Mississippi Senate race: Cindy Hyde-Smith defeats Mike Espy

Mississippi Senate race: Cindy Hyde-Smith defeats Mike Espy

✔ Cindy Hyde-Smith (R)56.1%
Mike Espy (D)43.8%
Districts reporting: 73%

WASHINGTON -- Republican Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith defeated challenger Mike Espy, a Democrat, in the runoff election for the U.S. Senate in Mississippi. Hyde-Smith was appointed earlier this year by Gov. Phil Bryant after Sen. Thad Cochran, also a Republican, stepped down. Hyde-Smith will be the first woman elected to the Senate from Mississippi, and the Republican majority in the Senate would grow to 53-47....

President Trump has endorsed Hyde-Smith, and visited Mississippi on Monday for two rallies supporting her campaign.

After defeating her Democratic challenger, President Trump tweeted his congratulations to Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith. "We are all very proud of you," he wrote.

(CBS)
YAY!
53 to 47. President Trump can work with that.
RBG's should retire now. No need to work oneself to death.
53 to 47. President Trump can work with that. Originally Posted by Jackie S
239 to 216. I would work with that. Doesn't something have to get through the house first? Don't the have investigative power? Also doesn't Donald Putin want Infrastructure, Factory jobs, Low unemployment, Border Security, etc.

You can down play this all you want, even Steve Bannon said this hurts the Donald Putin badly, slowing him way down. Alan Derkowitz said the report Mueller has is going to be devastating politically

Wont it be wonderful to have Nancy Pelosi in charge of the House? Donald Putin went all over the country and couldn't stop her or the BLUE WAVE. It was the biggest margin of victory in American political history

Go call IB and tell him none of this matters. He will fill you in on the "alternative facts" that none of this matters
. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I wonder what her Christmas tree ornaments look like hanging from her tree. Btw the woman Donald Putin has been fucking since Melania wont touch him, Kelly Anne, Sarah Sanders Huckabee and now Cindy Hyde Smith. Id say that's a pretty big drop off from the playboy model
Hey, I think Kelly Ann is kinda hot. She has that mid fifties MILF look down pat.

Heck, to an old guy like me, she is as good as a young lady one minute after midnight of her 18th birthday to the rest of you guys.

https://eccie.net/attachment.php?att...1&d=1543408905
Attached Images File Type: jpg IMG_2794.JPG (226.3 KB, 43 views)
Hey, I think Kelly Ann is kinda hot. She has that mid fifties MILF look down pat.

Heck, to an old guy like me, she is as good as a young lady one minute after midnight of her 18th birthday to the rest of you guys.

https://eccie.net/attachment.php?att...1&d=1543408905 Originally Posted by Jackie S
She plays around. Maybe you'll get lucky Jackie
I wonder what her Christmas tree ornaments look like hanging from her tree. Btw the woman Donald Trump (FTFY, your spelling is atrocious) has been fucking since Melania wont touch him, Kelly Anne, Sarah Sanders Huckabee and now Cindy Hyde Smith. Id say that's a pretty big drop off from the playboy model Originally Posted by themystic
Hyde-Smith will be the first woman elected to the Senate from Mississippi, and the Republican majority in the Senate is 53-47.
Hyde-Smith will be the first woman elected to the Senate from Mississippi, and the Republican majority in the Senate is 53-47. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Does the House no longer count? That's good for the Deplorables. Otherwise you would have to contend with Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff and people like that. I don't even know why we have a house
Does the House no longer count? That's good for the Deplorables. Otherwise you would have to contend with Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff and people like that. I don't even know why we have a house Originally Posted by themystic
Hyde-Smith will be the first woman elected to the Senate from Mississippi, and the Republican majority in the Senate is 53-47.
when does she come on-line? immediately I assume since its to fill thad cochran's resignation

or was she already a place holder? as one might tell, I haven't kept up with whats happening in mississippi

I don't know but if so, I just want someone to take the wind out of flake's sails as he has been holding up judicial nominations
  • WTF
  • 11-28-2018, 08:12 AM
when does she come on-line? immediately I assume since its to fill thad cochran's resignation

or was she already a place holder? as one might tell, I haven't kept up with whats happening in mississippi

I don't know but if so, I just want someone to take the wind out of flake's sails as he has been holding up judicial nominations Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
I doubt if she will take Flakes spot on the Judicial committee in this session.

She won by 6 points in a state the previous senator won in 20 and Trump won in 20.

I still think Trump will not run in 2020 but now think if he does he will lose like Jimmy Carter and GHBush, one termers.
I doubt if she will take Flakes spot on the Judicial committee in this session.

. Originally Posted by WTF
good point, yeah flake's holding it up at the committee level and not on the floor
  • grean
  • 11-28-2018, 12:09 PM
Does the House no longer count? That's good for the Deplorables. Otherwise you would have to contend with Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff and people like that. I don't even know why we have a house Originally Posted by themystic
Concerning appointments and impeachment convictions, no.

They can continue to place judges on the bench and Trump is care free of any threat of a conviction in the Senate were the house to pass articles.actually even with a thin majority, Democrats couldn't convict without votes from the other side too. I'm sure IBH would point that out if I didnt.