Looks like I might have some extra time on my hands

What's there to do in Little Rock? What are your favorite eateries? Local cuisine? Might as well enjoy the city while I'm here! Thanks in advance
Steak Sonny Williams
Sushi Sushi Cafe
BBQ Whole Hog

Museum Clinton Library
Steak Sonny Williams
Sushi Sushi Cafe
BBQ Whole Hog

Museum Clinton Library Originally Posted by Rockydoc
I've lived in Little Rock my entire life and have never heard of any of those places. Well except that oversized trailer known as the Clinton Library
I like books as much as the next guy, but is the library a real tourist attraction? I like sushi, I think that will be lunch, Danielle where do you like to eat out here?
It's not really a library as in walls of books. From my understanding it's just a presidential museum dedicated to the Clintons. I've only been in there long enough to pee. They have guards and metal detectors in there. Not my idea of a "library".

I haven't had sushi in Little Rock in a while, but Kobe is pretty good on Financial Center. You can also sit at the hibachi table. Just make sure you avoid the white kid with the fake Japanese accent. His name starts with an A I think
The old mill in NLR was in the film Gone With the Wind.

Clinton library is interesting. Has a replica of the Oval Office which is pretty cool. I am not a Clinton fan but enjoyed my tour.

Sushi Cafe is amazing. Also has great Kobe beef steaks and hamburgers, LOL. In The Heights neighborhood on Kavanaugh.

Sonny Williams is a great steak place in the Rivermarket. You need to get someone to take you there as it is pricey. Not as expensive as Arthur's in W Little Rock but I think the steaks are better.

Whole Hog cafe has the best pulled pork in the state. They have huge trophies from winning Kansas City and Memphis BBQ contests amount others. Their potatoe salad is heavenly.
Zaza in Hillcrest has great salads and good Pizza.

Tokyo house also has really good sushi along with a very high end buffet.

Top 3 rated sushi in LR

Kemuri... Have never eaten there on Kavanaugh

Sushi Cafe...to die for

Tokyo house...as a buffet you can sample the 20 or so sushi rolls. You do not have to know which you like.
I ate at the sushi cafe a little earlier and I have to say I was let down, mostly because everything looked way better than it tasted lol They are KILLER at presentation! I don't think I've ever had a plate so pretty I didn't want to eat it, but alas! My stomach was speaking French. The white tuna sashimi was really good and tasted fresh, but my crab cakes were super bland. Maybe I'm used to them Maryland style lol.

All in all, it was a great place and a wonderful recommendation. Thanks you guys! I wish I could pack them up and bring them on the rest of my trip!
I actually prefer Wasabi in the Rivermarket for Sushi. The Big Dam Brodge roll is TDF.

Sonny Williams is a good steak in the high medium price range but Arthur's imo is better but pricier. You also can get a decent affordable steak at the Butcher shop. Go hit up the Purple Cow for a purple Milkshake. And then stroll the river market
I forgot about the Purple Cow. It's amazing! Since I've been on this diet, I haven't been able to get my milkshake fix. But Purple Cow is the best
Great shakes
  • bndm
  • 09-23-2016, 11:51 PM
FWIW, Rocky was spot on for all four of his recommendations.
It was also nice of him to speak up and offer some help.

Some opinions are better educated than others, and he came through for you.

Enjoy your time in the Rock.
+1 on Sonny Williams, RockyDoc. I've really missed that place since I moved to NWA. It was my absolute favorite.
Thanks gents and gals! I might have to try whole hog cafe, I love pulled pork sammies ❤️❤️
Thanks gents and gals! I might have to try whole hog cafe, I love pulled pork sammies ❤️❤️ Originally Posted by Lovelyallison

Whole Hog is freaking AMAZING!!!