Colleges..student loans..cost

Elite colleges plus many others have perfected the art of raising prices. They know the thought process remains that you have to get a college degree to have a decent chance at life.

Worse than facebook..everyone hates it but thinks they have to be on it

Maybe some woke thinking needs to be applied to college tuition
Wish they would but I’m not expecting it all. By the time my nieces and nephews get to college it’ll be 100K a year. It’s insane what they charge. My kids tuition is about 50 a year. I could do a lot with that money.
Wish they would but I’m not expecting it all. By the time my nieces and nephews get to college it’ll be 100K a year. It’s insane what they charge. My kids tuition is about 50 a year. I could do a lot with that money. Originally Posted by 1blackman1

consider what your kid can do with the education. i presume your nieces and nephews are their parents responsibility rather than yours? they'll also benefit.

that said, i'm completely opposed to large scale student debt cancellation. Biden can't act unilaterally even Pelosi said so and the Supreme Court is very unlikely to support it. it's a matter for Congress and it still has very little chance to become law because it sets a dangerous precedent to eliminating various types of debt in this case student loans. what's next? car loans because some dummy bought a car he couldn't really afford? mortgages? such things would close off virtually all types of lending if applied widely. what bank is gonna finance a car or home knowing Congress might "wipe out" the debt? would Congress make the lenders whole for their losses? they'll be doing that with your taxes. why should i pay for some dude's education when he picked a poor degree to major in?

that's the problem here. many of these gen whatever people picked poor career paths and can't make a living as a "pan-African studies" major. now they want out of the loans. sorry. pay up.

also where's my reparations for my student loans that i PAID OFF? college wasn't nearly as expensive in the 1980's as now but that's not the point. i borrowed a substantial amount for school. i also majored in IT not basket weaving. if this actually happens which is very unlikely you'd see a huge class action lawsuit by people like me who did pay off their loans. now i make a low six figure income for it.

now here's a story how certain degrees while mostly useless can actually work out. had a buddy in high school who was an all-city wide out on the football team who got a DII scholarship to some small school to play football. he wasn't going to go to the NFL but he did get a scholarship. what did he major in? History. in part because he liked history and also he figured it'd be easy. so he graduates and realizes unless he wants to be a History prof or some museum type he was limited by his degree. so after a few years bumming around in construction jobs by chance he met a friend of a friend hanging out one night who happened to a recruiter for the US Coast Guard. the recruiter told him, correctly, that with a degree he qualified for officer's candidacy school. so he decided to give it a shot for a 3 year enlistment as an Ensign. he could have been a staff officer but chose to be a line officer on a Coast Guard ship. he figured hey it's only 3 years if he didn't care for it he'd try something else. he not only liked it but as a line officer if he stayed in he'd eventually be in line to command a Coast Guard cutter. he's retiring this year after serving 40 years at the rank of Rear Admiral.
I'm fine with the government wiping the debt. But one caveat. If they do so, the person who is getting their debt erased, can no longer claim to be a college grad. They must return their degree, and if their job was in a related field, then they must step down from the job.

OR

They must serve a 2 year term in the UKR armed forces.... since we care about those folks freedom so much.

We'll see how many takers there are.
Why not forgive everyone’s debt?

NESARA
Woke policies are the problem I

bahahahhaaaa
The colleges and universities can charge anything they want, because the loans are guaranteed by the Federal Government.

They get their money, the money spent bought a worthless degree, and the tax payers get the bill.

Pretty damned good scam.
The colleges and universities can charge anything they want, because the loans are guaranteed by the Federal Government.

They get their money, the money spent bought a worthless degree, and the tax payers get the bill.

Pretty damned good scam. Originally Posted by Jackie S
you're right. they are running a scam.

many of those colleges/universities are not private. they are govt. institutions. they get their funding from state government once they have the charter.
It's a well known fact that the gop hates education. They depend on their base...uneducated clueless ignorant redneck racist white men that want their sister wife's to know their place. I'm a mega biotch so I own you!!!

College degrees have treated my children very well btw. I always told them a college degree will open alot of doors then it's up to you

Speaking of cost. How bout all those big big handouts that trumpy gave to the rich and big business...including a bunch for failing trumpy business bailouts.

