trying to sell car

Not having much luck getting rest of money so willing to sell car, its a 2002 dodge stratus. I have gotten a lot of things fixed lately only things wrong is the heat just went out yesterday, the check engine light is on but went down street to transmission car place and they said that its cause it has issues shifting out gears but they said its not a huge deal. And the driver window need to be put back on track, but does go up with some help lol

Its really actually a good car, got tires fixed, ball barings fixed, the thingy that you put antifreeze in is fixed and all the hoses are fixed.

I also have number of a cheap and great auto guy, but he doesn't barter and knows nothing of what I do so that's your choice to try or go somewhere else. Trying to sell tonight 2000 obo text me for pics 3196547754
Mileage?
That seems awfully high for a dodge that old with that much stuff wrong with it... Maybe you might get more money getting a car loan perhaps?

Your "the thingy that you put antifreeze in" cracked me up hehe.
well jeez Lol I don't know what that's called lol... That's why I am saying best offer, I would be willing to take 1400 for it the least.
It's called a radiator
actually that's not what it was but good try, I don't know either but will ask my mechanic tomorrow what it was
actually that's not what it was but good try, I don't know either but will ask my mechanic tomorrow what it was Originally Posted by shayla84

It's the radiator or radiator overflow tank
According to KBB 1400 seems about right for that year vehicle with those miles in good condition.
However a transmission that has trouble getting out of gear could be a big deal. If its a bad speed sendor preventing the carfrom shifting then no. But if its indeed the transmision thats slipping and not due to low fluid then thats a big deal usually resulting in a rebuild.
And yes, the thingy the coolant is applied to is the vehicles radiator.
You would probably get more response if you put an add on Craig's list or backpage in the cars for sale section.
Take some pictures of the car list mileage, features etc and price and a phone number.
Good luck.
Actually I got the reservoir fixed, and the tubes that go with that.
I did post on CL I just know girls post sometimes that they need a car, and so figured I would post here too.
I hope it sells so you can leave sweetie. Good luck.
IMHO, the truck's not going to sell unless you sell it undervalued. No lay person would risk inheriting any of your truck problems.

You're better off putting the truck in someone else's charge and taking the trip you said you were going to make since last year. If you need the extra 1-2k to make that trip, better to count on some other money sources....ijs.
Pssst, beagle. A Stratus isn't a truck. That would be a Ram.

And, shayla, a transmission that won't shift out of gears, IS a big deal, in spite of what your transmission guys said.

Don't believe me? That's fine, but I'd be *extremely* surprised to hear that you sold the vehicle, even at $1400, when the potential buyers learn of the transmission shifting issues. If it's, "not a big deal", then I'd suggest that you let your transmission friends do the repairs and *then* you might get close to your asking price. Otherwise, you're probably going to be sitting on it for a while...I'm not trying to be rude or insensitive, just shooting straight with you, because a transmission overhaul is likely going to cost as much, if not more, than you're asking for the vehicle. I just don't know too many people who would jump through hoops to own a $4000, 155k mile, 12 year old, Dodge Stratus...ya' know?

Good luck and best wishes...