not completely related to the original post they are trying to crack down on welfare cheats in Central NY

http://mobile.syracuse.com/advsyra/d...tguid=ID61ztv1
Unfortunately, greedy people, regardless of economic status, will find a way to enrich themselves at our expense. Remember the "Hummer deduction"?
How about Medicare?! That's riddled with corruption.
It is a tall order, but I am for going after abuses of our welfare system for the poor, for corporations, and for the rich.