A very worrisome time

No judgments here against only Antifa or only the Proud Boys, other than to say that the behavior of each group has made me angry and nervous. I despise looting and destruction and deadly force in the name of protest. I have been involved in protest marches but never resorted to anything other than peaceful protest. It is a legacy of this great nation – the right to express one’s beliefs in a peaceful manner. I’m worried now. We shouldn’t be surprised if death and injuries related to protest escalate. Tempers are running at a fever pitch. My simple advice is this: Allow others to protest, if they protest peacefully. Tolerate the opinions and beliefs of others if they are peacefully and respectfully presented. Protect your property and your loved ones and your community if there are threats to any of those things. I have firearms but they are reserved for sport hunting targeting water fowl or upland game birds. But if anyone threatens me or my family in my home or on my property or anywhere for that matter I will not back down. I never brought a gun to a protest because I’m smarter than that. I also discouraged others from bringing weapons. In this democracy, we work to protect the integrity of our elections, and we respectfully allow that process to dictate our government’s approach to governing. You don’t always win, but we must remain a nation of tolerance. That is the only way we can move forward, or even survive.
I think the corrupt politicians are more worrisome than protestors.
I think the corrupt politicians are more worrisome than protestors. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
Far more. Bigger criminals.
No judgments here against only Antifa or only the Proud Boys, other than to say that the behavior of each group has made me angry and nervous. I despise looting and destruction and deadly force in the name of protest. I have been involved in protest marches but never resorted to anything other than peaceful protest. It is a legacy of this great nation – the right to express one’s beliefs in a peaceful manner. I’m worried now. We shouldn’t be surprised if death and injuries related to protest escalate. Tempers are running at a fever pitch. My simple advice is this: Allow others to protest, if they protest peacefully. Tolerate the opinions and beliefs of others if they are peacefully and respectfully presented. Protect your property and your loved ones and your community if there are threats to any of those things. I have firearms but they are reserved for sport hunting targeting water fowl or upland game birds. But if anyone threatens me or my family in my home or on my property or anywhere for that matter I will not back down. I never brought a gun to a protest because I’m smarter than that. I also discouraged others from bringing weapons. In this democracy, we work to protect the integrity of our elections, and we respectfully allow that process to dictate our government’s approach to governing. You don’t always win, but we must remain a nation of tolerance. That is the only way we can move forward, or even survive. Originally Posted by Muy Largo

I too despise looting and destruction of property so when I saw the Proud Boys and BLM going at it in the street, I thought OK, I'm fine with a bunch of idiots beating the crap out of each other as long as no property is destroyed and no looting otherwise know to BLM as "reparations".

Sure, allow others to protest peacefully which does not include going into department stores and disrupting shopping. It does not mean shutting down roads and expressways. It does not mean marching through a neighborhood that you do not live in, in the middle of the night banging on pots and pans, using airhorns and shining lights in people's windows. It does not mean distrupting outdoor dining and telling people to either pledge support for my cause or will will punish you.

All these things done by BLM.

And we have seen what might happen to you if you pull out that firearm to protect your home and family if you do it in a city with a Democrat DA. You will be prosecuted.

The best way to protest is to vote out people you disagree with and live with the people you can't get removed from office by vote.

There is no room in this country for harming any individual that sees the world different than you do.

Have a better argument than the other person. And yeah, leave your AR's at home. Better yet, stay home and write your representatives.
I think the corrupt politicians are more worrisome than protestors. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong

Most corrupt of all time.........

I used to be afraid of the BLM/Antifa rioters, but now I am beginning to side more so with them. During a god damn pandemic, the government shut people down, destroyed businesses, sent trillions of dollars to big corporations, and left us with jack fucking shit. Now, they are evicting people and throwing them onto the streets, after ripping their jobs away. Fuck the government, and fuck the police who are carrying out these bullshit orders.
STOP THE BULLSHIT. It is now time to prosecute DONALD J TRUMP for a coup that has failed and treason, then let him present what he wants at his trial. when he is found guilty we can hang the bastard and be done with this shit. or atleast begin to put the country back together after this failded asshole has torn the country apart
The corrupt politicians are funding BLM and Antifa.
The corrupt politicians are funding BLM and Antifa. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Make a statement like that and try to back it up. You'll look less like a dumbass.

Corrupt politicians are funded by terrorists.

Fact-check: Did Georgia Sen. Kelly Loeffler accept an endorsement from a QAnon supporter?

https://www.statesman.com/story/news...st/3879099001/

The FBI has described the QAnon movement as a potential domestic terrorism threat. But Greene, a former construction executive heading to Congress, has called it "a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take this global cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles out," and has made derogatory remarks about Black people, Jews and Muslims.

Brian Levin, director of the Center for the Study of Hate & Extremism at California State University, San Bernardino, said Posobiec "has apparently cozied up to various white supremacists." Loeffler "should know that granting an interview to such a person, while criticizing those who point out his bigotry and disturbing associations, legitimizes the toxic views he so dutifully promotes."

Any of you dims notice that most of the rioting and looting stopped when it started making dementia joe look bad.
Not a coincidence! The lsm even stopped reporting on the rioting and looting when they realized it was hurting joe.
QAnon is a terrorist group but Antifa is just an idea ...

No hypocrisy here.

I don't know much about QAnon, but I don't think there is a huge number of people who believe in it. QAnon after all is a conspiracy theory and not a group, right?
Take it up with the FBI and the National Security Agency.
During a god damn pandemic, the government shut people down, destroyed businesses, sent trillions of dollars to big corporations, and left us with jack fucking shit. Now, they are evicting people and throwing them onto the streets, after ripping their jobs away. Fuck the government, and fuck the police who are carrying out these bullshit orders. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
Not everyone is losing their careers and homes. Jobs, Yes. Careers, No. Evicted for not paying multiple months of rent? They should be, the landlord has shit to pay as well. At the end of the day, everyone has a sob story. If you personally know someone getting evicted because they did not pay their rent, take them in if it bothers you that much. The media focuses on the shit that will get you riled up on purpose. At some point people will need to learn survival skills to make it in this world and stop expecting free handouts from the government.
Doesn't really piss me off is it banned me all the time.