Waco Kid's word of the day. cisgender.

cisgender? wft does that mean? it means .. a normal person. lol.

cis·gen·der
sisˈjendər/
adjective
adjective: cisgender; adjective: cis-gender; adjective: cisgendered; adjective: cis-gendered
denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender corresponds with their birth sex.

what's this relate to in political terms? isn't it political when people try to put labels on things and people to suit their agenda?

sounds political to me, assup.

Scarlett Johansson faces backlash over controversial new role

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/scarlett-j...lebrities.html

Scarlett Johansson faces backlash over controversial new role originally appeared on goodmorningamerica.com

Scarlett Johansson has found herself at the center of a casting controversy yet again.
According to reports, the actress, who was criticized for playing a traditionally Asian character in Rupert Sanders' 2017 film, "Ghost in the Shell," has teamed up with the director again to star as a transgender man in his upcoming film, "Rub & Tug."

The Hollywood Reporter writes that the movie centers on the real-life story of Dante “Tex” Gill, who ran a massage parlor and prostitution ring in Pittsburgh in the 1970s and 1980s.

Gill was born Jean Marie Gill, and though it is unclear if he identified as transgender, The Hollywood Reporter noted that an obituary in his local newspaper reported Gill "[insisted] that she was a man."

When asked to respond to those who said a transgender actor should play the part, Johansson's publicist told Bustle on Tuesday: "Tell them that they can be directed to Jeffrey Tambor, Jared Leto, and Felicity Huffman's reps for comment."

(MORE: Scarlett Johansson opens up about 'Ghost in the Shell')

(MORE: Daniel Dae Kim will take over for Ed Skrein in 'Hellboy' reboot)

Tambor, Leto, and Huffman have all played transgender roles in the past. Tambor won two Emmys for his role in the Amazon series "Transparent," Leto took home an Oscar for his work in "Dallas Buyers Club," and Huffman won a Golden Globe for her performance in "Transamerica."

A representative for Johansson did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment.

This is not the first time that Johansson, 33, has had to defend her career choices. Last year, she was criticized for accepting a role in "Ghost in the Shell," a film based on a popular Japanese manga series. Though critics said an Asian actress should play the part, Johansson later told "Good Morning America" that she believed the character was "essentially identity-less."

"I would never attempt to play a person of a different race, obviously," she said.
After news broke that Johansson had been cast in her latest role, many online questioned how a cisgender actor could be the best choice to play Gill.

there's that word again .. cisgender. politically correct term isn't it?

April Reign, the activist who founded the #OscarsSoWhite movement, tweeted that Johansson, who is also a producer of "Rub & Tug," "is not hurting for money" and "doesn't need the increased profile." "So why would she take work away from a trans actor?" Reign asked.

"We've seen male & female actors in the past few years walk away from roles so that a person who could bring a more nuanced experience to the character was allowed to shine," Reign continued. "That is what should happen here. Rub & Tug isn't your movie, ScarJo. No need to monopolize," Reign also tweeted.

as some of you in this forum might know, i happen to be a fan of Japanamie otherwise known as japanese animated mangas (comic books) one of my favorites is the aforementioned "Ghost in the Shell." Johanssonis correct when she sated that the character of Major Motoko Kusanagi. the character was drawn deliberately to not appear Asian, in particular Japanese ..

no one said one damn word about it either. Ghost in the Shell has been around for decades, has had two runs as a animated series and several animated movies. there was some controversy with one of the movies, in that they changed the rendering of the Major from what it had been in the series. but the controversy wasn't about not being "Asian" enough, it was that the original rendering above was very popular with the fans, myself included. in the second animated film "Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence" the character appeared even less Asian .. if you ask me. but the controversy wasn't about that.

so when Johansson was cast in the live action movie, suddenly it was a controversy.

or rather, a political correctness controversy.
cisgender? wft does that mean? it means .. a normal person. lol.

cis·gen·der
sisˈjendər/
adjective
adjective: cisgender; adjective: cis-gender; adjective: cisgendered; adjective: cis-gendered
denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender corresponds with their birth sex.

what's this relate to in political terms? isn't it political when people try to put labels on things and people to suit their agenda?

sounds political to me, assup.

Scarlett Johansson faces backlash over controversial new role

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/scarlett-j...lebrities.html

Scarlett Johansson faces backlash over controversial new role originally appeared on goodmorningamerica.com

Scarlett Johansson has found herself at the center of a casting controversy yet again.
According to reports, the actress, who was criticized for playing a traditionally Asian character in Rupert Sanders' 2017 film, "Ghost in the Shell," has teamed up with the director again to star as a transgender man in his upcoming film, "Rub & Tug."

The Hollywood Reporter writes that the movie centers on the real-life story of Dante “Tex” Gill, who ran a massage parlor and prostitution ring in Pittsburgh in the 1970s and 1980s.

Gill was born Jean Marie Gill, and though it is unclear if he identified as transgender, The Hollywood Reporter noted that an obituary in his local newspaper reported Gill "[insisted] that she was a man."

