I hope they win, myself...

The suit says no legal exceptions apply that would allow VCG to pay dancers [as independent contractors]. The dancers are not professionals nor artists and the dancing does not require “invention, imagination or talent in a recognized field of artistic endeavor,” the filing says.

“Plaintiffs, like all other dancers, do not have the opportunity to exercise the business skills and initiative necessary to elevate their status to that of independent contractors,” the suit says.

There is no training and only a minimum level of skill is required, the suit says.

Dancers’ only control is what to wear, within a range set by the company, and how provocatively to dance.
Strippers in Metro East plan class action suit over tips and wages

Cheers,

bcg
Me too! I'm friends w/ some of those girls.
stripping requires talent, Ive tried and failed miserably, sliding upside down< down a pole is A LOT harder than it appears!
In Baltimore, the Hustler club has three levels and a handful of the girls would climb over the 3rd floor railing to start their floor show from the top of the pole. Seeing them stop a few feet down and start hanging upside down and sliding on one leg was pretty damn impressive.
I do agree stripping is a art. Some just do it right. I remember one girl who you stick a dollar , fold it long and stick it g string. Bend over, and make that dollar clap. LOL