Flameouts and Comebacks

For various reasons, not all of them directly related to the hobby, a small percentage of providers flame out. We've all seen it. And before they disappear entirely, they're likely to have received one or two bad reviews. An infinitesimally small percentage of all her reviews, most of which were outstanding.

Assume that such a provider takes a few months off to get things sorted out, and finally decides to come back. I've seen the hobby community respond very harshly, often very unfairly, to such ladies. The level of judgmentalism astonishes me for a community that, considering the activity at the root of it, would seem to require none.

So what advice would you give her about making a successful comeback? Use her old handle and hope the community understands that she's tamed her demons? Or pick a new handle, and hope to establish a good reputation before it becomes widely known who she is (or used to be)?
You're only as good as your last performance. I could be wrong but don't seem to recall anyone who went bad, then turned it around. At least not for longer than the first week.
She should first make right with those that she provided a poor service to on her downward spiral.
Some firecrackers turn out to be duds...

Some can get a new fuse and recover, some cannot. Either way, be honest and stick with your original name.
She should first make right with those that she provided a poor service to on her downward spiral. Originally Posted by Hercules
Agreed. You can't escape it, at least here, so you might as well own it and try to make amends.

It will take time, she will have to suffer "slings and arrows", and some folks will never accept her. But if she is sincere and sticks with the rehabilitation plan, eventually she will regain whatever reputation she may have lost.

Then she can say "fuck you" to the rest.
I think if she caused problems from the beginning shes going to come back and will still be the same i already can pretty much figure out who you are speaking of...unless this person got some deep psychotherapy she will continue to conduct business the same as she use to... Now thats just an opinion...
She should first make right with those that she provided a poor service to on her downward spiral. Originally Posted by Hercules
If she is sincere and sticks with the rehabilitation plan, eventually she will regain whatever reputation she may have lost. Originally Posted by TinMan
That's how you turn it around.

A couple of bad reviews don't mean much to me. I have had great experiences with more than a few ladies that had some negative reviews. But, if she had a track history of questionable service, some well documented self-destructive behavior, I would respect her immensely for making amends with those that she treated poorly. Maybe offer Greek to them fellas, I mean really let them take it out on her backside...just kidding.

Change the name, keep it the same, just earn the new reputation!
Is Vixen DeVain making a comeback?
I know providers that were "managed" and became indies with new handles, and providers with plain outright nervous breakdowns on the board with new handles. Old habits die hard. Bad habits die harder. I am, however, a strong believer of the fact that you cant change what you dont ACKNOWLEDGE.
I think they need to get with those they have "short changed" and make things right and admit there were problems and make it attractive for hobbyists to take the chance and get some decent reviews. We all have off days and periods but have to show we are over that. Give a reason for someone to take the chance again.
Is Vixen DeVain making a comeback? Originally Posted by Prolongus
Amber Rain is more likely the person he's testing the waters for.
IMHO the best way to do a comeback is to fuck the shit out of ur potential new clients. Then then the new reviews will speak for itself. Not knowing the past mistakes, I think a simple note to those wronged never hurts. Whoever it is good luck
This place has a ridiculously short memory span. Whoever it is will have their antagonists and naysayers and considerably more "Who gives a fuck, suck me now" payers and reviewers. I mean PrettyFuckingMarvelous and THN have proven that no amount of perceived douchebaggery or bad service or "no click" for somebody has ever changed the color of money.

How many times has the Cajun cumbucket from the Lido come and gone? Blessed St. Kitty could come back tomorrow and somebody would make an appointment to see her. Ethics and history, unless it included violent crime, have about as much place here as they do at a legislative convention. Tell whoever it is to come on back, put on some Teflon and rebuild. Or tap out and cry like a whiny bitch when "everybody" is mean. She'll never know till she tries. Personally, I'm all for hooker Phoenixes. From the ashes rises a sloppy BBBJ and all that.

Anybody on here NOT carrying any psycho baggage, real or imagined, is welcome to cast the first stone.
IMHO the best way to do a comeback is to fuck the shit out of ur potential new clients. Then then the new reviews will speak for itself. Not knowing the past mistakes, I think a simple note to those wronged never hurts. Whoever it is good luck Originally Posted by Thatdude
Sounds like a good start!
This place has a ridiculously short memory span. Whoever it is will have their antagonists and naysayers and considerably more "Who gives a fuck, suck me now" payers and reviewers. I mean PrettyFuckingMarvelous and THN have proven that no amount of perceived douchebaggery or bad service or "no click" for somebody has ever changed the color of money.

How many times has the Cajun cumbucket from the Lido come and gone? Blessed St. Kitty could come back tomorrow and somebody would make an appointment to see her. Ethics and history, unless it included violent crime, have about as much place here as they do at a legislative convention. Tell whoever it is to come on back, put on some Teflon and rebuild. Or tap out and cry like a whiny bitch when "everybody" is mean. She'll never know till she tries. Personally, I'm all for hooker Phoenixes. From the ashes rises a sloppy BBBJ and all that.

Anybody on here NOT carrying any psycho baggage, real or imagined, is welcome to cast the first stone. Originally Posted by phildo
For the record there is a limit and a few board posters not liking you is isn't it. Someone like NHR (aka previously banned member) or Jason Gideon who are known for being harmful to others is my limit. No amount of money would make me be in the same room with either one.

There are lines that should not be crossed but I'm will to accept a public mistep and some damaged ego - money or not.