SSL?

Just wondering if there are any plans to encrypt the website with a valid SSL certificate? I often wonder how much of the traffic on this site that is sent in plain text is sniffed by other people including possible LE?

I know that using SSL increases the CPU load and so there might be additional costs involved.

Just curious.
Its a public forum, anyone with 250 bucks can "sniff" the site.
Its a public forum, anyone with 250 bucks can "sniff" the site. Originally Posted by Gotyour6
Not PMs though so SSL would help there

It would also prevent password sniffing
Not PMs though so SSL would help there

It would also prevent password sniffing Originally Posted by fishboy
Correct. These are two issues that would be helped by encrypting the traffic.
I had searched forum archives about this issue a few weeks ago and they all end in a bottomless pit. I'm not sure who would need to actually step up and get the ball rolling
I know its not kosher to bump threads, but that's what I'm doing here. SSL certs are dirt cheap and the information on this board really should be private and encrypted.
The only real benefit to using SSL that anyone really should care about is that it would keep Google, et. al., from indexing the site. And the admins could take care of that with a simple robots.txt file.
Everything else is just a bit of paranoia.
All above true.

But keeping the robot compilers off the site would greatly reduce site visibility on the many search engines out there.

So, how would newbs find there way here in the first place?

Those of us here need to remember there are all sorts of risks in the hobby.

Both for gents and for ladies.

Damn few gents here have the balls to post any self-information or photos that might link to their RW identity.

BRAVO!
to all the ladies who accept the risks inherent in the hobby and who post RW photos of their faces, bodies, etc.

imho, the hobby "partnership" places way more risks onto the ladies than on the gents.