eating out????????????

Ok I have had discussions with several providers on this topic and thought it would be interesting to get different opinions.......
Hobbyist---if you have a dinner date with a provider,where is your FAVE place{s} to take her???
Providers--if you have a hobbyist who wants a dinner date,where do you suggest he take you???

I am a "laid back kinda girl" who enjoys dinner dates at the unusual kinda places....Hooters/Chilis/Texas Roadhouse/Olive garden/Voodoo BbQ/etc....
BUT I NEVER WANT TO REPEAT MY DINNER DATE TO A TACO SHACK!!!{lol}.....this was in Albuquerque and the guy was very rich..he said that the taco shack was his FAVE place.....{then he had me SHARE his meal with him}!!! Ugghhhh can you say "no class cheap ass} {lol}

got any interesting sories to share????
Ok I have had discussions with several providers on this topic and thought it would be interesting to get different opinions.......
Hobbyist---if you have a dinner date with a provider,where is your FAVE place{s} to take her??? Originally Posted by DallasRain
The one provider who graced me with her dinner companionship when she came to Memphis wanted barbecue, and I do have a perfect little place for that: The Bar-B-Q Shop on Madison, my favorite BBQ joint, which has been named by the Memphis Flyer's panel of judges as having both the best ribs and the best BBQ sandwich in Memphis.

[Cue sonoman, beetle, or Babee to pipe in at this point to tell me that the Flyer and I are both full of shit, and that <insert his/her favorite BBQ joint> is the best in Memphis. That's what we Memphians do when we're bored here in the Bluff City. Pretty much everyone has his/her favorite place, and each of us is very passionate about it.]

Gawd help me if I ever arrange a date-with-dinner with a provider who wants something fancier in Memphis than BBQ. I'd be totally hosed trying to come up with something. (Shows you how much I get out and about around here.)

When I saw Tess in Jackson earlier this month, we were both starving after our vigorous playtime, so I invested in a little extra money to continue the date and we went to dinner at Julep, a very nice little restaurant there in Jax. Ordinarily I'm not a grits kind of guy, but the shrimp and cheese grits were definitely to die for. That and the crawfish spring rolls for appetizer. With luck, I'll get back there again soon. And if I'm luckier, it'll be with Tess again.

Cheers,

bcg
I have a list of favorites here and on the coast, but I'm usually flexible and give my date the choice. Personally, I tend to shy away from chain restaurants (never been to Hooters and have no desire to go - look but don't touch the ta-tas!! that's not fair!).
Generally, I prefer local places, the food is usually better as is the service and atmosphere. I may make an exception for a chain that is local (locations in only 3-4 areas... does that really constitute a chain?), a smallish chain that has particularly good food (I do like Bonefish Grill), or a chain that has a specific dish that I like. The last one is rare, since I don't frequent chains.
Seafood is my favorite, so the Coast is a true cornucopia for me. In the Jackson area, some of my favs are: AJ's Seafood Grille (nicer place - great seafood, pasta and steak); Good Time Deli (great poboys); Keifer's, Aladdins (Greek), Thai House; Rucchi Indian; Olgas, Tico's and El Dorado (all great steak), Little Tokyo (sushi), Char, Shapley's, Schimmels, Walker's ("fine dining"[for Jackson] but yum), Bravos, Fratesi's (Italian), Broad Street (sandwiches, pasta, quiche, other), Julep (southern food with a twist), One Sum Chinese, La Cazuela. I could go on and on, but you get the picture. (Can you tell I'm a bit of a foodie?) If anyone needs any suggestions in this area, I'll be happy to recommend something, even if you aren't seeing me.
When I travel, I like to ferret out the local places. I enjoy the adventure. Occasionally I'm disappointed, but not as much as if I had went for a chain place.
I do have a few battle stories about dates that involved meals, but they weren't biz dates. That might make it worse. A guy asking you out then either going dutch or sticking you with the whole check is just wrong.
Generally, I prefer local places, the food is usually better as is the service and atmosphere. I may make an exception for a chain that is local (locations in only 3-4 areas... does that really constitute a chain?)... Originally Posted by JxnBiLady
Yes. A "regional chain" if those outlets are around several cities (e.g., Bosco's, which has 2 restaurants in the Nashvegas area (Nashville and Franklin) and one each in Memphis and Little Rock). Or maybe a local one. Like Huey's here; 7 locations, but all in the Memphis Metro area.

Cheers,

bcg
Well, the first thing that came to my mind was that I'm not likely to go out to eat with a beautiful lady in my home town, so that means I'm only going to take a lady to dinner when I'm traveling. But, I had a lot of opportunity when I was working in DC and had a great time introducing a couple ladies to really good Chinese food - they were visiting from parts of the country where he cuisine was somewhat limited. But, I'm a beer snob, so I really like going to local places that serve GOOD beer and decent food, which usually means pubs. I love pub food, and I've found that ladies can usually find some decent food in a pub - not fancy, but good.

All that said, I've got to write down what BCG said about BBQ joints. I love good ribs as much as I love good beer. Dreamland is a favorite place for me in Tuscaloosa, as is Rickey's in Bay St. Louis on Thursdays, and Luckies in Waldorf, MD. But Memphis is closer than Luckies, so I NEED to get there. And, then there's Little Tokyo in Jackson. I lived there when they opened, and I didn't have much hope for their success in Jackson. Thankfully, there appear to be a lot more people in Jackson who understand that sushi is more than bait than I thought. Wonderful place.

