Signs of a stroke.......I will never forget after today

Today I spent a good 7-8 hrs in the ER today I am very tired so this will be short..

I suggest everyone learn the signs of a stroke and know what to do and act fast.....Why am I posting this here well.... because while with a long time client this afternoon he was acting funny....stuttering..confused. ..unable to speak at times...this kept happening in lapses the 3rd time it happened I asked him to smile and he could not (I remembered that was one of the signs) so I pretty much threw him in the car and flew to the ER...... Long story short I learned today that acting fast may have saved a life......
Princess,

Great job girl and nice post! My mother had a stroke many years ago in the middle of writing a grocery list. She got to the end of the list and the last few items were nothing but scribble. My mother laid down to rest and my father suggested that they goto the hospital. She walked into the emergency room and left in a wheel chair. Unfortunately, the stroke was more massive than they expected and she lost the use of her right side.

Vikki, you are obsolutely right! Your alertness and sense of urgency saved his life or possible injuries. Awesome job!
Ive recently had a similar experience. 1) Did you give him the stroke -- I generally only last about 10-15 - and 2) Did you charge extra for the experience?
GOOD FOR YOU VIKKI!!! way to go girl. i think what you did was amazing not only in saving his life but in also staying there with him. that really should show others that we arent just clients to you girls. That speaks volumes to your character vikki. again i give you much respect and kudos for your quick and thoughtful actions
Great job Vikki! I am glad that you were able to spot the signs an get him to the ER fast! I hope that you are ok after going through that as well. It can be a very scary thing.
Wow Vikki! Kudos to you for your actions and quick thinking. I hope the gentleman gets well soon.
  • yeesh
  • 10-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Vikki-

You did that guy a great service in getting him to the docs ASAP. A lot of folks in that spot might have freaked and kicked the guy out to fend for himself. You are the best!

Everyone, PLEASE take the time to get a check-up, especially for blood pressure and cholesterol- and do what the doctor says!
Vicki,

Thanks for sharing with us your experience. I'm glad that you mentioned the smiling thing as well. I didn't know that!

We had a lady in Dallas who had a client die on her a few years back and I still remember that.

Reading this reminds all of us that well ... these things do happen. He was lucky that you were there.

Take care and try to get some rest today!!!

Elisabeth
Vikki,

GREAT informative, life-saving post! My ex-father-in-law woke up one morning a few years back slurring his words as if he were drunk. His son was advised to rush him to the hospital. As it turns out, he too, had just had a stroke.

You just never know when you'll be in a situation like that. Knowing what you're seeing very well may be the difference between life and death.

ssm
Thank you so much, for the reminder, and the tip. I didn't know about the smiling-thing. You are awesome, girl!!! I have always known. Ms VictoriaLyn is a sweetheart.

You saved a life and have given happiness to many. Thanks for being YOU.

Love,
Crystal
That was traumatic for everyone involved, I'm sure. Kudos to you for being level-headed, caring and being of much greater "service" than usually applies for a session.
Your a live saver! Little angel you!
Thank you for that info. I will keep this in mind.
That was very nice of you to stay with him at the hospital.
  • ezman
  • 10-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Ive recently had a similar experience. 1) Did you give him the stroke -- I generally only last about 10-15 - and 2) Did you charge extra for the experience? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
What an IDIOTIC POST ... !!

I assume you had a bad lapse in judgement late at night.
Well done Victoria!

http://www.strokeassociation.org/STR...ubHomePage.jsp

Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
Sudden, severe headache with no known cause