Any good patels near the Heights area?

I'm looking for a good motel for some fun around the Heights area. I seem to recall the patels cutting back on hourly. Any intel would be great. Thanks.
Patels?
Patels? Originally Posted by Morgan_Sweets
Patels aka Palace Inn
Every corner across from Walgreens. Lol

Don’t forget Scottish Inn.
Why is it called that?
There are a lot of Indian hotel owners named Patel.
It is a very common Indian name.
Indian as in India.
One right there @ Washington & Wescot and IH 10 on south west side
There are a lot of Indian hotel owners named Patel.
It is a very common Indian name.
Indian as in India. Originally Posted by Warptcuck
I was hoping that it wasnt the reason.

I am very familiar with things to do with Indian people and India..

I also don't care for such generalizations.

But that's just me.. You'd be surprised how many hotels aren't owned by Patel's.
It's not a generalization.
I work with a lot of Indians, none named Patel.
But if you look at the plaques at the front desk, they show Patel's as owners or managers. Same with a lot of quick stop stores and gas stations.
The majority of Indians I work with are named Venkataraman/Venkataramani or a version of that name. I don't know why hotel/motel owners and managers are mostly Patel's.
I do not know it this is correct but was once told that they take the name of the profession they work in & something like Patel is known as an Inn Keeper. Don’t have a clue if this is accurate or not.
Patel people are in a certain caste which is probably innkeeper or something.
I regard them as mighty fine innkeepers

During the great Houston evacuation, we went to Corpus Christi and found a nice hotel run by Patels types, they would not flee to San Antonio but stayed. All the help took flight but told if we want new towels just come down to the office and pick what ever was needed.
Patel is a common family name of people, in the state of Gujarat in India. They are known to be hardworking business people. I am told that, more than half of US motel type establishments are owned or managed by Patels. Hence, these establishments are called "Potels" in jest. Patel+Motel.

This is straight from one of the owners I talked to.
Palace Inn's now have a minimum of 4 hours for a flat fee of $40 dollars. I just used one this past Sunday.
Depends on which ones you are going to.
Palace Inn's now have a minimum of 4 hours for a flat fee of $40 dollars. I just used one this past Sunday. Originally Posted by Mexxxican Warrior
Well this is news to me