Enough...now I'm hungry!
All that said, I've got to write down what BCG said about BBQ joints. I love good ribs as much as I love good beer. Originally Posted by JustaGuyinMS
The Bar-B-Q Shop
1782 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104

That's really all you need to write down as far as I'm concerned. I would be interested in hearing a few of the suggestions of the other Memphians who hang out here, though. I am a bit prejudiced in the matter (though I'd argue that my prejudice here is very well informed ).

If you're here on a Sunday (when The Bar-B-Q Shop is closed):

Central BBQ
2249 Central Avenue
Memphis, TN

is a satisfactory alternative. I mildly prefer the Bar-B-Q Shop, but you won't go wrong with Central, either.

Cheers,

bcg
The best BBQ place...OUTSIDE OF GOOD YUMMMY TEXAS BBQ---- is THE SHED in Ocean Springs{who wants to take me...lol}
Dallas! You take that back! There is NO BBQ outside of Memphis.

There is a place in Madison, MS I ordered to go from last time I was in Jax, can't remember the name but I will next time I am there, their fried eggplant appetizer - OMFG!

I like the local spots myself. But I'm one of those people into everything from beach shack to 4 star. One of my fav places in Mphs is a gas station! lol! But their smothered pork chops...hmm hmm hmm - even my mama can't make them that good (You tell her that and I will deny deny deny)
One of my fav places in Mphs is a gas station! lol! But their smothered pork chops...hmm hmm hmm - even my mama can't make them that good (You tell her that and I will deny deny deny) Originally Posted by babee
The place on Madison that used to be Petra (Fuel Cafe, according to the Flyer's restaurant listings)? If so, I'll have to clear my busy schedule and try that one; it's been on the radar but I've never had reason to get there.

Cheers,

bcg
i beautiful provider with a naughty mind starts a thread "eating out" and all anyone talks about is restraunts and bbq. a may be a perv but i gotta say it the one spot i always wanted to eat was right between Dallas beautiful thighs. if that makes me a bad guy so be it.
The best BBQ place...OUTSIDE OF GOOD YUMMMY TEXAS BBQ Originally Posted by DallasRain
Oh Lawdy... here we go with the "Texas vs. Memphis" BBQ flamewars.

(I've never seemed to meet a native Texan who wasn't a BBQ chauvinist. Must be something in the water (or maybe the BBQ sauce?).)

I suppose my prejudices evolved from the fact that, near as I can tell, proto-Memphis BBQ migrated up the Mississippi, then took a hard left turn to head west up the Missouri River and set down roots in Kansas City, where it became KC BBQ* (as far as I can tell, except for the peculiar emphasis on "pork steak"--which is pretty much a St. Louis specialty AFAIK--the difference between St. Louis BBQ and KC BBQ is as close to zero as makes no difference). So Memphis BBQ is very, very close to what I grew up with, and of course whatever we grew up with is all that is right and proper in the world, by definition.

---- is THE SHED in Ocean Springs{who wants to take me...lol} Originally Posted by DallasRain
Well, if my travels ever take me somewhere near there (and I've had inchoate plans to wander in that direction for some time), you can probably entice me to treat you.

Cheers,

bcg

* It is still on bcg's bucket list to hie his ass to Arthur Bryant's and Gates and Sons (both in KC), one of which (it differs depending on who you talk to) is reputed to be the best barbecue in this galaxy, if not the entire universe, and settle that question once and for all.
i beautiful provider with a naughty mind starts a thread "eating out" and all anyone talks about is restraunts and bbq. a may be a perv but i gotta say it the one spot i always wanted to eat was right between Dallas beautiful thighs. if that makes me a bad guy so be it. Originally Posted by petiteassman
It doesn't make you bad, but man cannot live on pussy alone.

If Jesus didn't say that, he should have.

Cheers,

bcg
damn Petite babe...you are my kinda perv....lol!!!

BCG---I guess it is the bbq sauce...we texans are serious about our bbq sauce!!!
{pair that with my good ole homemade southern potatoe salad...the BEST anywhere in the south!!}

babee whats the name of that station??? i won't tell your momma!! lol!!!
I will be in memphis soon!

{I love love love love the fried chicken at GUS'S ....across from the mall....so yummmmm none beats it!!!}

In fact I have a fun memphis cafe story----

I went with a date to Corky's BBQ....when the waiter brought out my dates plate of ribs...the ribs slid off the plate & landed in his lap!! {it made for one helluva tasty blowjob later...lol}
You Memphis and Texas folks have me wanting BBQ! For all the BBQ places around here, I'm not really crazy about any of them. There is a place in the hood that has good BBQ, they have chicken wings that must come from the area around Chernobyl - almost size of turkey wing. They deep fry them then dip in BBQ sauce.

I love good gas station tater logs, fried chicken & fried livers... yum!
We have a few bars with good food around here too. Hal & Mals has great, well, just about everything. Fenian's is irish pub, yum also. The landmark bar is the Cherokee... good blue plates, onion rings.

I'm not a big beer drinker - it bothers my tummy. That is my drawback with bars that don't serve wine or liquor. I'm generally a wino when I drink, but like mixed drinks.

Ooh I'm hungry now. Wish I had someone to take me out on the town tonight.

Happy eating!
I agree with Petite... I had the same thought when I first saw the title of post!