Advice on Taking Pictures

I'd like to ask if there is some good way to mention to providers I want to see that I'd like to take pictures. I shoot with a top of the line Canon 5D Mark III. I've been taking pictures of dancers at some of the clubs who want professional pictures, and elsewhere.

Are there picture friendly providers? Is it better to charge a fee for pictures instead of trading? I ask because a provider brought up the idea of a trade.

Thanks
Some charge for it (videos, too) some don't. Just ask her; you won't be the first or last guy to ask her. I see more ads saying pics allowed for a fee than no pics allowed.
I don't trade service but love taking new photos always keeping my profile up to date is important!
Just ask. I like to do photos too. A lot of ladies actually enjoy modeling. I usually send them the best shots afterward and many end up in their ads or showcases. Ine provider here has a showcase made up entirely of shots I took of her over several meetings.
All you can do is ask the provider if you can take pics, and the worse she can do is say no. But, it is a good idea to ask before you set up a session appointment to let her know what you want as opposed to showing up with your camera and asking her when you walk in the door.
Asking individual ladies is best, especially if you've been their client. Everyone's different but the rules I follow when I get the house to myself to shoot are

1. Ladies I've seen (the only ones I'll ask who may not show their faces).

2. Well reviewed ladies who show their faces, whom I find attractive, and who do not employ professional photographers.

Some people simply post an open call, but I'd never step on the folks trying to make their living with a camera.
Thanks for asking the question. I've been wondering about this myself.

It seems that there aren't a lot of glamor shots in showcases even with the women who show their faces.

I can understand why a provider wouldn't want to take pictures, but those like you would see in Playboy back in the 70's can be titillating without showing too much.

I wanted to ask for some one who is picture friendly (ordered my wife a bunch of play ware before she left now I want to see it on somebody), but figured it was too soon to request something like that.
Is this a subject providers don't want to discuss?
Some providers allow pics, while others want to charge extra, sometimes, almost as much as the session itself depending on the number of pics, still ones that will allow some hobbyists to take pics while others they give the cold shoulder to.

Then there are the ones will will not allow pics period, or so they say, anyway. I have come across a few providers who were adamant about no pics, saying that is their rule for everyone, when in fact, she does allow a guy or two who she trusts to take pics and next thing you know, in no time, those pics are distributed to other hobbyists!

Like I said earlier in this thread, all you can do is ask, worse she can say is no. Going back to the original question, I have had a few providers that I have seen trade her services for pics. Why providers are not answering, I have no clue.
Some providers allow pics, while others want to charge extra, sometimes, almost as much as the session itself depending on the number of pics, still ones that will allow some hobbyists to take pics while others they give the cold shoulder to.

Then there are the ones will will not allow pics period, or so they say, anyway. I have come across a few providers who were adamant about no pics, saying that is their rule for everyone, when in fact, she does allow a guy or two who she trusts to take pics and next thing you know, in no time, those pics are distributed to other hobbyists!

Like I said earlier in this thread, all you can do is ask, worse she can say is no. Going back to the original question, I have had a few providers that I have seen trade her services for pics. Why providers are not answering, I have no clue. Originally Posted by davidfree986
I don't barter much, but I do offer any gent who likes to play naughty photographer, an opportunity to do so, using my camera if he wants. Gotta love role play!
Just ask. I like to do photos too. A lot of ladies actually enjoy modeling. I usually send them the best shots afterward and many end up in their ads or showcases. Ine provider here has a showcase made up entirely of shots I took of her over several meetings. Originally Posted by koseylee
Most will do exactly this. I do the exact some thing, although I have found its a good idea to have them bring several outfits etc, and have a good environment to shoot it.
When I was active on the old ASPD site I'd be approached about pictures for trade. But I preferred to get paid. So I wonder what you guys who take pictures think about this. So when I took pro pictures with my Canon DSLR and Novatron Monolights and edited the pictures in Photoshop, I charged $300. Alot of times the provider whom I was shooting would say something like: "Maybe we could trade, since $300 is my rate." I always preferred to get the money, but if I wanted to see her anyway, I'd say ok, sure. That's how it was then. Don't know if it's like this today because I've been out of the hobby for 6 years.
When I was active on the old ASPD site I'd be approached about pictures for trade. But I preferred to get paid. So I wonder what you guys who take pictures think about this. So when I took pro pictures with my Canon DSLR and Novatron Monolights and edited the pictures in Photoshop, I charged $300. Alot of times the provider whom I was shooting would say something like: "Maybe we could trade, since $300 is my rate." I always preferred to get the money, but if I wanted to see her anyway, I'd say ok, sure. That's how it was then. Don't know if it's like this today because I've been out of the hobby for 6 years. Originally Posted by Big Guitar Guy

As with anything, there are those who will and those who won't. Just as there are those who might view this as some kinda veiled advertisement, looking for ladies who would. I dunno, maybe the ISO is the best place for gents looking to barter?
I dunno, maybe the ISO is the best place for gents looking to barter? Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
No, Ms. Milyen, I think it belongs right here, and I'd be surprised if it was moved, as it's an interesting thread, and belongs here, judging by the replies.
No, Ms. Milyen, I think it belongs right here, and I'd be surprised if it was moved, as it's an interesting thread, and belongs here, judging by the replies. Originally Posted by Big Guitar Guy

Hey, I don't make the rules, thank goodness!

Photographers have hit me up in all kind of ways, but gents trying to make a buck off of what I do for a living, and get themselves some free sex on top of that, are not my thing. Other ladies may be thrilled... And, other gents looking for something specific, or bartering under the guise of advice, might not take too kindly to you being allowed to get away with it. Folks offering services to anyone, kinda got to post in another forum as well...... Again.... Rock on, hon.

If you get RTM'd and moved, it wasn't me. LOL I was just trying to let ya know. Peace!