When asked to respond to those who said a transgender actor should play the part, Johansson's publicist told Bustle on Tuesday: "Tell them that they can be directed to Jeffrey Tambor, Jared Leto, and Felicity Huffman's reps for comment."

(MORE: Scarlett Johansson opens up about 'Ghost in the Shell')

(MORE: Daniel Dae Kim will take over for Ed Skrein in 'Hellboy' reboot)

Tambor, Leto, and Huffman have all played transgender roles in the past. Tambor won two Emmys for his role in the Amazon series "Transparent," Leto took home an Oscar for his work in "Dallas Buyers Club," and Huffman won a Golden Globe for her performance in "Transamerica."

A representative for Johansson did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment.

This is not the first time that Johansson, 33, has had to defend her career choices. Last year, she was criticized for accepting a role in "Ghost in the Shell," a film based on a popular Japanese manga series. Though critics said an Asian actress should play the part, Johansson later told "Good Morning America" that she believed the character was "essentially identity-less."

"I would never attempt to play a person of a different race, obviously," she said.
After news broke that Johansson had been cast in her latest role, many online questioned how a cisgender actor could be the best choice to play Gill.

there's that word again .. cisgender. politically correct term isn't it?

April Reign, the activist who founded the #OscarsSoWhite movement, tweeted that Johansson, who is also a producer of "Rub & Tug," "is not hurting for money" and "doesn't need the increased profile." "So why would she take work away from a trans actor?" Reign asked.

"We've seen male & female actors in the past few years walk away from roles so that a person who could bring a more nuanced experience to the character was allowed to shine," Reign continued. "That is what should happen here. Rub & Tug isn't your movie, ScarJo. No need to monopolize," Reign also tweeted.

as some of you in this forum might know, i happen to be a fan of Japanamie otherwise known as japanese animated mangas (comic books) one of my favorites is the aforementioned "Ghost in the Shell." Johanssonis correct when she sated that the character of Major Motoko Kusanagi. the character was drawn deliberately to not appear Asian, in particular Japanese ..

no one said one damn word about it either. Ghost in the Shell has been around for decades, has had two runs as a animated series and several animated movies. there was some controversy with one of the movies, in that they changed the rendering of the Major from what it had been in the series. but the controversy wasn't about not being "Asian" enough, it was that the original rendering above was very popular with the fans, myself included. in the second animated film "Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence" the character appeared even less Asian .. if you ask me. but the controversy wasn't about that.

so when Johansson was cast in the live action movie, suddenly it was a controversy.

or rather, a political correctness controversy. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

this is about cultural appropriation nonsense. they're barking up the wrong tree, shitting and shatting in the process.
Fuck this nonsense! No one on the left ever accused Moo-shelle Odumbo of "cultural appropriation" when she straightened her hair and wore a dress instead of an aboriginal African loin cloth.

Asswipe's word of the day is oink oink HAHAHA
cisgender? wft does that mean? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Don't ask me... I'm still clueless what the "X" means at the end of LGBTX. I finally figured out what the L, G, B, and T stand for and then the queer fuckers added an X for some reason. Maybe assup can explain it to us. Isn't he the President of the Austin chapter of LGBTX?

While we're on the subject, did you know Facebook offers 71 gender options? No kidding, I'm not making it up. Here is a link that is 2 years old. For all I know, Zuckerberg may have added a few more since then. I guess for some confused people sexuality is like astronomy - except instead of discovering new galaxies they're constantly finding new "genders"!

https://ageofshitlords.com/facebook-...gender-options
The character in question was not a trans anything. This was several years ago and she was just a woman who passed at looking like a man. Let's not forget the contributions of Eddie Izzard, Tracey Ullman, Robin Williams, Max Baer, Peter Scolari, Tom Hanks, and every British actor over age 40 (except for Sean Connery).
Asswipe's word of the day is oink oink HAHAHA Originally Posted by Hotrod511
What a classy guy.
unkosher boy, you're very unclassy.
Amazing - cisgender - I had no clue what that meant. All I wanted to do was see this movie ... Rub and Tug..sounded so interesting....so I looked it up and all this controversy popped up. SMH.
The character in question was not a trans anything. This was several years ago and she was just a woman who passed at looking like a man. Let's not forget the contributions of Eddie Izzard, Tracey Ullman, Robin Williams, Max Baer, Peter Scolari, Tom Hanks, and every British actor over age 40 (except for Sean Connery). Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
ms. Gill had trans operations to turn her into a man. interesting she-male.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-Mr-Gill.html

looks like she was a heavy set petite female with male characteristics.

there doesn't seem to be pics of her before her life as a male TG.

ms Johannsen is a slim petite woman, is she right for the role?

if they pull this off, the makeup artist should win an Oscar. lol

The short, fat lesbian from Orange is the New Black would be perfect. She already looks the part.
Orange is the new Fuhrer
So why is Wacko so interested in this word? Is he wanting to try and become one? Just shave your ass and walk backwards Wacko!