So why does anyone still use Backpage?

A quick glance at the Alerts section tells me Backpage is fraught with obstacles and perils, so why are Eccie members still using it?

Is it the convenience, the variety, the anonymity, the lower rates, or the promise of new faces?

It seems so hit or miss and I'm just wondering why it's still popular when it just seems to be a source of trouble.

This is an unbiased survey to sate my own curiosity.
  • Toyz
  • 10-22-2014, 08:06 PM
A quick glance at the Alerts section tells me Backpage is fraught with obstacles and perils, so why are Eccie members still using it?

Is it the convenience, the variety, the anonymity, the lower rates, or the promise of new faces?

It seems so hit or miss and I'm just wondering why it's still popular when it just seems to be a source of trouble.

This is an unbiased survey to sate my own curiosity. Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet
Mostly because all the picture on BP are verified original and untouched. That every girl represented is exactly as her pictures show her. Because so many girls on BP have a "its me or fuck you" guarantee...
Price

Variety

Knowing that when you reach out to schedule there is SOMEONE... ho, manager or PIMP that is going to respond vs the sit and wait to get noticed on ECCIE attitude.

Rolling the dice to occasionally get a winner vs settling for mundane or paying too much is just not the option many want.
Stupid is as stupid does. That's what my mamma use to say.
Stupid is as stupid does. That's what my mamma use to say. Originally Posted by stevejones1969
Life is like a box of cheap chocolates you never know what's in 'em

Ignorance is one thing, apathy is another. My view is I don't know and I don't care...

Using BP is suicide in many ways "just don't do it"
I advertise on backpage and have no problem with admitting to it.

Often, you have to wade through some wanker-type of calls but the EXACT same client base that is here is on backpage.

It's a number's game with me. And there is some attrition always going on even when you have a bunch of regulars. So you always have to be on the path of getting more clients through your front door.

And backpage is an excellent advertising venue. I'm not sure why so many people poo poo the publication. In some cities, it's the only advertising venue or at least, the most popular one.

Just my thoughts on it. There are ladies, and men, who find issues (and have all sorts of problems) with members on Eccie as well.

Best,
Elisabeth
I've used BP as well. I had to initially because of location, but even now it's a good way to make some quick cash.

I figured it was a good way to attract the ECCIE guys who are looking, but I seldom had such luck.

That being said, the clientele seems offended if I ask for references, petrified if I try to alt screen and are often hapless and tacky to the point that I feel unsafe.

Plus it seems rife with the constant threat of LE, so I'm definitely off it for the foreseeable future.
  • Toyz
  • 10-22-2014, 09:13 PM

Often, you have to wade through some wanker-type of calls but the EXACT same client base that is here is on backpage.

It's a number's game with me. And there is some attrition always going on even when you have a bunch of regulars.

Best,
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Elisabeth you are always respectful in your posts so I am not sure how to pen this and have it NOT sound condescending. So I'll just state that it's NOT meant that way and assume you realize that?

But...to your statement that its EXACTLY the same customers...perhaps you draw the same clientele on eccie that you do on backpage? Mayhaps not the entirety of the eccie male monger pooulation seeks you out?

This is further emphasized by your volume play...some girls do this for a few extra bucks...some just for the hell of it but take the money cause they can. Where I am headed with this is that not every guy taps every Hoogar out there, and not every Hoggar wants so much volume that they use backpage...therefore are not backpage regulars...some of us are extremely selective in who we spend our Hoogar Bucks on.
  • Loxly
  • 10-22-2014, 10:56 PM
Why is BP still being used? Some possibilities:

1. There's nothing appealing in the WW.
  2. Collect data to use in bartering a lower rate.
  3. Sense of Adventure.
  4. Faster response time for a "quickie".
  5. Rebound from a NCNS.
  6. Bragging rights to a new find.
Regardless of where someone may cruise their last run should be down "Research" Blvd. I'd guess most that experience trouble don't do much checking.

So far as Providers go, I've known many that have been on everything but Milk Cartons. Frankly I don't know how some keep up with it. Especially keeping their rates straight and/or current.
  • onei
  • 10-22-2014, 11:50 PM
I've used BP, but I'm very, very slow at going in. I look on a regular basis. I google the phone numbers, check the pics, ask for info. if needed & look for reviews. If all four don't check out, I don't go in. Thus I've never been burned on BP. In fact I know of two BP girls that have ventured over here, one I've seen several times, and another who told me she started here but left because of the drama and rude guys. (Her words exactly - don't shoot the messenger) :-)

Now to the question of why.
1. Price.
A. I refuse to pay these high prices now days. $200hh??? You've got to be kidding me! There's no way I'm paying that. I'll take care of my own self first, then take that money and do something fun, like skydiving. :-)
B. Tonight I had my first appt in a month simply because nothing on my BP research has panned out and those I'm interested in seeing are just not going to get that much $$ out of me, plus she was running a special that fit my self imposed budget.
C. I don't ask for discounts (my choice) rather choose to respect the listed price, even if that means I have to pass.
2. The thrill of the hunt.
3. Price (did I already mention that?) :-)
In case no one mentioned it..... Price is a driving factor...

Yeah... I see I mentioned it too but emphasis is needed...

It's always interesting finding an ECCIE girl on BP with lower rates....

Another reason is the lack of screening......

I've been doing this long enough to be able to look out for myself..... and I network with a couple of other guys that have similar tastes so it minimizes risk....

The OP should take note that the majority of BP horror stories are from the inexperienced in the mix...... Most guys with some experience can navigate those waters fine and most of the "Don't see BP girls" hype comes from White Knights to please some lady....

It's a number's game with me. And there is some attrition always going on even when you have a bunch of regulars. So you always have to be on the path of getting more clients through your front door.

And backpage is an excellent advertising venue. I'm not sure why so many people poo poo the publication. In some cities, it's the only advertising venue or at least, the most popular one.

Just my thoughts on it. There are ladies, and men, who find issues (and have all sorts of problems) with members on Eccie as well.

Best,
+1

I do screen back page guys. I just use a different approach. I'm not inviting everyone who calls to my incall. I am very picky.

My prices are actually cheeper for eccie guys b/c they are easier to screen.
I recently started offering 100 for quick (15minutes or less) non GFE sessions to accommodate guys who don't want GFE. Strangely, I don't get very many quick session requests there. Most back page guys become repeat clients due to the fact of all the riffraff from bp rip offs. It's a great way to meet new clients.
Yes I agree Miss Elizabeth, also it is just an advertising tool, just like any other. utilized it in the best and safest was you see fit. I mean not even eccie is safe from being abused and mishandled. even tho it is moderated there are still some of the same issues here you would encounter on BP. provider/clients who represent themselves falsely, or take advantage, or abuse you.

example a knife can be dangerous and hurt someone but it is only an instrument, the way someone uses it, is up to the individual. you can make a beautiful dinner and you have threaten/hurt others.

-secret

Best,
Don't do BP. Too many safer and awesome girls here on ECCIE and P411.
  • Imatk
  • 10-23-2014, 10:27 AM
Price is the biggest factor I would imagine. It is for me anyway... I agree that 200 for a hhr is just silly.

The other things that were mentioned are true as well... Availability

But I would suspect its mostly price. Providers here tend to increase their rates because there are those that have either too much money or some other reason ( I don't know what that is) and they'll pay 200 for a hhr when the EXACT same level of service can be had for 80-100 an hour.

I keep reading posts like "I'll just stick with girls here" as if no girl on eccie ever screwed someone over or provided less than stellar service.