Is it just me or are SnapChat filters used for profile pics annoying?

Like the title states. I'll browse around profiles to see if I'm interested in contacting someone. As I'm browsing the profiles, I see profile pics with nothing but Snap Chat filters.

Add to the annoying SnapChat filters, there are some with some terrible quality pictures as if they were taken with a disposable camera and then pic was scanned.

Come on, pics from phone cameras can take better pictures than some of the ones I've seen.

Anyone else agree or disagree?
It. Is. Not. Just. You.
It. Is. Not. Just. You. Originally Posted by B Three
I knew it!
Nope not just you !
  • BLM69
  • 08-20-2018, 07:37 AM
It's a bunch of kids stuff that a few adults think is cool, I prefer unfiltered pics
A few fun pics are just that, fun; but don't fill your profile with that shit.
A few fun pics are just that, fun; but don't fill your profile with that shit. Originally Posted by corona
Exactly, as long as there is a good mix of filtered vs unfiltered pics I don’t see the big deal.

A lot of the ladies that have professionally shot photos don’t look like that in person. I’ve seen it for myself. Nothing like a lady coming up to you at a social and you don’t know who the hell she is because she looks nothing like her pics.

If a guy passes on my awesome self because of a fun Snapchat selfie that’s his loss!
I don’t like the one that makes their eyes huge. I am not sexually attracted to Gollum from Lord of the Rings. ��
some of the filters remind me of the characters from "Help Helen Smash" https://www.facebook.com/helphelensmash/
Hate 'em.
  • Crock
  • 08-20-2018, 04:22 PM
A few fun pics are just that, fun; but don't fill your profile with that shit. Originally Posted by corona
Exactly, as long as there is a good mix of filtered vs unfiltered pics I don’t see the big deal. Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
Exactly. I think some of them are very cute. But there must be an unfiltered pic to balance the filtered ones.
Exactly, as long as there is a good mix of filtered vs unfiltered pics I don’t see the big deal.

A lot of the ladies that have professionally shot photos don’t look like that in person. I’ve seen it for myself. Nothing like a lady coming up to you at a social and you don’t know who the hell she is because she looks nothing like her pics.

If a guy passes on my awesome self because of a fun Snapchat selfie that’s his loss! Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
I hear ya, but at the same time, it's not the photographer's job to keep a provider hot and pretty AFTER the shoot. That's HER job.

Just saying.
A few in the bio is cute. A profile pic that is distorted, I find counterproductive.
Well, if the lady doesn't represent in her showcase what a gent will see once the door is opened - that's a whole other can of worms.