Two heroes dead at the hands of a policeman.

Jemel Roberson of Chicago and Emantic Branford of Florida are both dead. Both were shot dead by a police officer thinking they were shooters. Afterwards, it turns out that mistakes were made and innocent men died trying to save lives. I don't put this one the POLICE but on individuals who fucked up. Why is my question...poor training? An assumption that anyone with a gun is a target? Poor judgement overall?
There is an acknowledged right in this country that we, as individuals, have a right to defend ourselves and others and not be killed for exercising that right.
Jemel Roberson of Chicago and Emantic Branford of Florida are both dead. Both were shot dead by a police officer thinking they were shooters. Afterwards, it turns out that mistakes were made and innocent men died trying to save lives. I don't put this one the POLICE but on individuals who fucked up. Why is my question...poor training? An assumption that anyone with a gun is a target? Poor judgement overall?
There is an acknowledged right in this country that we, as individuals, have a right to defend ourselves and others and not be killed for exercising that right. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
So are you putting it on. Should these criminals be given a change at redeeming them selves
  • WTF
  • 11-24-2018, 06:14 PM
So are you putting it on. Should these criminals be given a change at redeeming them selves Originally Posted by themystic
Barleycorn needs to provide a link...I can't even understand wtf he is trying to say.

You have to quote me for him to see this
Barleycorn needs to provide a link...I can't even understand wtf he is trying to say.

You have to quote me for him to see this Originally Posted by WTF
Barleycorn dear sir, what the fuck are you talking about
I use Bing, you being the way you are might prefer Google.
A lot of things aren't adding up in the articles I've read.
There is an acknowledged right in this country that we, as individuals, have a right to defend ourselves and others and not be killed for exercising that right. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

those are 2 separate incidents

security guard Jemel Roberson killed by police in Chicago area.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...115-story.html

Emantic Branford , civilian bystander who had gun killed by police in alabama

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.e1604e8eee8f
Yes, they are separate incidents. Who said otherwise? Once again, I'm not blaming the department for what happened but I have to know was training lacking? Did the individual cop have a record of poor judgement? Now, the follow-up is on the organization. Do they cover things up? Do they close ranks and protect bad judgment or training? I would really like to know how the police could publicly claim a bad guy was down when it wasn't the case. The wrong man was shot!
On a said note, I notice that this thread requires too much of some of our regular posters and it shows. Don't worry boys I'll post something easy later on.
President Donald Putin likes live white uncaptured heroes Barleycorn
Not yet, I haven't posted the easy stuff yet. Be patient.
Yes, they are separate incidents. Who said otherwise? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

it was the way you wrote it. you made it sound like 2 men were killed in the same incident.
In both incidents, the men who were killed were holding a gun, and not in a uniform.

I wasn't there so I can't say what the police officers did, prior to shooting the two men. Both incidents included other people shooting, which is why the police showed up, prepared to stop gunfire.

It's really hard to point a finger at either the police, or the deceased men.

It's a sad result of two unfortunate situations. Any fault really lands on those who started the shooting.
I do find it hard to believe that either of these men pointed a weapon at police which would give that officer grounds to fire; self defense.
  • WTF
  • 11-26-2018, 06:06 AM
I do find it hard to believe that either of these men pointed a weapon at police which would give that officer grounds to fire; self defense. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Look, if we all have guns, less people will die when a shooting breaks out. You gotta break a few eggs to make a omelet
I do find it hard to believe that either of these men pointed a weapon at police which would give that officer grounds to fire; self defense. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

then perhaps, racism played a part in that shooting, given that both killed were black.