Phone /text app

I have not hobbied in awhile, and don't have a hobby phone anymore. I was thinking of using a app as a hobby phone. Any recommendations, what are the down sides ( other than need to hide the app from SO)
2ndline
Hobby safe. Don't trust apps. The phone still tracks everything you do and everywhere you go. You may clean the app, but I bet the information is still stored on the phone or in the cloud, if you are dumb enough to back up your phone to the cloud. All of which can be subpoenaed in a divorce. Get a new burner.
Walmart is a store I routinely stop at and I purchase the cheapest phone that is easy to search the internet and text.
  • Smerc
  • 03-09-2022, 10:38 PM
Get a phone w/ cash that's unlocked somewhere(used or new) and a $9-10 walmart freedompop sim w/ anon info(you register a card online, but I think it can be all anon info). It only requires $10 w/ no monthly fees, but it's limited to like 300min/1000txt/100mb data each month w/ no rollover stuff. There's other voip shit you can use if you're in a place with good wifi. Sometimes I can't get shit in Tulsa.
  • BLM69
  • 03-11-2022, 07:31 PM
Hobby phone with Google voice