"Believing Rights Come From God, not Government, Unites Christians." Says MSNBC Guest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjwvaGc1D2A

This is ultimately what separates us from them. GOD. There is no compromise with these people. The sooner you realize that, the better.
>>This is ultimately what separates us from them. GOD

Yep. This is ultimately what separates them (whoever "us" is) from intelligent people. BELIEVING SILLY FAIRY TALE BULLSHIT (god)
God is real and good

But we have separation between church and state for a reason.
God is real and good

But we have separation between church and state for a reason. Originally Posted by winn dixie
Sure thing. Just like Santa, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy. They're all good too. Glad we have separation of state and that silly shit as well.

Seriously, grown ass adults living in their own LARP world. I'm embarrassed for them, and for the rest of the grown up world that laughs at the US because of them.
What is the big deal here?

The founding fathers did not believe that our rights cme from Government. The Declaration of Independence was written with the basic understanding by itds authors and its signers that our civil rights are "natural rights", unalienable and inherent in us individually as people. The right to life was the first named. Liberty from oppression was second.

These rights were expanded on and enshrined as law in the Constitution as amended by The Bill of Rights.

That some people ardently believe in God and that our rights come from God does not in any way diminish those rights or their inherent character in our humanity for any agnostic or atheist citizen.

What us the big deal?
God is real and good

But we have separation between church and state for a reason. Originally Posted by winn dixie
In a basic sense "Separation of church and state' means The church should not rule over the state and the state cannot rule over the church. Then in 1956 President Ike Eisenhower established the National Motto, "In God We Trust". So why not trust Government? Because Government is run by man and man is flawed. So we trust God to keep man in check. So church and state cannot be totally separated.
What is the big deal here?

The founding fathers did not believe that our rights cme from Government. The Declaration of Independence was written with the basic understanding by itds authors and its signers that our civil rights are "natural rights", unalienable and inherent in us individually as people. The right to life was the first named. Liberty from oppression was second.

These rights were expanded on and enshrined as law in the Constitution as amended by The Bill of Rights.

That some people ardently believe in God and that our rights come from God does not in any way diminish those rights or their inherent character in our humanity for any agnostic or atheist citizen.

What us the big deal? Originally Posted by ICU 812
Your statement would be true if you are only talking about white men. Women didn’t have the same rights enshrined by the constitution and men and women of other races didn’t either. If they did then we wouldn’t need the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments. We still haven’t passed the Equal Rights Amendment granting women the same rights as men.

But I think you are missing the point. People who are not religiously affiliated are worried about the number of people who do have authoritarian religious beliefs that are associating themselves with the Republican party and Donald Trump in particular.

I don’t have a problem with religion myself but I do have a problem with elected representatives who use God to push a conservative christian agenda into our laws.
In a basic sense "Separation of church and state' means The church should not rule over the state and the state cannot rule over the church. Then in 1956 President Ike Eisenhower established the National Motto, "In God We Trust". So why not trust Government? Because Government is run by man and man is flawed. So we trust God to keep man in check. So church and state cannot be totally separated. Originally Posted by Levianon17
The church is not run by God but by men. That’s why the church and state must be separate. You can’t trust the church as an institution any more than you can the government. But at least you get to vote for the people who represent you in government. Can’t say the same for the church.
I find it ironic - again - that people who refuse to trust government out of the belief it only wishes to control the masses will look to God to keep them in check.

There's never been a more scheme to control the masses than organized religion.

Not even close.
Cult sects prove that
Like MAGA, Heaven's Gate, Branch Davidians and other cults. They didn't make this crazy shit up. The churches did.
Indeed
I find it ironic - again - that people who refuse to trust government out of the belief it only wishes to control the masses will look to God to keep them in check.

Not even close. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
What is really ironic you think Government has your back. Government is the most flawed institution there is.
The church is not run by God but by men. That’s why the church and state must be separate. You can’t trust the church as an institution any more than you can the government. But at least you get to vote for the people who represent you in government. Can’t say the same for the church. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
Both have their flaws. But you still don't get it. The basis for Separation of Church and State is to keep Government from establishing Religion. Which means the State will command no worship or mandate any belief. That's all it is. It doesn't mean America's founding isn't based on Christianity or it's belief in God.

Not even close. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I agree. Organized religion is and has been ripe with corruption throughout history.