Trump blasts California governor's plan to halt executions

• oeb11
  • 03-13-2019, 09:22 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...y1D?li=BBnb7Kz
President Trump on Wednesday blasted California Gov. Gavin Newsom for halting executions for the state’s 737 death row inmates.

“Defying voters, the Governor of California will halt all death penalty executions of 737 stone cold killers. Friends and families of the always forgotten VICTIMS are not thrilled, and neither am I!” Trump tweeted early Wednesday.
CALIFORNIA GOV. NEWSOM TO SIGN EXECUTIVE ORDER TO HALT DEATH PENALTY EXECUTIONS
The tweet comes hours before Newsom, a Democrat, is expected to sign an executive order that would halt all executions at San Quentin State Prison, closing a new execution chamber. The order would also withdraw lethal injection regulations. The order, though, would leave all convictions intact.
“The intentional killing of another person is wrong. And as governor, I will not oversee the execution of any individual,” Newsom said in a prepared statement obtained by the Southern California News Group.
Newsom, who has been a vocal opponent of the death penalty, said the measure is a “failure” that “has discriminated against defendants who are mentally ill, black and brown, or can’t afford legal representation.” He also said many innocent people have been wrongly convicted and sometimes put to death.
But Newsom’s order will go against the wishes of California voters, who in 2016 backed a measure to speed up executions.
The Association of Deputy District Attorneys blasted Newsom for “usurping” the will of the voters and “substituting his personal preferences.”
But Newsom said the death penalty is flawed because it is “irreversible and irreparable in the event of human error,” and expensive, costing California $5 billion since 1978.
Meanwhile, Trump has been a supporter of the death penalty. In October, Trump called for the death penalty for those who kill police officers.
"Reducing crime begins with respecting law enforcement," Trump said. “We believe that criminals who kill our police officers should immediately, with trial, but rapidly as possible, not 15 years later, 20 years later — get the death penalty."
A week later, Trump called for the death penalty of the man responsible for the synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh.

Death penalty Debate:
I side with elimination of the death penalty in the US - It is not a deterrent, hideously expensive, justice delayed by 20 years and - Most importantly - There have been innocent people executed. And quite a number given the sentence, exonerated prior to execution in the US.
Better to simply Life without parole - put a capital-crime convicted felon in a cage and let death by prison take effect. There are some folks who should not be released into Society.

See Ronald Allen McDuff case in Texas. yes- he was executed in Texas. Probably Justifiably. His case is a model for permanent incarceration of some criminals - not a justification for the death penalty.

No excuse for risking execution of any potentially innocent individuals.

The US should join the EU and most of the civilized world and eliminate the Death penalty.

90/10 the usual culprits will simply post their usual -nazi, pajama, YDKYS, Russian, genital envy, repressed Trump Desire , etc - without reading, or at all contributing anything cogent or constructive.
Yeah, but the Democrats want to kill new born babies. Go figure.
  • oeb11
  • 03-13-2019, 09:41 AM
I am not a DPST defender, and would prefer abortion never be needed.

That said- a careful examination of the Abortion laws and trumpeting on the right about Term Baby Murder, reveals it is illegal for an abortion provider to actively end the life of a term/viable baby after birth.

That is Murder.

In general - abortion after 24 weeks is reserved only for fetal death or significant risk of the health of the mother.

Those on the right repeating this nonsense are mistaken/Lying deliberately for political effect.

The references and postings of the texts of the State Laws are on other threads in this forum.
Yeah, but the Democrats want to kill new born babies. Go figure. Originally Posted by bambino
Bullshit. You’re lying And off topic.
  • oeb11
  • 03-13-2019, 09:47 AM
Let's stay on topic of adult death penalty, Please.

SomeOne have anything constructive and cogent to offer in debate ????
Or, just the usual 1-2 liners.
If SomeOne wants to accused a poster of "Lying" - Why not post a reasonable, supported by evidence, post proving why the accusation is correct.

If SomeOne is capable of doing so.
If you were capable of seeing past your unfounded condescension, oeb11, you’d agree I was correct and that bambino not only hijacked YOUR thread but lied about it using RWW here trope.

Unfortunately, you prefer to insult and call names.

Just like One with his head up One’s ass.

I’m not sure I’m against the death penalty. But I am against the unfair incarceration and de facto death penalty being meted out by the Federal government against migrant children and pregnant women.
  • oeb11
  • 03-13-2019, 09:57 AM
All that rather than look up a reference and debate the issue.
Very self-descriptive post - SomeOne.
SomeOne is True to Form.

So SAD
The inability to rationally debate is what will doom the DPST's for the long run
People not invested in DPST ideology realize that name- calling is an ineffective argument regarding Issues.

Does SomeOne have an opinion on the Death penalty????
More and more prisoners have been released by new technology so eliminating the death penalty would give some who might be innocent time to prove it..
  • oeb11
  • 03-13-2019, 10:34 AM
Agreed - BS
All that rather than look up a reference and debate the issue.
Very self-descriptive post - SomeOne.
SomeOne is True to Form.

So SAD
The inability to rationally debate is what will doom the DPST's for the long run
People not invested in DPST ideology realize that name- calling is an ineffective argument regarding Issues.

Does SomeOne have an opinion on the Death penalty???? Originally Posted by oeb11
I suppose that was for hijack bambino.
Bullshit. You’re lying And off topic. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
RTM...oh Wakeup isn't here to help you...that just to fucking bad...for you!!
More and more prisoners have been released by new technology so eliminating the death penalty would give some who might be innocent time to prove it.. Originally Posted by bamscram
Do the aborted babies ever get a chance to prove their innocence??
DO TELL...
They haven't executed a person in Commifornia in 13 yrs.
This shit is all symbolism over substance...the platform of the left.https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...227491659.html
Do the aborted babies ever get a chance to prove their innocence??
DO TELL... Originally Posted by bb1961
Another hijack.

What part of this topic don’t you understand?
RTM...oh Wakeup isn't here to help you...that just to fucking bad...for you!! Originally Posted by bb1961
Wake up banned me, bb1961.

Or did you miss that part too?

Do you have an opinion on Trump’s attack on states rights? Or are you just here to hijack the thread?