More and more I am starting to root for Assad in Syria...

He nailed the Saudis in this thread:

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-foreign-m...083355380.html

Key quote:

---------------------
Damascus (AFP) - Syrian President Bashar al-Assad warned during a meeting in Damascus on Wednesday with Iran's foreign minister that Saudi Arabia's political and religious ideology is "a threat to the world," state television reported.

He was referring to Wahhabism, an ultra-conservative Sunni Muslim tradition which is predominant in Saudi Arabia, a key backer of Syria's revolt against Assad.

---------------------

I think Obama backed the wrong horse in Syria.
  • BJerk
  • 01-15-2014, 05:43 PM

Key quote:

---------------------
Damascus (AFP) - Syrian President Bashar al-Assad warned during a meeting in Damascus on Wednesday with Iran's foreign minister that Saudi Arabia's political and religious ideology is "a threat to the world," state television reported.

He was referring to Wahhabism, an ultra-conservative Sunni Muslim tradition which is predominant in Saudi Arabia, a key backer of Syria's revolt against Assad.

---------------------

I think Obama backed the wrong horse in Syria. Originally Posted by ExNYer
No, he didn't. That guy is a murderous despot. However, we shouldn't back any of them, let them play it out without us spilling more blood.
Have we "cleaned up" all the WMD's yet?
What a choice. Al Quaeda backed religious zealots on one side, and a murdering student of Stalinistic Thugocracy on the other.

If we are lucky, it will be like that final scene in Resevoir Dogs, where the bad guys simultaniously shot each other.
We won't be that lucky....unless a nuclear missile flying to Israel is diverted to Damascus. I wonder how secure their guidance system is...
Have we "cleaned up" all the WMD's yet? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Where? Who's "we?"
No, he didn't. That guy is a murderous despot. However, we shouldn't back any of them, let them play it out without us spilling more blood. Originally Posted by Bert Jones
I am going to choose the murderous despot over Al Qaeda.

In Iraq, the Christian population has just about disappeared. Many of them fled to Syria.

Now Al Qaeda is killing Christians in Syria. They are going to religiously cleanse the Middle East if they get control over it.

And we can think our "ally" the Saudis for fomenting fanatical Wahhabism for over 70 years around the world..
Revolution hijacked my Islamist extremism and the muslim brotherhood.
So Assad controlled the nation keeping it to a certain extent secular.
Was the original revolution an effort to increase the true freedom of the people or a cover for another extremist takeover.

These sick bastards do not like each other within the same religion and have not for ages.

at the very least, they are giving up some of their
WMDs that Saddam was hiding there.

Key quote:

---------------------

---------------------

I think Obama backed the wrong horse in Syria. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Depends on what you mean by the "wrong horse" I suppose. He's a dictator who has been oppressing, gassing, shelling, shooting and killing the citizens of his country for a while now. You might want to mount that horse with some care.

Not a defense of Saudi Arabia. But, they at least seem to be able to subjugate and rule their citizens with a velvet glove.
All I can say is... save the Christians and let the rest fight it out.
All I can say is... save the Christians and let the rest fight it out. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Aren't the Christians already saved?

Youre a fucking tit.
Depends on what you mean by the "wrong horse" I suppose. He's a dictator who has been oppressing, gassing, shelling, shooting and killing the citizens of his country for a while now. You might want to mount that horse with some care.

Not a defense of Saudi Arabia. But, they at least seem to be able to subjugate and rule their citizens with a velvet glove. Originally Posted by timpage

This Saudi Princess was beheaded for adultery

This Saudi woman, not being a princess, was stoned to death for adultery

Yeah, the ole velvet glove...
What do they call that religious law that comes from the religion of peace.
That Mohamed dude knew how to keep them bitches in line.
  • CJ7
  • 01-16-2014, 09:29 AM
sure we can stop a civil war that's been brewing for over 700 years, Noooooooo problem-O !! a purple thumb should do it !!

oh wait .........................

This Saudi Princess was beheaded for adultery

This Saudi woman, not being a princess, was stoned to death for adultery

Yeah, the ole velvet glove... Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
As I stated "not a defense of Saudi Arabia".....savages for sure.