Accidential RL Info

FYI, I use p411 or a cell phone to contact providers I see. Also, thankfully, I have not reviewed, or every discussed, this provider and can talk about this here without anyone narrowing it down to whom it could be.

Has anything like this ever happened to you? What actions did you take, and were your actions a wise decision?

A few days ago, on my hobby email account, I received an email from the data mining king (Google) asking me if I know so and so... and it listed about 3 people, along with their pic's.

When I clicked the link on the email it took me to Google's + webpage, and the first person listed the was a woman's name (I did not recognize) and their picture (I did recognize) that I have corresponded with.

I recognized the provider I had seen, along with her friend that is also a provider. I knew that they know each other from a convo during session with my provider, and her RL first name had slipped from my provider.

Now, it appears, because these 2 individuals and, possibly, a lot of others may have actually used their RL info on their email account set up's they use for hobbying, because after I clicked the link, it listed a lot more, including my name (I used for my hobby email), and photo's of what looks like a bunch of horny men, and some other women I wish I knew carnally.

Being the curious person I am, I highlighted a name and Google searched it and sure enough a LinkedIn page came up with the same name and a picture of the person I searched.

Please be careful and always separate RL info from all hobby/provider world emails, phone numbers, name's etc.

Always hope for the best but assume the worst when you are doing anything online.
Ha. Check your viber/voxer - you'll find her name there too.
A year and a half ago I used a throwaway Yahoo account to contact providers, I also used the same email account to link to a dummy Facebook profile because I am not on FB but have the empty account so I can look up old high school acquaintences and see what they are up to. I stopped using that Yahoo email address and switched to a new one when I decided to get ROS access to Eccie.

Well about 6 months ago I logged into the old Yahoo account and I got an email from Facebook saying "You may know these people" or something to that effect. I clicked the link and looked at the 3 pics and immediately recognized one of them as a young provider I had seen twice. The link led me to her Facebook page with hundreds of personal pics, her real name, where she worked, and her hundreds of FB friends. This provider was a college kid and by the time I saw it she had disappeared from eccie already. The only way this could have happened was if she used the same email address for hobbying and to set up her FB account. I still can't believe how dumb that was. I thought about emailing her to warn her but figured that would freak her out more so I just forgot about it.
Eventually one's real information is going to connect, and it is almost impossible to avoid it if one has any other persona on the internet and/or is "verified" with any accuracy.

The only truly secure way of "keeping a secret" is to "keep it yourself."
And few years ago a provider emailed me and her rl name was in it. I Google it and in a few clicks I was browsing her online shared wedding photos. In this case it actually made her hotter! I let her know and forgot about it.

Also, pretty good idea to regularly change hobby email.
Thanks for sharing guys. Can't be too careful.

... I was browsing her online shared wedding photos. In this case it actually made her hotter! Originally Posted by tbone77494
+1 Yeah it did!
Did you alert the providers in question ? Geez i thought it was clear as day if you create a hobby email address use a fake name same thing goes for hobby sites twitter etc etc etc
Did you alert the providers in question ? Geez i thought it was clear as day if you create a hobby email address use a fake name same thing goes for hobby sites twitter etc etc etc Originally Posted by Thatdude
You put fake license plates on your hobby vehicle? (That is a rhetorical question)
Did you alert the providers in question? Originally Posted by Thatdude
No, I figured they would read this along with others and make adjustments hopefully.

You put fake license plates on your hobby vehicle? (That is a rhetorical question) Originally Posted by LexusLover
LOL
Want to see something really interesting. Put phone numbers into Facebook search bar.