Sad news

yes, hard to believe. it is a great loss. always loved his work. be it comedy or drama.
another great talent lost far too soon.
Awww that is sad patch adams was One of my fave of all times
The death has some irony to it, someone who brought laughter and smiles died in a depression
He was one of my favorite actors/comedians.

I'll really miss his work.
It seems like the most creative artists - no matter the art form - are always mentally tortured. It's a shame that they have to sacrifice so much happiness to bring it to others. I don't claim to understand it at all but I've seen it over and over again. I was shocked and saddened to hear this news today. RIP Robin and thanks for making me laugh and for your more serious roles. You excelled there as well.
It seems like the most creative artists - no matter the art form - are always mentally tortured. It's a shame that they have to sacrifice so much happiness to bring it to others. I don't claim to understand it at all but I've seen it over and over again. I was shocked and saddened to hear this news today. RIP Robin and thanks for making me laugh and for your more serious roles. You excelled there as well. Originally Posted by watchoutthegameisrigged
Well said.
It seems like the most creative artists - no matter the art form - are always mentally tortured. It's a shame that they have to sacrifice so much happiness to bring it to others. I don't claim to understand it at all but I've seen it over and over again. I was shocked and saddened to hear this news today. RIP Robin and thanks for making me laugh and for your more serious roles. You excelled there as well. Originally Posted by watchoutthegameisrigged
My 2 favorites are a tie... The Fisher King & Mrs. Doubtfire. I think I'll plug both in when I get home.
I never saw him be hiself. Perhaps he never knew who he really was.
Good Morning, Viet Nam!

There's a great video on youtube of him entertaining troops, and retreat (ceremony when the flag comes down) interupted his show. Look it up on google. He recovered and was hilarious. But look at his reaction as he watched the soldiers salute - genuine respect. My favorite thing he ever did.
My son took it hard. He played basketball with his son when we lived in San Francisco. He acted nothing like what he did on TV. Whenever we got together I did all the talking.
Many many great movies ... my 2 favs are patch Adams n jack... He gonna be missed...rip robin williams
Many many great movies ... my 2 favs are patch Adams n jack... He gonna be missed...rip robin williams Originally Posted by face2muff
+1
Auto-erotic asphyxiation?
Auto-erotic asphyxiation? Originally Posted by BabeFinder
Media is saying he hung himself
Media is saying he hung himself Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
Exactly! That is what happens when it goes wrong.... Belt around neck, chair just out of reach? Who knows what TV/Internet was going. Those details might never come out.