Since no one has done it...James Webb makes it official!

The former senator has taken the plunge into the shark infested waters of presidential politics by announcing that he is running for president. According to some he is maybe the best candidate the democrats have seen the past 20 years but as a democratic analyst said today on FOX news; Webb is out of synch with the modern democratic party. He is pro-gun, pro-defense, pro-cop, and thinks that we should just get over the Confederate flag. Too bad. There are many GOP candidates that I would vote for Webb over them. I've been saying this for 30 years, why don't the democrats ever offer up good candidates?

He is a old school democrat... they are extremely rare these days.
He is a old school democrat... they are extremely rare these days. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Webb is a lot like one of the Congressmen in an adjacent east Housto Congressional District, Gene Green. He keeps that "D" behind his name because East Houston is a low income white enclave that is historically Democrat. But in reality, he is more conservative than 75% of Republicans.

But, that "D" allows such ingrates as Nancy Peloci to be Speaker of the House.

So, fuck him.
.....why don't the democrats ever offer up good candidates?.... Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
"The base" .... It began with George McGovern.

I'm not talking about the Black and Hispanic voters. They are icing.
"The base" .... It began with George McGovern. Originally Posted by LexusLover
This was brought to you by the same Idiot who also feels that the last two, good Democratic candidates, were Strom Thurmond and George Wallace.
Ignore him. He's my sister's kid that we keep in the basement. We hose him off when he wets himself.
Ignore him. He's my sister's kid that we keep in the basement. We hose him off when he wets himself. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I did not know that LLIdiot was your "sister's kid."

Let's see, the Patriarch of the Idiot Klan is the son of the heir apparent's sister.

Only in Idiotville!

The you have it folks, the Idiot Klan is a bunch of in-breds!
Ignore him. He's my sister's kid that we keep in the basement. We hose him off when he wets himself. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Your water bill must be high.
Your water bill must be high. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Turdy, the Idiot Turdfly flaps his wings but (as usual) no one is paying attention.

The former senator has taken the plunge into the shark infested waters of presidential politics by announcing that he is running for president. According to some he is maybe the best candidate the democrats have seen the past 20 years but as a democratic analyst said today on FOX news; Webb is out of synch with the modern democratic party. He is pro-gun, pro-defense, pro-cop, and thinks that we should just get over the Confederate flag. Too bad. There are many GOP candidates that I would vote for Webb over them. I've been saying this for 30 years, why don't the democrats ever offer up good candidates?

Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Hahaha, I would probably vote for him. I've been waiting twenty years for a Democratic candidate that's worth voting for.

Jim
Hahaha, I would probably vote for him. I've been waiting twenty years for a Democratic candidate that's worth voting for. Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Perhaps he can have a discussion with Hillarious at the appropriate moment "on the air" about the techniques of dodging sniper fire on tarmacs.
Ignore him. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I do, and it saves download time! It's a short list, so ....

.............................. .. "he" is right up there at the top.
Your water bill must be high. Originally Posted by gnadfly

Well, it's not California.
I've been saying this for 30 years, why don't the democrats ever offer up good candidates? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Two of the last three presidents have been Democrats. It was almost three straight, but for fucked up ballots in Florida. The Democratic candidates actually DID win the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 presidential elections.

So, apparently they have been offering up good candidates. The GOP has NOT.

Just because you don't don't like them - or I don't like them - that doesn't mean they were bad candidates.

You seem to think you should be allowed to pick the Democrats candidates for them. Why?

You sound just as dumb as Democrats do when they talk about "good" Republicans - like Lincoln Chafee - that are always RINOs that go along with the liberal agenda.
Two of the last three presidents have been Democrats. It was almost three straight, but for fucked up ballots in Florida. The Democratic candidates actually DID win the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 presidential elections.

So, apparently they have been offering up good candidates. The GOP has NOT.

Just because you don't don't like them - or I don't like them - that doesn't mean they were bad candidates.

You seem to think you should be allowed to pick the Democrats candidates for them. Why?

You sound just as dumb as Democrats do when they talk about "good" Republicans - like Lincoln Chafee - that are always RINOs that go along with the liberal agenda. Originally Posted by ExNYer
You have common sense. He does not. He would walk off the end of a cliff if it meant he was following the party line. You're also pragmatic. A quality he is sorely lacking.