Looks like push and shove ended up in the same place

Michael Goguen, a Silicon Valley venture capitalist who has helped fund Paypal and Google projects, has been accused of abusing ex-stripper Amber Laurel Baptiste for over 13 years.

Baptiste claims she was brought to the US from Canada at age 15 by human traffickers. She accused Goguen of violent sexual abuse that occurred over more than a decade after they allegedly first met at a Texas strip club.

Goguen, of Sequoia Capital, has recently resigned over the allegations, an action the firm called the “appropriate course of action” in a recent statement.
Baptiste is demanding $40 million in compensation from Gougen in addition to the $10 million they had already agreed upon.

http://nypost.com/2016/03/14/ex-sequ...ex-abuse-case/
I think I would of been happy with the 10 million.
I think I would of been happy with the 10 million. Originally Posted by PiperPosh
No kidding
No kidding Originally Posted by Bobave
With Lawyers involved it takes 40-50 million, for the victim to get 10 million....sadly.
Good for her! I would prefer not to know she had to go through years of abuse in order to get "hers", and it will never make up for those stolen years or what she had to endure, but at least she was finally able to stick it to him where it hurt. Many exploited and abused young women never get compensated for the vile experiences they are subjected to. It's good to know there is a little karma in the world.
  • Tiny
  • 03-18-2016, 12:27 PM
Good for her! I would prefer not to know she had to go through years of abuse in order to get "hers", and it will never make up for those stolen years or what she had to endure, but at least she was finally able to stick it to him where it hurt. Many exploited and abused young women never get compensated for the vile experiences they are subjected to. It's good to know there is a little karma in the world. Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
Karma???? Exploited and abused? She totally fucked him over. If this actually goes all the way through the court system, there's a good chance she'll lose whatever part of the $10 million she hasn't already spent. Her text messages show she's lying.

Here are her complaint and his cross complaint:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/304677481/...aptiste#scribd

http://www.scribd.com/doc/304104968/...o-Court#scribd
Karma???? Exploited and abused? She totally fucked him over. If this actually goes all the way through the court system, there's a good chance she'll lose whatever part of the $10 million she hasn't already spent. Her text messages show she's lying.

Here are her complaint and his cross complaint:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/304677481/...aptiste#scribd

http://www.scribd.com/doc/304104968/...o-Court#scribd Originally Posted by Tiny
Sorry...I read that she was exploited and forced into this at the age of 15 and that he was abusive. That is what I responded to. Unless one of us is psychic and can pull this info from the cosmos, then I am not sure any media outlet is actually going to report extreme truth, because the truth is not always sensational and one would have their head buried in the sand if they were still under the impression that news is always accurate.

I was reading on Quora, just yesterday, about some Nobel Prize winner having made off colored remarks concerning women working in labs. Later, after many outraged responses, it comes to light this was not the case or it was taken out of context, but maybe it was the case because of how he stated it.....blah blah blah

chillax....it's not like your pocketbook is in danger, hon. I realize that innocent folks are railroaded at times, but please realize that scumbags get away with all kind of crap as well. Peace, k?
  • Tiny
  • 03-18-2016, 01:12 PM
chillax....it's not like your pocketbook is in danger, hon. I realize that innocent folks are railroaded at times, but please realize that scumbags get away with all kind of crap as well. Peace, k? Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
Sorry, I didn't intend to attack you personally. This kind of crap has affected my pocketbook. When I stopped seeing a woman she threatened to tell the world we had sex for money (not strictly true) and she was pregnant with my child (definitely not true). She probably would have made up stories about being a sex slave, raped, etc., if she thought that would have gotten her anywhere. There is much truth in the saying "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."
Sorry, I didn't intend to attack you personally. This kind of crap has affected my pocketbook. When I stopped seeing a woman she threatened to tell the world we had sex for money (not strictly true) and she was pregnant with my child (definitely not true). She probably would have made up stories about being a sex slave, raped, etc., if she thought that would have gotten her anywhere. There is much truth in the saying "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." Originally Posted by Tiny

I guess we learned that every situation may not be as it seems at first glance. And, maybe that because one person, male or female, did something to hurt us, this does not mean that everyone of that gender will do the same.

btw...some men are EXTREMELY vengeful and horrible in my own experience and with no real provocation. I have never held that against ALL men. Everyone has a clean slate coming in. If not, there is no way I could do what I do, or even like so many men.
That's why I ALWAYS research and visit reputable ladies from here and P411 and DC. I don't wish to help those doing wrongs to others. Human trafficking, pimping etc can be avoided if one plays safe and smart in the hobby. Go to BP and if it LTGTBT it likely is and may have life threatening complications for victims. Staying away from such "offerings" at least, in a small part reduces their power. Knowing the real truth in situations only occurs if you're the proverbial fly on the wall and witness the situation. Outside of that everything is hearsay IMHO.