How much Hobbying is too much?

I am sure this has been discussed , but fellas and ladies how much hobbying is too much because I find myself lurking planning the next visit right after I just had one. As soon as I get some extra money I want to find someone and I have a SO. Is this natural or bad?
Its natural . . . Its a problem, if you do not pay your bills in order to hobby.
Its natural . . . Its a problem, if you do not pay your bills in order to hobby. Originally Posted by pyramider
Agreed. You need to keep enough disposable income to live on. All the rest is hobby $$$. But you need to die before you retire. With this system there's no retirement funding.
How much Hobbying is too much? Originally Posted by midnite312004
Personally, for me it was when I lost the thrill of meeting new ladies. I'm by no means anything special, but when I found myself in the same room as a Super Model and wasn't giddy, I knew I had been hobbying too much. I've decided to cut back to once or twice a month, whereas it used to be 2-3 times a week.
Does eating Vienna Sausage, your kid baby food and by candlelight because your pinching your pennies to see the next strange poontag, considered having a problem?
I think I'll stay out of this one! LOL Exit stage left!
If you discover your checking account is over drawn by 1k and you have no lights in your house. You probabaly should reduce your hobby frequency.
Pawning all the furniture in the house except for the bed to see provider's, you might have a hobby problem. LOL
  • Old-T
  • 02-21-2012, 09:19 PM
I think I'll stay out of this one! LOL Exit stage left! Originally Posted by Still Looking
If you stop in long enough to say you are not joining the fray, have you joined the fray?
If you already think you are spending too much time lurking, thinking, or spending on it, you may have a dilemma. Anything in excess is not good. Obsession is when a person thinks constantly of the one thing, a smoker trying to quit, thinks of puffing all day - obsession. The person is not in a happy place, that simple. The person has to overcome through time that obsession to want a puff. Sex is an addiction, anything is an addictio done to the point of obsession or compulsion. Compulsion is acting on your thoughts or obsession.

I suggest take a break from the hobby and see wher eyour thuoghts go, if after a week or so you stop thinking about it. Then you probably do not have much of a problem. If 30 days out you are still obsessing, you have a problem. Maybe, try hobbying once a month or once every other month and see if that helps. I disagree that in order to consider it a problem, your lights have to be off, or you have to be broke.

I thought I had a problem with the hobby when the sex I was having with my SO I wanted it to be like my sessions. My sessions are paid for and usually concentrate for my pleasure only, not hers. I never have to worry if she will go down or not, I know she will. I know if I can shot my load on her tits or not from reading reviews, with my SO, she may do that at first for me, but through time the women I have dated went to Mish, maybe some oral, sometimes 69, etc. - got very boring. I decided if a woman I am seeing cannot give me the sex I desire it is her problem - not mine. I am a very willing partner to please her, in fact my last SO if we had sex it was usually about her pleasure and I got little of what i wanted. Idk the answer but I tihnk if you are concerned with it already, try taking a break.
Too much hobbying? How absurd, j/k. I would think when it becomes borderline obsessive.
Lets take a look at what constitutes "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder" or OCD. You can do anything at all that others might consider odd or over-doing etc . . .as long as doing so does not affect your life adversly.

One example is picking up coins off the ground. This is not a bad thing in and of itself. Yet I knew an older man who had done this all his life but was now confined to a wheel chair (an age related issue). At some point he developed a stress-fractures on the lower ribs on each side from forcing himself to lean over the arms of the wheel chair and pick up each and every penny that he saw. He continued to do this while complaining of the pain! That is waht putdsthe "D" in O-C-D!

And so Midnite: You can hobby as much as you want as long as it does not adversly impact your life . . . due to impoverishmenmt, desease or offended SO.
I would say that it's an individual thing. Now as for pipefitters response, I think your problem is not so much with to much hobbying, rather it's maturing in the hobby. When i first started this level of the hobby, I was like a child in a candy store, I wanted everything that appealed to me. Now, i'm more selective, most providers showcases are sexy and show them in their best possible light, but there has to be something else about them that captures me now, I can never put a finger on what that something is, but I know it when I see it. But I agree with statements made by others on this topic, I only spend money that does not take away from my RL, when you start to sacrifice things in your RL for the hobby, you've probably gone a little to far.
Its natural . . . Its a problem, if you do not pay your bills in order to hobby. Originally Posted by pyramider
Well said.
I think I'll stay out of this one! LOL Exit stage left! Originally Posted by Still Looking

Hahaha...what for LOL ?!