Humana drops out of Obamacare

Humana is leaving the insurance pool.......because they are losing money !

Well, if you start paying for a lot of sick people's health care, and don't get enough in premiums to offset that......you lose.

But isn't that what Obamacare is supposed to do ? Give everybody access to health care ?

However the democratic approach - take money from some, give to others - is a noble idea - but it never works.

Meantime, crooked doctors continue to fill their pockets with insurance money. Why not make everything so expensive, so that you need insurance if you ever need it. Insurance for groceries, insurance for electricity.
Obama care was designed to fail.
What happened to the part of the law that was supposed to make the InsureCo whole?

Oh....that's right. It was only supposed to protect them from losing money.....not against not making enough profit.

Fuckin' government
  • Trey
  • 02-17-2017, 01:41 AM
They dropped out cus they were not allowed to merge with another company. They threatened to do this a while ago.
Every human being is entitled to health care. There had to be a solution because people were using emergency rooms as their doctors. We, in America cannot turn anyone away from a hospital period, irregardless of whether they can pay or not. We have more compassion for dogs than humans. There had to be a solution because hospitals were strapped with medical bills people had no intention of paying. I will pay more in taxes if people get health care. The problem is greed. A fucking ensure in the hospital cost 200 dollars, exaggeration, so people can make a lot of money, take care of their family and for us have the funds to buy pussy. I care more about people than I do paying 200 an hour to buy sex. Healthcare for everyone should be a basic right and Obama tried, but the beauracracy and greed behind all things kills good intentions.
^^^^ rambling gets you nowhere
There is no solution because hospitals and doctors will suck every last dollar out of you.

Why ? Because insurance creates a bottomless pit of money for them.
  • pxmcc
  • 02-17-2017, 08:02 AM
Obamacare was a good start. The U.S. healthcare system is a joke. Hospitals and Big Pharma play like we're partying like it's 1999.

Single payer is better. But there's another option I wrote a 10,000 word essay for a (JD) Health Policy and Law class I took modeled on the public school system. Basic idea in Harris co as an example: HCHD-you get 50 million a year to provide heathcare to...anyone who lives in Harris Co. That's how the public school system works. Same should apply to heathcare.

Anyone wanna upgrade? Great, buy your own policy (i.e., send your kid to a private school.) Simple. Easy to implement. Changes the perverse incentives of current system.
Every human being is entitled to health care.Healthcare for everyone should be a basic right. Originally Posted by shinepro
Why?

Being a US citizen ensures you the right to be healthy?

Should everyone be entitled to a car or a house too?

If you need or want something go out and earn money and then buy it.
There is a lot to be said for people that take care of themselves, and make remaining healthy an objective.

On the other hand, if you are sick, you can't work. If you have ever been there, and have little money, you will know that is not a good place to be.
Irregardless huh? How about just regardless. Everyone is entitled to health care, but not for free. Thus, it's not a basic right, everything in life is earned.

Every human being is entitled to health care. There had to be a solution because people were using emergency rooms as their doctors. We, in America cannot turn anyone away from a hospital period, irregardless of whether they can pay or not. We have more compassion for dogs than humans. There had to be a solution because hospitals were strapped with medical bills people had no intention of paying. I will pay more in taxes if people get health care. The problem is greed. A fucking ensure in the hospital cost 200 dollars, exaggeration, so people can make a lot of money, take care of their family and for us have the funds to buy pussy. I care more about people than I do paying 200 an hour to buy sex. Healthcare for everyone should be a basic right and Obama tried, but the beauracracy and greed behind all things kills good intentions. Originally Posted by shinepro
The solution is easy.
Insurance companies should be allowed to sue the polluting corporations for all the pollution related illnesses (cancer, asthma, etc) and medical services provided for those illnesses should be free, the doctors should be paid by a common fund from all the suits against those companies -asbestos, oil industry, etc-.

The rest, is on you and your lifestyle, and you pay for that shit out of your pocket. Are you fat? fuck you, you pay for your hearth surgery; diabetes?, fuck you, you knew better than to eat all that food from all those commercials, you pay for that; lung cancer from smoking tobacco?, fuck you, you pay for that also.

India has 1.3 billion people and they didn't go trough the industrial revolution 'miracle' (more like 'curse') and yet many more people die of cancer in USA (with 'only' 300 million, 1/4 of population).

- dos equis voice -
Cheers, stay healthy my friends.
Every human being is entitled to health care. There had to be a solution because people were using emergency rooms as their doctors. We, in America cannot turn anyone away from a hospital period, irregardless of whether they can pay or not. We have more compassion for dogs than humans. There had to be a solution because hospitals were strapped with medical bills people had no intention of paying. I will pay more in taxes if people get health care. The problem is greed. A fucking ensure in the hospital cost 200 dollars, exaggeration, so people can make a lot of money, take care of their family and for us have the funds to buy pussy. I care more about people than I do paying 200 an hour to buy sex. Healthcare for everyone should be a basic right and Obama tried, but the beauracracy and greed behind all things kills good intentions. Originally Posted by shinepro
Those bastards on Obamacare are still using the ER as a doctors office. I pay a fucking high premium for healthcare at my job, and when i have an emergency i still cant go to the hospital because its packed, so i have to pony up additional money and go the the private urgent care. Obamacare was a total clusterfuck.
Perhaps time to paraphrase Bob Dylan

"Life is not black and white, only shades of grey."
If you need or want something go out and earn money and then buy it. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
Thus, it's not a basic right, everything in life is earned. Originally Posted by Powerdrive
So just get rid of insurance entirely. Everyone pays for their own healthcare bills when they get sick. Right? What role does insurance play in your way of thinking?