FREE WITH WS WIN

I wonder how many people took mattress mac
up on his "purchase his furniture set and
Astros with the WS and your purchase is free!!!"???
There's an article about it on ESPN - think he's due to give out about $10 mil in rebates. However, the article went on to say he had this promotion insured, so he had to pay a 10-20 pct premium for that, and he hedged that further with over $1 mil in bets on the Astros in Las Vegas sports books. MM made out just fine.

A65
There's an article about it on ESPN - think he's due to give out about $10 mil in rebates. However, the article went on to say he had this promotion insured, so he had to pay a 10-20 pct premium for that, and he hedged that further with over $1 mil in bets on the Astros in Las Vegas sports books. MM made out just fine.

A65 Originally Posted by Astros1965
YEP HE"S NO FOOL!
Mac has done this many times before. Selling even more furniture, and making money doing it.

Of course, the Astros and MLB are the ones making the real money. One single ticket for a so so seat at a regular game, 70 to 80 bucks. Food prices unmentionable. Want to put a 5 second message on the right field scoreboard - that will be 100 bucks, please.
I like Matress Mac and think the world of him, however his furniture is in the upper price range compared to other stores.

The same $500 chair at Ashley is $600 at Gallery, however his same day delivery is really attractive to buyers. He also has great tax write offs for charity and other business options.

Again, Houston is a better city because of MM and Gallery and I would hate to see him leave, however he knows his business and how to use credits and write offs, the same that any of us would do if we were in his shoes.
I like Matress Mac and think the world of him, however his furniture is in the upper price range compared to other stores.
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN

I think he is a great man as well, and if I had excess money to basically "give away", as long as they had what I was looking for, I'd buy furniture there without really shopping around, however, at this stage of my life ... no way!

3 years ago I replaced my bedroom set and he wanted 12k for the entire set, while metropolitan furniture gave me the exact same pieces for 8k. That's a hefty difference.