The gop can waste all the money they want on the wealthy butt oh hell know for the well earned social security and medicare. And fuck infrastructure improvements...unless they are in the gop fucking moron's district and he wants all the credit

Who knew the gop like stupid supporters that can't think so well and let faux news control the cult bots

Edit to add that my kids have no student loans.

consider what your kid can do with the education. i presume your nieces and nephews are their parents responsibility rather than yours? they'll also benefit.

that said, i'm completely opposed to large scale student debt cancellation. Biden can't act unilaterally even Pelosi said so and the Supreme Court is very unlikely to support it. it's a matter for Congress and it still has very little chance to become law because it sets a dangerous precedent to eliminating various types of debt in this case student loans. what's next? car loans because some dummy bought a car he couldn't really afford? mortgages? such things would close off virtually all types of lending if applied widely. what bank is gonna finance a car or home knowing Congress might "wipe out" the debt? would Congress make the lenders whole for their losses? they'll be doing that with your taxes. why should i pay for some dude's education when he picked a poor degree to major in?

that's the problem here. many of these gen whatever people picked poor career paths and can't make a living as a "pan-African studies" major. now they want out of the loans. sorry. pay up.

also where's my reparations for my student loans that i PAID OFF? college wasn't nearly as expensive in the 1980's as now but that's not the point. i borrowed a substantial amount for school. i also majored in IT not basket weaving. if this actually happens which is very unlikely you'd see a huge class action lawsuit by people like me who did pay off their loans. now i make a low six figure income for it.

now here's a story how certain degrees while mostly useless can actually work out. had a buddy in high school who was an all-city wide out on the football team who got a DII scholarship to some small school to play football. he wasn't going to go to the NFL but he did get a scholarship. what did he major in? History. in part because he liked history and also he figured it'd be easy. so he graduates and realizes unless he wants to be a History prof or some museum type he was limited by his degree. so after a few years bumming around in construction jobs by chance he met a friend of a friend hanging out one night who happened to a recruiter for the US Coast Guard. the recruiter told him, correctly, that with a degree he qualified for officer's candidacy school. so he decided to give it a shot for a 3 year enlistment as an Ensign. he could have been a staff officer but chose to be a line officer on a Coast Guard ship. he figured hey it's only 3 years if he didn't care for it he'd try something else. he not only liked it but as a line officer if he stayed in he'd eventually be in line to command a Coast Guard cutter. he's retiring this year after serving 40 years at the rank of Rear Admiral. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Waco, you majored in I/T? Do you know Cobol language? Yes, it was cheaper to go to college when you and i went. I think that is the point. It is so expensive now to go to school, that it will some kids forever to pay back their loans. I had to get a loan for my senior year. I paid that back on my own. I am ok if sleep Joe's loan forgiveness program goes through. College is way too expensive to go. It's one thing when Harvard and Yale charge 100,000 per year. It's an issue when a state university is charging that much.
The whole educational system is basically run by libs!
So its not surprising costs are out of hand and student loans are given out too easily. Now they want the loans forgiven? BULLSHIT!
Not a sustainable business practice!
Ohh yeah! libs are not pro business! Theyre all for crt and communism
Waco, you majored in I/T? Do you know Cobol language? Yes, it was cheaper to go to college when you and i went. I think that is the point. It is so expensive now to go to school, that it will some kids forever to pay back their loans. I had to get a loan for my senior year. I paid that back on my own. I am ok if sleep Joe's loan forgiveness program goes through. College is way too expensive to go. It's one thing when Harvard and Yale charge 100,000 per year. It's an issue when a state university is charging that much. Originally Posted by adav8s28

it's COBOL .. Common Business Oriented Language. yes i took COBOL. it was the "hot ticket" of the day. everyone wanted to be a programmer .. in COBOL.

everything was cheaper in the 80's. that's not the point.

Student loan forgiveness: Borrowers might not see debt relief right away even if Biden wins lawsuits

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/s...224215182.html

do you want all student loan lenders to stop lending? that could happen if fucktard Biden gets his way. fret not. the conservative supreme court thanks to Trump won't allow it.
The whole educational system is basically run by libs!
So its not surprising costs are out of hand and student loans are given out too easily. Now they want the loans forgiven? BULLSHIT!
Not a sustainable business practice!
Ohh yeah! libs are not pro business! Theyre all for crt and communism
I've paid back roughly $125k in student loans over the years. I want a refund now. I know I won't get one, but can I at least get a token gift like a toaster oven or an air fryer from the government for paying back every cent that I borrowed? I'm hardly asking for much, so my request is very reasonable IMHO. I just want to feel some welfare love for once.

In all seriousness, I'm fucked. If my kids go to undergrad where I did, I can forget about retiring early. I'm just resigned to the fact that I will be a corporate bitch longer than I planned... their mom spoils them, they have no work ethic and there is zero chance they could put themselves through college like I did so yeah, I'm fucked. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure my boys aren't going to get full scholarships because they are good at Call of Duty and Madden. And I am pretty sure my youngest isn't getting one either for rolling her eyes and saying "whatever" every 5 minutes.